Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study.

3 posters

Go down

Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. Empty Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:04 am

Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2009 Oct 13.
Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study.

Leite ML.

Aim: To examine the relationship between some blood parameters and mild kidney dysfunction. < b>Participants and Methods: A total of 719 Italian men aged 42 to 74 years from a population-based survey carried out in the town of Bollate (Milan). General linear models were used to examine the variations in plasma fibrinogen, hematocrit, platelet counts, mean platelet volume, and uric acid across levels of kidney function (estimated on the basis of glomerular filtration rate [GFR]), adjusting for age, education, smoking, alcohol consumption, physical activity (evaluated as TV watching, engaging in sport practice, and walking/cycling), waist circumference, arm muscle area, high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-cholesterol, triglycerides, hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular disease history, and nonsteroid anti-inflammatory, diuretic, and antihypertensive drug use. Results: Plasma fibrinogen and hematocrit levels increased, and platelet counts and mean platelet volume significantly decreased as GFR fell to <80 or <70 mL/min per 1.73 m(2); stratified analysis revealed an association with serum uric acid levels. Alterations compatible with an increased cardiovascular risk were particularly evident among the participants with higher uric acid levels, whereas those indicative of platelet dysfunction were found among participants with lower levels. Conclusions: Parameters affecting hemostasis and blood viscosity are altered when kidney function is only slightly reduced, and the patterns of these relationships seem to be influenced by the levels of serum uric acid, whose easy and inexpensive measurement could have prognostic value.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. Empty Re: Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study.

Post  kijumn Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Abstract Much focus has been placed on the role of the renin–angiotensin system as a mediator of the progression of chronic kidney disease. Novel therapeutic strategies to inhibit the negative impact of renin–angiotensin activation, including dual therapy with an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin-receptor blocker, have been suggested to achieve more complete disruption of the renin–angiotensin system. The role played by aldosterone, a target of angiotensin II, in the progression of chronic kidney disease has become a subject of significant interest over the past decade. Experimental studies in animals have shown that persistently elevated aldosterone levels lead to pathohistological changes in the kidney, along with renal and cardiac fibrosis. Incomplete suppression of aldosterone may, therefore, contribute to the deleterious effects of the renin–angiotensin system in the setting of chronic kidney disease. Clinical trials in adults have shown a potential role for mineralocorticoid receptor blockers to delay further the development of end-stage renal disease by completing renin–angiotensin blockade. In adults, mineralocorticoid receptor blockade produces a significant anti-proteinuric effect and has minimal risk of causing hyperkalemia if the condition of the patients is closely monitored. Further studies will need to be conducted to determine whether mineralocorticoid receptor blockers are equally effective and safe for the treatment of chronic kidney disease in children.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study. Empty Re: Fibrinogen, Hematocrit, Platelets in Mild Kidney Dysfunction and the Role of Uric Acid: An Italian Male Population Study.

Post  kijumn Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Based on studies of humans exposed to lead in the workplace or environment and animals fed lead in their drinking water, it has been proposed that lead is responsible for a significant proportion of human hypertension.2 Several surveys of men suffering environmental exposure concluded that systolic blood pressure is a geometric function of blood lead concentration. One study found that systolic pressure was increased from 1 to 7 mm Hg for each doubling of blood lead, depending on the demographics of the population.3 Another study indicated that blood pressure was increased 1.8 mm Hg for each 10 µg/dL of blood lead.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

This is a huge reason why metal chelation is so important. Lead (Pb) is everywhere, and could make or break success with hair loss.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Couldn't agree with you more CS. Not to mention, the older we get, the more holes that we need to plug.

By the way, what's also interesting about lead is that one of the symptoms associated with lead poisoning is cavities.

Supposedly SSKI/Iodide is one of the best mobilizers of lead. Wonder if that's why I like it at 1 gram per day.

Also, regarding potassium and tissue oxygenation, I bet those talking about having red cheeks had low tissue oxygenation as well. This would probably be a good band-aid for those guys http://www.iherb.com/Lumina-Health-CellFood-1-fl-oz-30-ml/7431?at=0 does a decent job but expensive. I personally like apple cider vinegar but I doubt ACV would work well for those who have existing food sensitivities preventing retaining potassium, phosphate issues, low magnesium, etc..
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:21 am

Jdp- I believe the Cellfood product is really over-hyped and doesn't do much .
What really is an energy booster IMHO is lemon/lime juice + baking soda .I know you are no longer fond of lemon as it's high oxalate but the combo really gets you up and going ,instant energy booster.

Do you have any experience on ozonized water? I've been researching it lately,I'm about to get an O-3 device ,it looks like a great way to oxygenize tissues.It lowers blood sugar ,gives energy.

I wonder what IH's view on O-3 water is.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:22 am

edony,

You didn't notice a difference or a noticeable change with red cheeks/rosacea with cellfood?

If so, that's really interesting and I'm stumped as there should at least be a noticeable change in the red disappearing in your cheeks.

Granted, the cost is really high compared to apple cider vinegar as they are very similiar in their benefits, in my experience but for those that aren't crazy about ACV or can't retain potassium it gives an alternative for oxygenation.

Regarding lemon/lime water, actually it is a good drink and would actually be beneficial for my diet. Lemon/lime would be very low in oxalate if only consuming the juice and not the pulp. It would also supply citrate which would help to remove calcification better than ACV and the citrate would also help to lower oxalates already stored in the body.

Regarding restricted diet, IMO/IME, if only eating rice and meat and water with nothing else added, including supplements, and you don't feel better or your don't notice a change in hair then I'd personally skip to something else and not continue. I know other articles online mention you'll notice a difference in weeks but IMO/IME it really is days if it's just meat, rice and water.

hope this helps and good luck
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

Oh, I don't have any experience with ozonated water. If you try it let me know if it helps or not.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:56 am

Jdp,

yeah, I tried the all meat-rice-water diet for a couple of weeks but it didn't work.My hairloss didn't even subside a bit,I noticed absolutely no change in hair,it remained dull,brittle and sick.
Eventually I gave up as I felt deprived and hopeless and gave in in some legumes or eggs occasionally.To this time I still mostly feed on meat and rice but nothing to observe hairwise except for more and more thinning.
I just hoped that something positive would happen as I'm sure hairloss is a gut problem but no luck.
My diet has always been quite healthy almost 95% with an occasional cheat,some spaghetti,pizza,sugar from time to time and things were quite stable.I was losing hair and a lot of it but magically I was getting it back it seems at my hairline wouldn't recede and hair density looked stable.

Since going 99%-100% dietwise surprisingly things took a hit.

I really dunno what to try next.I've tried combating Lp(a) and homocysteine after your advice,my latest blood work looks great on that aspect ,still wouldn't work.

Funny thing is I feel 100%,no pains,no aches,don't get sick!Full of energy,I'm calm and peaceful throughout the day,sleep deep,can get up and going all day long without even getting tired.
I exhibit absolutely no sign of hypo.

Since that bloody MPB plague has striken me hard back in 2004 I've been trying hard to find the culprit of my hairloss w no fortunate results.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 am

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:20 am

Hey Caustic,you are referring to Histadelia?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:27 am

edony - Mostly to your probably metabolic type, which appears to be sympathetic branch, meaning that you can probably eat a 60% complex carbohydrate diet.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down