Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Whey and milk EmptyToday at 8:26 am by JtheDreamer

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Whey and milk EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Whey and milk EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Whey and milk EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Whey and milk EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Whey and milk EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Whey and milk EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Whey and milk EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Whey and milk EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Whey and milk

+6
TexasStar
Misirlou
Amaranthaceae
CausticSymmetry
Gibson
Glacier
10 posters

Go down

Whey and milk Empty Whey and milk

Post  Glacier Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:06 pm

CS

It is commonly known milk has DHT precursors, since whey is made from milk does that mean all the whey protein products out there also contains these precursors, could be since some folks keeps blaming weight training for the resulting hair loss, just wondering if there is something about whey to be concerned about?

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Whey and milk Empty Re: Whey and milk

Post  Gibson Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Look for a low temperature dryed whey product: having tried it I'm confident that solgar's Whey To Go delivers. This will surpass all in glutathione production. You must take it on an empty stomach to reap that award. Unfortunately, that brand messes with my bowels (perhaps it is the glutamine), so I will have to drop it.

Having not tried cheap whey products, I am confident they are shit for health, but may deliver for muscle.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Glacier - The primary problem with pasteurized milk is that the lactose is now converted (via pasteurization) into beta-lactose which raises insulin rapidly, which in turn increases DHT production. It's probably no help that bovine growth hormone is added to milk which probably only exacerbates this effect although I have not fact checked this last assumption.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm

You can make kefir from pasterised milk however, since all the lactose is eaten up in the fermenting process .. it is pre-digested so to speak, before going into the stomach.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:24 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Glacier - The primary problem with pasteurized milk is that the lactose is now converted (via pasteurization) into beta-lactose which raises insulin rapidly, which in turn increases DHT production.

Hey, what about lactose-free milk then?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Whey and milk Empty Newest Whey Protein on the market

Post  TexasStar Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:45 am

With regard to Whey Proteins, I would suggest that those who might be taking it to take a look at a very interesting new product that my Doctor (MD) told me about. He is a very intelligent surgeon that is quite progressive in his thinking, as he is not tied to old school medicine.

The product is called "LifeBuilder Ultra Protein", and after getting his recommendation and reviewing it myself -- as well as trying it myself for better than a month now -- I really wish this product would have been around 25 years ago.

Not only does it come from all natural grass pasture milk, but they use a totally unique formulation technique which harnesses the greatest degree of the natural power structure of the milk whey.

I'm not really able to explain all the other uniquenesses of the product because their website is kinda long -- but the info is awesome. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has a Whey protein product like they do, and I've been taking them for over 25 years.

www.lifebuilderpro.com

Finally, it seems somebody got it right.

Let me know what you think too.

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:55 am

Gibson wrote:Look for a low temperature dryed whey product: having tried it I'm confident that solgar's Whey To Go delivers. This will surpass all in glutathione production. You must take it on an empty stomach to reap that award. Unfortunately, that brand messes with my bowels (perhaps it is the glutamine), so I will have to drop it.

Having not tried cheap whey products, I am confident they are shit for health, but may deliver for muscle.

Does glutamine cause bowel issues?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Whey and milk Empty Glutamine and Bowel issues (Re: Whey Protein)

Post  TexasStar Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:15 am

Well, I don't know if Glutamine causes bowel issues, but I do know that one of the main reasons my doctor suggested I try this new Lifebuilder Ultra Protein was because not one of his patients complained of bowel problems or any other kind of digestive or bloating problems.

I always seems to have a problem with a bit of bloating on every other whey protein, but with this one, not even a hint of a problem.

And also, it tastes great too and all they use is natural Stevia for sweetening. Everything else they do to make the product is incredible. The really went the extra mile.

Their website was so informative, but not pushy and all hype like -- like so many other protein product sites.

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am

scotty--

Basically, I started using whey powder and a glutamine supplement at the same time and got backed up, so to speak. I dropped glutamine and continued to use whey, but the problem persisted. Constipation seems to be a side effect for whey and glutamine based on some google searches I did. Whey seems to be a bigger culprit, and glutamine seems to help constipation in a lot the info I read (conflicting). In any case, I'm not sure exactly why whey has that binding effect in me, but it isn't worth the discomfort. And I haven't messed with glutamine again to confirm if that was the problem.

PS--I tried fiber with whey and it was even more annoying because I felt like i had to go, but couldn't.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:24 am

TexasStar wrote:With regard to Whey Proteins, I would suggest that those who might be taking it to take a look at a very interesting new product that my Doctor (MD) told me about. He is a very intelligent surgeon that is quite progressive in his thinking, as he is not tied to old school medicine.

The product is called "LifeBuilder Ultra Protein", and after getting his recommendation and reviewing it myself -- as well as trying it myself for better than a month now -- I really wish this product would have been around 25 years ago.

Not only does it come from all natural grass pasture milk, but they use a totally unique formulation technique which harnesses the greatest degree of the natural power structure of the milk whey.

I'm not really able to explain all the other uniquenesses of the product because their website is kinda long -- but the info is awesome. Nobody, and I mean nobody, has a Whey protein product like they do, and I've been taking them for over 25 years.

www.lifebuilderpro.com

Finally, it seems somebody got it right.

Let me know what you think too.

Here's a quote from their site:
"Today's most expensive whey protein supplements (whether isolates, ion exchange, cross-flow/ultra/micro filtration or hydrolyzed processes) are often high heat pasteurized, denatured (degraded) and have definite limitations in maintaining the biological activity of their whey proteins.

Most manufacturers will even blatantly state that the above processes and so-called “low heat, cold-processed” manufacturing techniques don’t denature or harm the bioactivity of the delicate protein components found in whey protein such as immunoglobulins, lactoferrins, glycomacropeptides, serum albumins, growth factors and active peptides – but they definitely do if they’re using any of the processes noted above. Just the shear degree of friction applied to the whey protein unequivocally degrades them.

Additionally, we also use NO chemicals whatsoever to separate the precious active liquid whey from our grass pasture fed milk – as this would destroy the life giving nutrient components of the native, or rather, natural whey."

From what i understand this is very true regarding whey as a detoxer and glutathione builder. A long time ago I had a number of conversations with the creator of the lifestar supplement line and he told me that it is a tedious process to preserve whey's delicate protein structures that make it boost glutathione. When the structures are preserved and the whey truly isn't denatured, your body can totally utilize it to an end where it is a profound immune system enhancer. He was making products for HIV patients, etc.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 am

Misirlou wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Glacier - The primary problem with pasteurized milk is that the lactose is now converted (via pasteurization) into beta-lactose which raises insulin rapidly, which in turn increases DHT production.

Hey, what about lactose-free milk then?

CS?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasStar Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 am

I'm not certain, but it seems reasonable to think that the LifeBuilder protein's "microbial -safe cold pasteurization process" (as well as all the other processes in their all natural MAPS Technology) must have something to do with people not experiencing any digestive or bloating issues with their protein as compared to all the other proteins.

What do you think?

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 am

TexasStar - This product looks really good. Do you prefer the chocolate or the vanilla?

Misirlou - Lactose free milk unfortunately still has plenty of bad stuff of regular milk.

Glutamine is used regularly as a primary staple in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:33 am

Here's some more info on whey and glutathione. Immunocal whey is the whey used most often therapeutically.

http://www.dfwcfids.org/medical/whey.html

Lifestar's product is significantly cheaper and was created to compete directly with Immunocal:

http://www.lifestar.com/Pages/glutathene.html

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasStar Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Yes, I'm familiar with and have tried the Immunocal, LifeStar, Immune Pro, Whey Cool and other similar products, as well as read all of their nicely written (and pretty persuasive) marketing information and such, however, their information and claims didn't really come that close to the results I experienced. After trying so many protein products for the past 25 years, it really boils down to the results that you experience.

For me, the LifeBuilder protein product has exceeded everything that I could ever have hoped for. So many other people shared with me how they too found so many good reasons for themselves how the LifeBuilder protein had excellent results for them. It really seems to be the "lifebuilder" that they express on their site.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it and see.

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Dude, you're gunning way to hard for it: just send us free samples.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasStar Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Well, I can certainly say I don't have any samples to send as I pay for my product just like everyone else does -- but I guess you're hearing through my comments that I am really impressed with the product.

As I noted in an earlier post, I've been searching for a truly pure and natural protein supplement for a very long time. I would think that all manufacturers would like to have customers like me that deeply believe in their product. I guess you'd call it a very satisfied customer.

Sorry if I may sound so enthusiastic, but that product they sell is really different. I trusted my doctor when he told me about it, and I trust him even more now.

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

TexasStar wrote:Yes, I'm familiar with and have tried the Immunocal, LifeStar, Immune Pro, Whey Cool and other similar products, as well as read all of their nicely written (and pretty persuasive) marketing information and such, however, their information and claims didn't really come that close to the results I experienced. After trying so many protein products for the past 25 years, it really boils down to the results that you experience.

For me, the LifeBuilder protein product has exceeded everything that I could ever have hoped for. So many other people shared with me how they too found so many good reasons for themselves how the LifeBuilder protein had excellent results for them. It really seems to be the "lifebuilder" that they express on their site.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it and see.

After this, there is no return: the notion that you have tried both is absurd: neither are marketed as protein supplements. No one in their right mind would pay the premium for immunocal just for protein. Neither come in flavors, as they aren't consumer products. And Lifestar is way off the radar. Plus you're all vague about the benefits of the protein you use. What was your aim in trying all those products? I've known about Immunocal, but never tried it because I am not sick like that. Be specific. Mostly we care about hair here.

The product you represent may very well be good. Provide a sample.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasStar Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi Gibson,

I surely wish you didm't seem to so angry in your posts, because all I have done is simply share with people my own personal experience and how I feel about the product.

I’m someone who in my earlier years was interested in protein as a muscle builder and sports nutrition booster. However, the more I learned about the potential power of Whey protein with all its unique benefits (Glutathione, CCK. Immune enhancement, cellular regenerstion and such), I looked for the finest I could find, and that’s how I found Immunocal and all the others that have been mentioned. Also, I’ve been taking protein since 1967 – starting with “Joe Weider” and “Bob Hoffman” products and a product that was called “Nuprycol” (not so sure about the spelling)

I want to be healthy for as long as I can, so it matters to me that I can support my body as best I can with good nourishment. I eat healthy “real” foods, but I also believe that supplements have their place in today’s world.

I certainly would (and have) paid the premium for the best I could find. Now, whether I’m in my “right mind’ or not to pay such premium prices (or in my “right mind”just in general), well, my wife and kids might debate that one.

As for Lifestar or any other product being “off the radar”, well, that just doesn’t apply to me. The reach of my “radar” has always been pretty far out there. Also, those folks are selling their proteins (however “marketed” to the consumer) to people who have found out about them and buy them, so I was one of those people too.

I’m not a scientist or anything like that, but I’ve taken my share of protein supplements through the years, so for me, I know if a protein product is making a difference in how I feel, how I can work harder at my job, work longer at most everything, recover from my workouts better, recover from an injury, keep what lean muscle I have on, help keep the fat off, heal better in general and such.

I’m getting a bit older now, so it’s more important than ever that I take good care of myself.

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  TexasStar Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Hello Gibson,

Also, I did a little quick math and I need to make a correction. I mentioned that I have been taking protein supplements for about 25 years, and actually it’s been for 43 years. Yes, time does fly.

I guess I can understand how you may have misinterpreted my passion for the LifeBuilder product and you could get upset with thinking someone might be trying to push their product, but there’s also folks out there that believe in the best that they have experienced, and I’m just simply one of them.

No harm meant, and I sincerely apologize if I offended you. I wish I could afford the samples you speak of, as I’d think you’d really like the specialness of the product too.

TexasStar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:35 am

TexasStar--

I'm not angry and u certainly don't owe me an apology.

Even if you were a marketer, you wouldn't owe me an apology.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:55 am

Switched to a new brand and no longer have even the slightest bowel problems from whey. This brand is just whey, which is claimed to be "undenatured." The other brand had other things added to it, such as L-Glutamine. The consistency of the old brand was sticky; it formed lumps when added to liquid. The new one mixes effortlessly, with just a quick stir. It is the same consistency and taste of the lifestar whey I tried years ago. The brand is Bluebonnet.

http://www.iherb.com/Whey-Protein-Isolate-2-2-lb-1000-g/9476?at=0

In any case, the point is, it wasn't the whey that was screwing with my intestines, but something else in the product.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  gg4545 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:49 am

Bumping an old thread.. Does anyone get scalp itch or inflammation on whey??

gg4545

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:19 am

Nope I take that stuff daily and get so adverse reaction to it.
For me scalp itch and irritation are all about sugar and wheat intake.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Whey and milk Empty social events

Post  bizeso Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 pm

We Provides Facilities to Plan and Create business Event, send Invites,Promote your Events and get Feedback on them when they are over. Also search for Business events Cultural Events, Special Management Events, social events, Global Events etc.
for contact visit event.bizeso.com

bizeso

http://event.bizeso.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down