Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? Empty Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions?

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:33 pm

I just ordered some of this Nutricology Magnesium chloride 'liquid', and I thought I'd see if anyone has tried it and/or has any opinion on it...

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/NCL018/ItemDetail

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? Empty Re: Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions?

Post  jksl Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:52 pm

It doesn't say mag oil in the description. By the looks of it, it's magnesium chloride liquid meant for ingesting. For liquid magnesium as a supplement to ingest, i'd go for something ionic.

Something like this: http://innotechnutrition.com/home/products/liquid_ionic_magnesium/

The only mag oil i've used is Peter Gillham's Essence of Life Magnesium Oil
http://www.magnesiumworld.ca/html/products.html

Both are Canadian companies.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions? Empty Re: Anyone tried this Nutricology Mag Oil? Opinions?

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 pm

jksl,

I think "oil" is just a word they use to label it, and Nutricology is using "liquid" because it is probably more of an accurate description. For instance this Swanson magnesium "oil" sayshttp://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU496/ItemDetail?n= says this:

"Magnesium Oil is a super-saturated spray of pure magnesium chloride and water-- nothing added, nothing taken away"

Looking at the Essence of Life Oil on your link, it looks like a spray but it doesn't list ingredients. I'm guessing it is similar- mag chloride and water? Is it more of a liquid or an oil consistency?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 pm

The reason why Nutricology called it liquid instead of oil is to let people know that it isn't for topical use, but for ingestion. This is their description:

"Add to your favorite beverage. A highly absorbable form of magnesium, formulated to be better tolerated by the gastrointestinal tract. Magnesium chloride is generally well tolerated."

Nothing about it being used as a topical. I only bring this up as i am assuming you were considering using this product as "mag oil" (i.e. using it transdermally). The only and every time people bring up mag oil on this site is to talk about using it topically, so i assumed what i assumed...

All companies that sell their magnesium chloride as 'mag oil' (and there is a number of them) are selling them to be used topically/transdermally, as is the case with Swanson's magnesium "oil" that you linked.

The essence of life is actually concentrated seawater (with the sodium removed) containing magnesium chloride. 'Watery' is the word to best describe the consistency of the product.
jksl
jksl

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:00 am

jksl,

I understand- yes I am planning on using it transdermally, and they don't talk about that in the instructions. Although in the reviews people seem to have positive feedback about it topically:

" I also discovered that if I mixed it with my lotion and apply to my face makes my skin look like baby face. I love it!!!"

"I use topically, works great."

I am curious about the lactic acid being applied topically. I'm guessing it is in there to aid in digestion/absorption. Do you think it will be problematic to use lactic acid topically? I honestly didn't notice it had lactic acid in it, or I wouldn't have bought it. I'd still like to try it, and it was only $6. Someone said in the reviews that all mag is converted to mag chloride in the stomach, but that isn't true is it?

CS- Any thoughts on oral or topical mag chloride with the lactic acid in it?

Thanks

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down