Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyThu Sep 12, 2024 8:49 am by CausticSymmetry

» Removing contaminants from water
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 7:01 am by CausticSymmetry

» Qwackcine horror show
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:27 am by shaftless

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2024 1:16 am by shaftless

» Association between androgenetic alopecia and periodontitis
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyWed Sep 04, 2024 6:51 am by CausticSymmetry

» Androgen Receptor-Mediated Paracrine Signaling Induces Regression of Blood Vessels in the Dermal Papilla in Androgenetic Alopecia
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptySun Sep 01, 2024 5:17 pm by Atlas

» Whats the deal with colloidal silver?
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyFri Aug 30, 2024 2:33 am by CausticSymmetry

» Aged polystyrene microplastics exacerbate alopecia associated with tight junction injuries and apoptosis via oxidative stress pathway in skin
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyThu Aug 29, 2024 7:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» The AR/miR-221/IGF-1 pathway mediates the pathogenesis of androgenetic alopecia
Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. EmptyFri Aug 23, 2024 6:53 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in.

+11
brandnew
The Liberator
LA-Night
imprisoned-radical
CausticSymmetry
James Martin
hairucoz
Jdp710
Growdamnit
RPM
crincrin
15 posters

Go down

Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. Empty Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in.

Post  crincrin Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:13 pm

How many of you are still here? ar, jdp, hoppipolla? MisterE? imprisoned-radical? And that guy who was doing an immortal hair videocast or something?
How is everyone doing, life-wise and hair-wise?

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. Empty Re: Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in.

Post  RPM Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:18 am

Yeah-Would love to hear from some of the more insightful posters of the past years that have mostly gone missing. With all due respect, it seems like the intellectual level here has declined over the last few years. Always love reading CS's posts, but miss JDP, Action
RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in. Empty Re: Immortal hair vets from '09 to '11 check in.

Post  Growdamnit Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:00 pm

For what it's worth, I've been here for a good while, at least losing my hair for a long time. I don't have much time to post as I have to get to bed, but I truly believe diet and stress management are the absolute most important for hair. Supplements, exercise, and numerous other factors do play a part, but it seems to be that diet and stress management are the imperative parts.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  RPM Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:56 am

RPM wrote:Just wanted to repost this-I accidentally used a character that messed up the html:

Yeah-Would love to hear from some of the more insightful posters of the past years that have mostly gone missing.  With all due respect, it seems like the intellectual level here has declined over the last few years.  Always love reading CS's posts, but miss JDP, Action/React, Nidhogge, MisterE, AS54, DRoddy, Mastery, OMG & many others.  Wish OMG's WHL was still up & running too.  Know some of these guys were banned, but miss their input.    
RPM
RPM

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:41 am

Hi crincrin, RPM and everyone.  I'm still around.  I mostly read and rarely post on internet.  My health and life problems progressively became so bad that it became too much for me.  Just became too hard to type on laptops but I did find using ipad's with ethernet cable while a lot slower to type, did make it possible to still be on the internet.  

Hair wise, I did stop hair loss years ago so my attention became focused on reading and trying to find cures for other ailments.  The cure for hair loss does appear to be not any one single thing for everyone but more a list of 20 or so things to experiment and find what works and what doesn't for them.  I see this all the time in hair forums.  

Best thing I can tell anyone regarding hair loss is if one is having a problem, keep trying different things.  That when one does find something helpful, should see the benefit in how the scalp feels pretty fast.  Just have to go through the checklist of things to try.

Anyhow, I hope everyone is doing fine and wish everyone the best.

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  hairucoz Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello jdp710 ,

Thanks for the reply , can You share please what method worked for you to stop the hair loss ?

Thanks

hairucoz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:22 am

I treat androgenic slopecia like an autoimmune disorder similar to alopecia areata.  Meaning elimation diet should be tried, good topical to fight pathogenic cause, etc..  pretty much everything works to stophair loss but some things work much better than others.  And reason why hair loss is like a roller coaster is due to biofilm.

Immunization and Bacterial Pathogens in the Oropharynx as Risk Factors for Alopecia Areata.

Morales-Sánchez MA, Domínguez-Gómez MA, Jurado-Santa Cruz F, Peralta-Pedrero ML.

Centro Dermatológico Dr. Ladislao de la Pascua, México Distrito Federal, México.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION: Alopecia areata is an autoimmune inflammatory disease affecting the hair follicles. Researchers are currently interested in whether the presence of bacterial pathogens and/or a history of immunization can trigger an autoimmune response in patients who are genetically predisposed. OBJECTIVES: This study aimed to determine whether there is an association between the development of alopecia areata and throat carriage of bacterial pathogens or a history of immunization. MATERIAL AND METHODS: Sixty-five men and women with alopecia areata and 65 control patients with other skin diseases were studied at the Dr Ladislao de la Pascua Dermatology Clinic between September 2008 and February 2009. The patients ranged in age from 18-59 years. Patients with scalp diseases were excluded from the control group. In all cases, the patient was questioned about immunizations received in the previous 6 months, and a throat swab was cultured. RESULTS: A history of immunization (odds ratio [OR], 3.3; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.6-6.7; P=.001), the presence of bacterial pathogens in the oropharynx (OR, 2.6; 95% CI, 1.1-6.2; P=.033), and being a carrier of Streptococcus pyogenes (OR, 2.1; 95% CI, 1.7-2.5; P=.042) were risk factors for alopecia areata. Klebsiella pneumoniae, S. pyogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens and Escherichia coli were isolated from cultures. CONCLUSIONS: This is the first study to show an association between alopecia areata and throat carriage of bacterial pathogens or history of immunization, as risk factors for development of the disease. Given the characteristics of our study population, the association appears valid for patients with less than 25% hair loss and a course of disease under 1 year

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  James Martin Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:57 am

Use herbal products to get rid of hair loss else you will be having a hair Hair transplant, and there is no hair loss saving tips   

James Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 am

James Martin wrote:Use herbal products to get rid of hair loss else you will be having a hair Hair transplant, and there is no hair loss saving tips   

That type of belief system sounds akin to a pharma rep.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation

Primary site under construction: Use link for now:
https://web.archive.org/web/20220330061828/https://www.immortalhair.org/
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:45 pm

crincrin wrote:How many of you are still here? ar, jdp, hoppipolla? MisterE? imprisoned-radical? And that guy who was doing an immortal hair videocast or something?
How is everyone doing, life-wise and hair-wise?

Hi crincrin,

I still visit this site every now and then. Good to hear from you.

Still remember the times when I used to spend hours on this site, reading studies, obsessing over my hairline in the mirror, etc. Those several years when I was depressed about hair loss were definitely a lonely and abysmal period of time. There were lots of late-night walks and many introspective hours spent in libraries and cafes. However in retrospect it was an eye-opening experience with regard to learning more about the underlying health issues. In particular I learned so much from many of the posters here. abc123 is someone whose posts I miss reading.

Hair loss is no longer something that I'm worried about. Although my hair is not optimal due to lifestyle constraints, it's sort of just maintaining.

What pulled me out of the hair loss obsession was getting into weight-training. So, for the younger guys who are reading this, I would recommend that as an outlet that might help you both mentally and physically.

Right now I'm focused on building small businesses and passive income streams so I can achieve some level of financial independence. My current outlook is that in order to optimize health and happiness, I would prefer to have more freedom to do what I want with my time. Time itself seems so much more precious now, considering how the years just seem to be passing one by one.

Like Growdamnit mentioned, I think for me and many other people stress is the major factor. Even with a 100% perfect diet with all kinds of traditional medicines, stress will still gradually mess people up.

How have you been?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Good to see the forum is still up.

The wealth of information makes this one of the net’s hidden gems. It’s not a stretch to say it’s helped many people over the years.

If nostalgia makes us view ‘09 - ‘11 as the forum’s glory years, we can also look forward to the future. These things work in cycles - that invisible ebb & flow. New research. Novel ideas. Heated debates. Followed by a lull. And then again the influx of innovation. And all the while CS soldiers on.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  The Liberator Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:51 pm

I am still lurking here and still on the IH regimen pretty much to a T. I have been on it for about 9 or 10 years now and my hair loss seems to have stopped in its tracks.

However, I always have to put the following disclaimer....I did have a hair transplant and I do use Rogain foam. That being said, my erection is STILL on par with a teenager (I am 44) and like I said, I still have my hair.

I don't plan on stopping the IH regimen anytime soon!

The Liberator

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:48 am

I was here back in the days and I still stop by every now and again. Learnt a lot and really fixed my diet and became super healthy. My hair didnt stop falling though and my scalp itch never went away, and I have tried so many different approaches.

When I was first on here was certainly the healthiest I have ever been and I miss that dedication and discipline. My skin looked amazing and I felt great. Was spending a small fortune on supps though!

Nowadays I'm much more complacent with my diet and have rather thrown in the towel in regards to using natural solutions for my hair. I hopped on topical fin 8 months ago and it has helped a little, mainly with the scalp itch. I use Bee venom and scalp peels which definitely help too. Still looking for the golden ticket that is side free and actually restores hair lost years ago.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:10 pm

What ever happened to nidhogge and dan who made the laser helmets?

Brandnew have you tried a boar bristle brush. Pretty much stopped my itch from day one with brushing twice a day. My hair has never felt better since doing this. Stopped crown loss. Still fighting the vertex loss but has slowed to a crawl. Thought I was going to be bald by now when I started losing 10 years ago before running into these forums.

Still on the main IH regs but have tried some new things recently.

The oil mixture of tea tree, emu, coconut, rosemary, castor, lavender and green tea leaves that some of the others are using seems to make my hair and scalp feel great. Not as much flaky dead skin in applied area. Have only used in the front for about a week.

It all starts with digestion and stress. If you don't repair that its hard for anything else to work. Its very difficult but eliminating diary and most grains helped me tremendously.

The last thing that I have started doing is using the Tesla Brush which has 6 glass prongs on it and kneading my head and massaging. By touching my scalp it feels really hard in some places but was surprised at the "craters" that you can create by applying pressure on a small area. Not sure if its doing anything but feels good and seems to create circulation.

bh1546

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 am

I do have a boar bristle brush and it does help but it's def the mpb itch and it only goes away when I have that under control. I bought a plastic scalp brush for the shower and that's pretty effective too.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Jdp710 wrote:I treat androgenic slopecia like an autoimmune disorder similar to alopecia areata.  Meaning elimation diet should be tried, good topical to fight pathogenic cause, etc..  pretty much everything works to stophair loss but some things work much better than others.  And reason why hair loss is like a roller coaster is due to biofilm.

Immunization and Bacterial Pathogens in the Oropharynx as Risk Factors for Alopecia Areata.

Morales-Sánchez MA, Domínguez-Gómez MA, Jurado-Santa Cruz F, Peralta-Pedrero ML.

Centro Dermatológico Dr. Ladislao de la Pascua, México Distrito Federal, México.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION: Alopecia areata is an autoimmune inflammatory disease affecting the hair follicles. Researchers are currently interested in whether the presence of bacterial pathogens and/or a history of immunization can trigger an autoimmune response in patients who are genetically predisposed. OBJECTIVES: This study aimed to determine whether there is an association between the development of alopecia areata and throat carriage of bacterial pathogens or a history of immunization. MATERIAL AND METHODS: Sixty-five men and women with alopecia areata and 65 control patients with other skin diseases were studied at the Dr Ladislao de la Pascua Dermatology Clinic between September 2008 and February 2009. The patients ranged in age from 18-59 years. Patients with scalp diseases were excluded from the control group. In all cases, the patient was questioned about immunizations received in the previous 6 months, and a throat swab was cultured. RESULTS: A history of immunization (odds ratio [OR], 3.3; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.6-6.7; P=.001), the presence of bacterial pathogens in the oropharynx (OR, 2.6; 95% CI, 1.1-6.2; P=.033), and being a carrier of Streptococcus pyogenes (OR, 2.1; 95% CI, 1.7-2.5; P=.042) were risk factors for alopecia areata. Klebsiella pneumoniae, S. pyogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Serratia marcescens and Escherichia coli were isolated from cultures. CONCLUSIONS: This is the first study to show an association between alopecia areata and throat carriage of bacterial pathogens or history of immunization, as risk factors for development of the disease. Given the characteristics of our study population, the association appears valid for patients with less than 25% hair loss and a course of disease under 1 year

JDP if you're out there what's your top biofilm busters?

I've been using ionic foot baths, near infrared suana, coffee enemas (will probably switch to homemade suppository) preceded by chlorella/zeolite/MCP, using binders pre meals and supping polyphenols some ALA etc.

Using Restore for gut function- it's been great. Not sure what else I can do to address to biofilms. Will grounding while sleeping help?

Edit-also using some antimicrobial tincures such as organic teasol root, red root and many more will need to look at the bottle ingredients. Also some kidney support tincture made from goldenrod, dandelion and other flowers. Also, smoothies with a lot of ginger and fresh squeezed lemon and all the other goodies.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Nice

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 am

I think imma vet not sure lol. Still receding slowly at 33 years old. I do think im reversing the slight patches of gray around my sideburns with beef liver, juicing beets and maybe brewers yeast not sure of which contributes the most prob liver.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdp710 Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 am

NYJets wrote:

JDP if you're out there what's your top biofilm busters?

I've been using ionic foot baths, near infrared suana, coffee enemas (will probably switch to homemade suppository) preceded by chlorella/zeolite/MCP, using binders pre meals and supping polyphenols some ALA etc.

Using Restore for gut function- it's been great. Not sure what else I can do to address to biofilms. Will grounding while sleeping help?

Edit-also using some antimicrobial tincures such as organic teasol root, red root and many more will need to look at the bottle ingredients. Also some kidney support tincture made from goldenrod, dandelion and other flowers. Also, smoothies with a lot of ginger and fresh squeezed lemon and all the other goodies.

For biofilm, you are looking for a topical not internal for hair loss, my experience.  Lots of methods to reduce biofilm.  But easiest is after shampoo, put white vinegar in spray bottle and spray scalp and hair.  Takes couple years of this but if everything else is done adequately to combat hair loss, by 2020 hair loss should be thing of past... my opinion.

Note I use to use grapefruit seed 3xtract many years ago but seems to have been reformulated or maybe just stopped working for me. But have used white vinegar for years and works just as well and still works. 

Sharp bristles on this brush also work well to remove skin cells and dandruff and may be needed for white vinegar to work well.  Others use boar bristle brush but this works better in my experience of 20 years of using this.  https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Massager-Shampoo-Pocket-Grooming/dp/B01K9ZLLXK/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1516388132&sr=8-17&keywords=pocket+combs+for+men

Jdp710

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down