Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Oil pulling receipes
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptyYesterday at 6:06 pm by Maup

» Zeolite clinoptilolite?
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 9:19 am by CausticSymmetry

» DHT gel usage???
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 7:43 am by CausticSymmetry

» Carnivore Diet filled in bald spot.
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptyWed Oct 02, 2024 6:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS AND MODERN DISEASES
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptySun Sep 29, 2024 5:10 am by CausticSymmetry

» Butter packaging?
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 1:01 pm by Maup

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:57 am by CausticSymmetry

» Time to put on a mask again
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 5:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Should an old milk tooth be pulled?
Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 7:58 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt

2 posters

Go down

Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt Empty Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt

Post  Grateful Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Hi there IH,

I was hoping I could get your opinion on salt. We have all been taught that salt is BAD for you but recently I've discovered that certain salt such as Hymalayan crystal salt and sea salt is actually good for ones health and wellbeing and is in fact a necessary and vital ingredient for good health, especially surprisingly for heart health. Apparently, intake of such salt prevents and heals many different kinds of disease and ailments as they contain up to 85 essential minerals and other health giving properties. As I am always experimenting with new therapies, supplements and ingredients to achieve perfect health (and of course - perfect hair) I would really like to know what you think IH about incorporating salt in ones health regime. Which is better - Himalayan or sea salt or would it be a good idea to take both. Most importantly, in addition to cooking how much salt would you take and how would you take it - I mean, would you mix a teaspoon in a glass of water for instance each day? What would the effects on hair health be considering its high mineral content. I hope you could express your views on this IH. Your advice is appreciated as always.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt Empty Re: Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:27 am

Grateful - I've been a huge supporter of salt for several years.

Besides Himalayan salt, there's Celtic salt, but both are excellent--all containing the full spectrum of minerals, unlike table salt (sodium chloride).

The diet of the Phalam nomads in Tibet is totally "incorrect" (politically anyway), they eat considerable amounts of salt (natural) yet their blood pressure averages are much lower than our peers. I happily have a salt shaker of Himalayan salt, and a little goes a long way--it's quite salty so I use less of it than if I were to use equal amounts of sodium chloride.

Salt intake engenders longer life. We would die without salt in about 5 days, but establishment medicine has been very aggressive on limiting salt intake. Salt induced hypertension is not as common as it would appear, but it's worth nothing that insulin resistance causes this phenomenon.

Hypertension from sodium chloride intake is really just a need for additional Potassium and Magnesium. Real salt (Himalayan or Celtic) usually lowers blood pressure.

Whether table salt is a real problem depends on ones renin levels. There are patients who have very low renin levels and these would benefit from a reduction of salt--but not too much.

However, most of us have renin levels that are too high, and a reduction of salt (any kind) will only raise blood pressure.

It's easy to use Himalayan salt, use it as replacement for table salt, it also looks more attractive than Celtic salt, which is good but appears more like a gray color.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt Empty Re: Hymalayan Crystal Salt and Sea Salt

Post  Grateful Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info IH. Will definitely add Himalayan crystal salt to my dietary regimen.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down