Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido...

3 posters

Go down

Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... Empty Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido...

Post  Paradox Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:15 pm

I have always been curious about whether or not those of you that have a very strong anti-dht approach (using a natural route vs. drug route) experience the same libido and psychological affects as those from finasteride.

From there my logic goes....

If you do have the same side effects; why not just take finasteride? ....and....

If you don't have the same sides; why do you think that is, given the same method of action?

I hypothesize that maybe finasteride blocks more dht conversion, hence higher incidence and level of sides. Assuming of course that those of you that have taken both say that this is the case.

Has anyone had experience with finasteride at one point in time, and natural systemic treatment at another? It would be great to hear what your observations are as far as effectiveness vs. side effects between the two.

I'm currently taking finasteride because I figure that I might as well take one thing that studies show works, rather than many that there may be some level of question or even hypothesis around its mode of action. The bitch of it is that even with the finasteride my thinning and receding continues to progress at a very slow rate. In my experience to date, Dutasteride has been the only affective agent to almost completely knock any further recession dead in its tracks, and also dramatically thicken up existing hair. I hate the stuff with a passion because it annihilates my libido like no other, and makes me a psychological nutcase...with extreme anxiety!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... Empty Re: Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido...

Post  HanginInthere Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Fin reduces SERUM dht levels, this is not a good thing, you need dht in your body

naturals, the studies i have read, take saw palmetto, does not reduce serum blood levels of dht.
Perhaps this is one reason for the general low incidence of side effects

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... Empty Natural Options

Post  Samson&Delilah Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:31 am

My girlfriend and I have gotten some nice results with a product we tried. (She's got thinning too so we're in it together). Personally, I noticed an increase in my widow's peaks within 3 months of using it; but the manufacturers claims it doesn't work in the "front" only in the crown area so who knows what's going on....

The product is new to the market, her hairdresser told her about it: www.naturalcrown.com

Not a miracle, but a an actual improvement for sure.
I'd say I'm seeing about 15% more hair in the area and that's enough to make me feel better, it's also falling out a lot less when i'm in the shower. It's natural, no gunk, which i really like - seemed to be in keeping with what you're trying. There's no supplements, so I'm not sure if it answers your question, but it is non-synthetic. The stuff is made from some from kind of mineral conconction, it's light and watery sprayed onto the scalp 2xday.

Also I started taking iron from what i read on the site, i think that's helping. i'm taking it in a liquid form twice a day.

I'm considering surgery...but right now the idea seems hideous, so it would be a while off. Supplements never did enough for me, but I'm all for natural cures and like your recommendations. Thanks.

Samson&Delilah

Back to top Go down

Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido... Empty Re: Natural DHT blockers, finasteride, and libido...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down