Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyToday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Caustic - histamine issue EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Caustic - histamine issue EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Caustic - histamine issue EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Caustic - histamine issue

3 posters

Go down

Caustic - histamine issue Empty Caustic - histamine issue

Post  golder Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Caustic,

Would be extremely appreciative if you (and any others) could share your expert opinion on anything you know of, or have heard about from a reputable source, that helps with high histamine.

I wake up with brain fog and bad sinuses most mornings. This gradually gets better and the mild headache and clouds slowly parts throughout the day. I've spent years of wasted mornings and having to work permanent late shifts as a result of this imbalance.

I've seen you recommend Butterbur/methionine after using the useful search facility in the top right, and I shall be getting them next week. I was wondering if you know of anything else, be it supplemental or lifestyle or otherwise. This one is a real pernicious little critter and erodes my productivity. I'm reticent to go down the gen1 or gen2 antihistamine route as I believe they're anticholinergic, which means I would be wittingly taking the fast train to alzheimers. Besides, I'm always convinced there's a more natural route (with less sides) that will have the same efficacy...hence my plea to you.

Thanks very much in advance. If I could get this one in check I would be unbelievably grateful.

James

golder

Back to top Go down

Caustic - histamine issue Empty Re: Caustic - histamine issue

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:13 pm

There's a lot that can be done. For some it's one of the biggest reasons for their hair loss.

It would require pages and pages to describe all the ways to deal with it. Depends on how much of a role the
Single nucleotide polymorphisms play, AKA SNPs these are rs2052129, rs2268999, rs10156191 and rs1049742 are associated with a reduced DAO (diamine oxidase) activity.

There are natural ways, plus dietary factors which will make a big difference, but I cannot summarize it because it's a bit of a mini novel.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  golder Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:29 am

Bri,

RE the nucleotide polymorphisms, would you recommend taking a DAO enzyme supplement?

When I look back, my worst hair loss episodes feel like they have most definitely been correlated with histamine/bad sinuses/bloating/skin issues/food intolerance.
I'm at a bit of a loss here. If I went to the doctor he would tell me to take acrivastine/loratidine/cetirizine daily, which I don't want to be doing, and I would rather see slower results by playing the long game, but hitting the root cause of this (inflammation?).

Other than diet and lifestyle factors which I do that will help curb inflammation (wheat/gluten/dairy/sugar free diet, mild exercise, your MPB regimen), is there anything in addition to those that you could recommend specifically with regard to the histamine angle? Alternatively, are there any specific blood markers that I could look into getting tested for that would give me a more complete picture?

Extremely grateful, thanks.

golder

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:55 am

I usually stray from this subject, because I've spent hours with people on the phone going over it all. The general issue is that no single person is affected the same. So it takes a bit of research. The reward is worth it once you have it all sorted out. There's a lot of good information.

Some have low DAO activity in the intestine, others have non-DAO reasons for histamine sensitivity.

Some have both.

If it's just DAO activity alone, then a DAO enzyme supplement might be enough.

I've seen something as simple as alcohol destroy hair, because of histamine sensitivities. Or it could from various histamine foods.

Seafood, because of the bacteria they contain can be rich in histamine...the older, the more histamine rich bacteria will be present.

The first thing is to first try eliminating all histamine producing foods.

Then to try various natural anti-histamine supplements. I agree, wouldn't even think of taking those drugs mentioned.

Gut damage is caused from more than just foods, but many drugs alter the microbiome. Vaccines frequently cause perforations, then there's mercury amalgams.

Another factor, and perhaps one of the biggest is the hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis. If the kidneys, thyroid, etc are not in concert, which is also being run by the kidneys, a lot of inflammation will be set off. Certain foods can trigger this.

So, it can get a little complicated.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm

I've had histamine issues for a long time.. definitely hard to keep my sinuses clear for easy nose breathing.

Thing is, I've been taking Cetirizine Hydrochloride for as long as I can remember on a daily basis. It definitely works and I don't notice any side effects. I'm reluctant to get off of it because it helps fend off scalp inflammation very well for me.

Is it that bad that I am continuing to take this anti-histamine? Histamine is one of the big reasons I experience hairloss, and with my anti-histamines, I can say for sure my hair is better maintained as a results. Might have wave less hair if I didn't take them.

Let me know how the natural anti-histamine route goes.

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:31 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:I've had histamine issues for a long time.. definitely hard to keep my sinuses clear for easy nose breathing.

Thing is, I've been taking Cetirizine Hydrochloride for as long as I can remember on a daily basis. It definitely works and I don't notice any side effects. I'm reluctant to get off of it because it helps fend off scalp inflammation very well for me.

Is it that bad that I am continuing to take this anti-histamine? Histamine is one of the big reasons I experience hairloss, and with my anti-histamines, I can say for sure my hair is better maintained as a results. Might have wave less hair if I didn't take them.

Let me know how the natural anti-histamine route goes.

It cannot be summarized, everyone is different.

There are a lot of different ways to tackle the problem, but since we are not exactly the same, the damage or cause can be much different. Eliminating the causes and fixing the gut is a huge part of recovery, so blunting it with a treatment is not the best solution.

Cetirizine and its equivalents are very addictive - Getting off of them could be a few weeks of problems, however if you take high-doses of vitamin C and quercetin will be less severe.

Non-processed salt in warm water will help a lot too.

Bromelain, the enzyme in pineapples helps with some inflammation and to reduce mucous.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down