Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Prague - What Are You Using?

+16
MasterExploder
Malik
scottyc33
Harie
hapyman
Amaranthaceae
hopeful
Crusher
hadrion
CausticSymmetry
lund
zeus
NrwgnKID
Prague
albe
gbp2000
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 Empty Re: Prague - What Are You Using?

Post  lund Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:19 am

well most, if not all, capsules have fillers - read the label...

lund

Back to top Go down

prague - Prague - What Are You Using? - Page 2 Empty Re: Prague - What Are You Using?

Post  hapyman Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:21 am

Should've been more specific. I am using the enteric coated Serrapeptase caps from Doctor's Best internally. The contents are 100% pure serrapeptase.

I was mainly referring to the chewable tablets anyhow. These usually contains other parts of the papaya plant as well as fillers.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:58 am

Makes sense. You are right Doctor's best serrapeptase capsules are fairly unique that there are not much of fillers - but generally, capsules are filled with crap (fillers, binders, stabilizers, etc) including the gelatin caps.

hapyman wrote:Should've been more specific. I am using the enteric coated Serrapeptase caps from Doctor's Best internally. The contents are 100% pure serrapeptase.

I was mainly referring to the chewable tablets anyhow. These usually contains other parts of the papaya plant as well as fillers.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Harie Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:36 am

Does anyone have a link to Papaya seed oil? I can't find anything with prices or quantities that are less than a barrel of the stuff.

Harie

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:06 am

cpio

I know. I was going through some coeliac disease forums and you can find hundreds of people who regrew their hair simply by avoiding gluten. Note that papain has the capacity to dissolve this protein and that gluten intolerance is also strongly linked to thyroid problems which is linked to hairloss

CS posted some study that was saying that people with gluten intolerance (and gluten free diet) experienced almost no AGA

If i would have to say only one thing to do when fighting hairloss - it would be to avoid gluten. Papain seems to be an ideal agent - it dissolves gluten, cross-linked collagen, calcium deposits, fights fibrosis, inflammation, edema, cornea scars and i do not know what anything else

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:22 am

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/latestresearch/a/celiac.htm

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 am

an important fact apart from gluten thyroid connection is gluten estrogen domonance connection, one of the reasons is that gluten blocks zinc absorption

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 am

Title: Relationship between plasma testosterone and
dihydrotestosterone concentrations and male facial hair
growth. Author: Farthing MJ , Mattei AM , Edwards CR ,
Dawson AM Source: Br J Dermatol, 107(5): 559-64 1982
Service Fee: $12.00 ; Copyright Royalties: $19.00

Abstract: Linear facial hair growth and the density of
facial hair were measured by a photographic method and
their relationship to plasma testosterone (T) and
dihydrotestosterone (DHT) concentrations was examined in
twelve healthy men. In addition, we investigated eight
men with coeliac disease in whom we have previously
demonstrated reversible androgen resistance. The
divergence of plasma T (increased) and DHT (decreased)
concentrations in this condition enabled examination of
possible independent actions of these androgens on
facial hair growth. Linear facial hair growth was
significantly reduced in coeliac patients compared with
controls and correlated with plasma DHT but not with
plasma T concentration. Conversely, hair density was
significantly greater in coeliacs than controls and
correlated only with plasma T concentration. These
abnormalities of facial hair growth and hair density
appeared more marked in treated patients receiving a
gluten-free diet. These findings suggest that T and DHT
may have independent roles in the control of male facial
hair growth, i.e. T for hair follicle priming and DHT
for promotion of linear growth. The relationship between
hair growth abnormalities in coeliac disease and
withdrawal of dietary gluten requires further
investigation.

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 am

Zinc absorption in celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis: a test of small intestinal function

RW Crofton, SC Glover, SW Ewen, PJ Aggett, NA Mowat and CF Mills

The increments in plasma zinc concentrations after an oral dose of elemental zinc (50 mg) as the sulphate were used to assess the intestinal absorption of the metal in 11 patients with dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) before starting a gluten-free diet, 12 patients with newly diagnosed celiac disease (CD), 10 patients known to have CD, and 15 healthy volunteers. The areas under the plasma zinc increment curve plotted against time were determined for 3 (AUC3) and 6 (AUC6) h. The AUC3 in healthy volunteers was 401 +/- 48 mumol 1(-1) 3 h (mean +/- SD); it was reduced in newly diagnosed CD 187 +/- 76 mumol 1(-1) 3 h (p less than 0.001), and in dermatitis herpetiformis 206 +/- 87 mumol 1(- 1) 3 h (p less than 0.01); but it was normal in the known CD 396 +/- 204 mumol 1(-1) 3 h, the wide variation reflecting the variable compliance with a previously instituted gluten-free diet. The AUC6 was similarly affected, healthy volunteers 700 +/- 111 mumol 1(-1) 6 h, new CD 380 +/- 169 mumol 1(-1) 6 h (p less than 0.01); dermatitis herpetiformis 471 +/- 107 mumol 1(-1) 6 h (p less than 0.01); known CD 725 +/- 380 mumol 1(-1) 6 h. The AUC3 was more consistently abnormal than conventional tests of small intestinal function. In a prospective study the AUC3 and AUC6 improved and reflected compliance with a gluten- free diet.

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:40 am

Prague can you please post a link to the papain that you add

thank you

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:44 am

hopeful - sorry i bought it in China, no link as far as i know

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 am

Prague can you please post something about the proportions of each thing in the mixture that you make?
Thank You

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Prague - Thanks for these studies on wheat/gluten.

Here's some more:

Scand J Gastroenterol Suppl. 1998;228:122-9.Links
Coeliac disease: always something to discover.
Várkonyi A, Boda M, Endreffy E, Németh I, Timár E.

Dept. of Paediatrics, Albert Szent-Györgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary.

The authors present more than 20 years' experience with coeliac disease, with a summary of their published studies. Hair shaft characteristics were determined by scanning electron microscopy. Hair diameter was significantly lower and cuticular erosion scores higher in those who were not on gluten-free diets as compared to controls, showing a tendency towards normal values following start of gluten-free diets. Proton-induced X-ray emission showed significantly lower zinc content of the hair shaft in the group with acute coeliac disease and after a short-term diet, which approached the normal range only after a year-long diet. The serum prolactin levels in healthy controls and in coeliac patients on the diet were within normal limits, whereas in children with coeliac disease taking gluten in their meals, a significant hyperprolactinaemia was found. The erythrocyte glutathione content of coeliac children was elevated, and the glutathione disulfide level was significantly decreased, as compared to values in normal controls. The erythrocyte glutathione disulfide level and glutathione disulfide/erythrocyte glutathione ratio in coeliac children also differed from those in children with iron deficiency. With genotyping, the DQB1*0201/2 (p < 0.00001) and DR3 (p < 0.00001), DR7 (p < 0.01) alleles showed significant positive association with the disease.

This one here is very interesting, since this shows elevated prolactin with gluten intake.

Monatsschr Kinderheilkd. 1984 Jul;132(7):547-9. [Hyperprolactinemia in children with celiac disease]
[Article in German]

Várkonyi A, Falkay G.

The serum prolactin level was determined serially in patients with coeliac disease during gluten uptake and on gluten free diet, and in one to 14 years old healthy children serving as controls. The prolactin levels in healthy controls and in coeliac patients on diet were within normal limits whereas in children with coeliac disease taking gluten in their meals significant hyperprolactinaema was found.

Br Med J. 1980 July 12; 281(6233): 115.

PMCID: PMC1713562

Reversal of premature hair greying in adult coeliac disease.
L S Hill

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=7427205

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Prague wrote:http://thyroid.about.com/cs/latestresearch/a/celiac.htm

Are they more or less saying that gluten intolerance can "trigger" auto-immune diseases?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Malik Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:10 pm

I checked on several forums a few testimonies of people having reversed their hair loss with a gluten-free diet: in most cases they suffred from alopecia areata and not androgenetic alopecia.

Malik

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterExploder Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:01 am

I've found some papaine powder source: http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/papainpowder.aspx
MasterExploder
MasterExploder

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm

Prague

So just to get it straight, you are using papaya seed oil and then adding some papain powder along with hylaraunic acid.

Also can you please give some rough proportions

Thank You

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  rocco Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:49 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papain

FDA seems to be overly cautious of papain. any thoughts?

"On September 23, 2008, the FDA warned companies to stop marketing topical drug products containing papain by November 4, 2008[4]. The FDA said, "Papain-containing drug products in topical form historically have been marketed without approval..."[5]. According to the FDA's statement on the subject, "These unapproved products have put consumers' health in jeopardy, from reports of permanent vision loss with unapproved balanced salt solutions to a serious drop in blood pressure and increased heart rate from the topical papain products," said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director for the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. In the same FDA announcement, the FDA states the following:
About Unapproved Topical Papain Products: Topical drug ointments containing papain are used to remove dead or contaminated tissue in acute and chronic lesions, such as diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers, varicose ulcers, and traumatic infected wounds. Trade names for these products include Accuzyme, Allanfil, Allanzyme, Ethezyme, Gladase, Kovia, Panafil, Pap Urea, and Ziox. Other products are marketed under the names of the active ingredients, for instance, papain-urea ointment.
The FDA is taking action today against these products because it has received reports of serious adverse events in patients using products containing papain. Reports include hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions that lead to hypotension (low blood pressure) and tachycardia (rapid heart rate). In addition, patients who are allergic to latex can also be allergic to papaya, the source of papain. Therefore, patients with latex sensitivity may be at increased risk of suffering an adverse reaction to a topical papain drug product.
FDA urges consumers who are using topical drug products containing papain, and who have questions or concerns, to contact their health care provider about discontinuing treatment with these products. There are a number of FDA-approved topical products that have been found safe and effective as wound healing agents and that do not contain papain.
"Removing unapproved topical drug products containing papain and unapproved ophthalmic balanced salt solutions is yet another step forward for patient safety," said Deborah M. Autor, director, Office of Compliance for CDER, FDA."

rocco

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 pm

I was just about ready to order everything to get on the "Prague Protocol" until I read that. CS, what is your take on papain with regards to that last post and as well to the various studies that show it to have an adverse affect on hair growth which perhaps permanently damages follicles. These seem to fly in the face of the success Prague is having and that some of his friends apparently have experienced.

Thanks.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:04 am

In my opinion it comes down to who do you trust. The FDA isn't on my list of trustworthy sources but that is just me.

There may be some credence to it if too much papain becomes systemic but I am not sure.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  BaldingYouth Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:08 am

LEF Papain Powder at iHerb: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Papain-Powder-100-g/16399?utm_source=g&utm_medium=x&at=0

Papaya seed oil is alot harder to find, but this is what I got so far: http://www.aromantic.co.uk/product.php?productid=4454&cat=0&page=1

BaldingYouth

Back to top Go down

Post  Malik Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:23 am

Here is where I bought my organic papaya oil. It's also in UK as I couldn't find any in France.

https://anitagrant.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=39&category_id=10&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=41

I also bought the organic sapote oil on that same website after reading that:

"In Santo Domingo, the seed kernel oil is used as a skin ointment and as a hair dressing believed to stop falling hair. In Mexico, 2 or 3 pulverized kernels are combined with 10 oz (300 g) castor oil for application to the hair. In 1970, clinical tests at the University of California at Los Angeles failed to reveal any hair-growth promoting activity but confirmed that the oil of sapote seed is effective in stopping hair-fall caused by seborrheic dermatitis."

I've been using these organic oils for 1 week (I bought the organic papaya oil after Prague mentioned the great resuts he had with it) and they are excellent. I use the sapote oil at night because it makes your hair a bit greasy and the papaya oil in the morning (makes my hair thicker).

Malik

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:48 am

BaldingYouth wrote:LEF Papain Powder at iHerb: http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Papain-Powder-100-g/16399?utm_source=g&utm_medium=x&at=0

Papaya seed oil is alot harder to find, but this is what I got so far: http://www.aromantic.co.uk/product.php?productid=4454&cat=0&page=1

I think that Papain Powder may have other ingredients and fillers.
Check out the link that was posted earlier: http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/papainpowder.aspx
I emailed them and they replied it is "Pure papain powder, Cairca Papaya".

hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post  JJB9050 Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:36 pm

How does papain compare to other enzymes such as serrapeptase and bromelain interally or externally? I wanted to start taking some serrapeptase internally and then add in the other enzymes eventually but would I be better off starting with papain or something else?

JJB9050

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2