Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Topical fin EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Topical fin EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Topical fin EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical fin EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Topical fin EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Topical fin EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Topical fin EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical fin EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Topical fin EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical fin

+2
DBAL
Weser
6 posters

Go down

Topical fin Empty Topical fin

Post  Weser Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 am

I know fin is a big no-no here and I definitely understand why. However, there has been some research that shows topical fin lowering scalp DHT levels with less side effects. That way, it's focused on lowering scalp DHT over serum and systematic dht.

Example
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285733679_Effects_of_a_novel_finasteride_025_topical_solution_on_scalp_and_serum_dihydrotestosterone_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

Thoughts?

Edit: also wanted to add that I've seen incredible pictures of growth from guys on fin, even micro dosing (down to 0.05mg), I imagine that a topical micro dose would be effective without nearly as many sides.

Weser

Back to top Go down

Topical fin Empty Re: Topical fin

Post  DBAL Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:29 am

I tried topical fin for a year and I'm not sure how much effect it had on me. Definitely didnt get any sides. I stopped it recently to trial sandalore and topical zinc (nothing to report there either). Got a few months of 2.5% leftover if anyone is keen to trial topical fin. I got it from the pharmacy in italy via hasson and wong.

DBAL

Back to top Go down

Post  Weser Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:30 am

DBAL wrote:I tried topical fin for a year and I'm not sure how much effect it had on me. Definitely didnt get any sides. I stopped it recently to trial sandalore and topical zinc (nothing to report there either). Got a few months of 2.5% leftover if anyone is keen to trial topical fin. I got it from the pharmacy in italy via hasson and wong.

I remember seeing Hasson's site showing incredible regrowth pics from their fin topical. Do you think it helped maintain, or anything?

Weser

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:43 am

I recommend azelaic acid topical before fin. Great stuff
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Weser Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:13 am

SlowMoe wrote:I recommend azelaic acid topical before fin. Great stuff

What kind of azelaic acid do you buy?

Weser

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:41 am

I can't remember the site I ordered it from, just do a bit of research. I may have gotten mine off amazon... That would be a good place to start, just check out the reviews so youre confident you are getting good stuff..
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  DBAL Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:14 am

Weser wrote:
DBAL wrote:I tried topical fin for a year and I'm not sure how much effect it had on me. Definitely didnt get any sides. I stopped it recently to trial sandalore and topical zinc (nothing to report there either). Got a few months of 2.5% leftover if anyone is keen to trial topical fin. I got it from the pharmacy in italy via hasson and wong.

I remember seeing Hasson's site showing incredible regrowth pics from their fin topical. Do you think it helped maintain, or anything?

Really hard to tell as I started with a low percentage and due to a lack of growth kept upping it. Only tried 2.5% for a few months. I started taking fin internally and switched to Sandalore (nothing to report there either). Perhaps I'm just not a responder to fin as since taking it internally i havent noticed a reduce in itch or shedding.

DBAL

Back to top Go down

Post  Weser Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:29 pm

DBAL wrote:
Weser wrote:

Really hard to tell as I started with a low percentage and due to a lack of growth kept upping it. Only tried 2.5% for a few months. I started taking fin internally and switched to Sandalore (nothing to report there either). Perhaps I'm just not a responder to fin as since taking it internally i havent noticed a reduce in itch or shedding.

Interesting, that might mean your hair loss is from a different reason? Also, it wouldn't hurt to add multiple layers of protection while on fin? Like DT - keeping scalp loose, maybe a few supplements, avoid excessive ejaculation,etc.

I plan on experimenting with homemade fin, along with other therapies, I will post results if any.

Weser

Back to top Go down

Post  1alexie Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:03 pm

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272077438_Topical_minoxidil_fortified_with_finasteride_An_account_of_maintenance_of_hair_density_after_replacing_oral_finasteride

Check out this study, it is relevant to the topic.

1alexie

Back to top Go down

Topical fin Empty Can topical dht blocker cause ed???

Post  young trunks Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:20 pm

Im getting success on the front side of my scalp with microneedling and essential oils. I've been using peppermint essential oils. Howver just tried rosemary today. Anyways would a dht blocker like this as a topical cause any sides with libidio?

I had my share of health problems/sides and hair loss and just dont want to make things worse.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:06 am

young trunks wrote:Im getting success on the front side of my scalp with microneedling and essential oils. I've been using peppermint essential oils. Howver just tried rosemary today. Anyways would a dht blocker like this as a topical cause any sides with libidio?

I had my share of health problems/sides and hair loss and just dont want to make things worse.

Some of that poison will absorb...and there's no point to using finasteride, because some of those essential oils like peppermint are already lowering androgens. It would be overkill.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:34 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Some of that poison will absorb...and there's no point to using finasteride, because some of those essential oils like peppermint are already lowering  androgens. It would be overkill.

Sorry I mean rosemary essential oli used as adht blocker. Would rosemary have an effect on my libidio, if used topically. I have no intentions to even touch fin ever in any way.

young trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:29 am

young trunks wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

Some of that poison will absorb...and there's no point to using finasteride, because some of those essential oils like peppermint are already lowering  androgens. It would be overkill.

Sorry I mean rosemary essential oli used as adht blocker. Would rosemary have an effect on my libidio, if used topically. I have no intentions to even touch fin ever in any way.

Rosemary, nothing negative.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

young trunks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down