Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men

+9
cdto2012
Xenon
Columbo
MovieJunkie89
VikingJL
Jay07
jahoffman
johndoe1225
Hotspur
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men Empty Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men

Post  Hotspur Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:28 am

Since JD Moyer & Rob @ Perfect Hair Health discussed the benefits of Henry Choy's dubious Detumescence Therapy --Discussed Below -- our community has been locked in discourse on the efficacy of scalp massage.

In January 2016 Rei Ogawa published a study, Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men, that failed to register on the radar of hair-loss forums and bloggers. Would this study lay the debate to rest?

Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men

http://www.eplasty.com/images/PDF/eplasty16e08.pdf

Ogawa's paper outlines scalp massage up and down regulates genes germane to hair-growth. His findings are consistent with testimonies of DT pioneers; Changes in the quality (or thickness) of hair followed by hair-loss.

'The scalp massage area showed a significant increase in hair thickness at 24 weeks compared with the initiation point (0.085 ± 0.003 mm vs 0.092 ± 0.001 mm) and significant decrease in hair count at 12 weeks'

Cynics may cite these findings as evidence scalp massage doesn't work. That's premature. Scalp massage clearly influences hair thickness and further studies are needed to establish if duration, frequency and stretch force may promote hair-growth.

A Word On Detumescence Therapy

I spoke with Choy briefly on the phone. When asked about DT he told me, "I'm sorry. I'm busy on other things now", and hung up. Later I sent an email and offered $100 for a 20 minute Skype call. He didn't respond.

Choy isn't willing to stand behind his results and has turned his back on a lucrative consultancy practice to patients and hair-loss professionals. Common-sense decrees his study was likely flawed and/or over-stated.

So, a word to the wise. If massage has resulted in hair-loss it probably isn't 'shedding'. Step back and wait for the next chapter of research before committing time and hope to a hitherto unproven method.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men Empty Re: Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:41 am

Very interesting, thanks for this, I'll read the full article later.

So basically, if you are willing to put in the time, it's worth it, otherwise possibly counter-productive?

Also, 4 minutes per day?  That's like...Nothing, does it outline their "massage" technique? It says they used a mechanical device, how would one replicate this manually?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men Empty Re: Effect Of Scalp Massage On Human Hair In 9 Healthy Men

Post  Hotspur Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:16 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Very interesting, thanks for this, I'll read the full article later.

So basically, if you are willing to put in the time, it's worth it, otherwise possibly counter-productive?

Also, 4 minutes per day?  That's like...Nothing, does it outline their "massage" technique?  It says they used a mechanical device, how would one replicate this manually?

Hey John. How are you progressing with DT?

I suspect they used the mechanical device to measure stretch force precisely. It's 1 of the problems with the Detumescence debate; Everybody has their own rendition of the technique.

When our 'early pioneers' don't get results, many just try more and harder and often accelerate their hair-loss. I'd favor a conservative approach -- If it isn't working give it up and wait for more research.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:23 am

Hotspur wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Very interesting, thanks for this, I'll read the full article later.

Also, 4 minutes per day?  That's like...Nothing, does it outline their "massage" technique?  It says they used a mechanical device, how would one replicate this manually?

Hey John. How are you progressing with DT?

I suspect they used the mechanical device to measure stretch force precisely. It's 1 of the problems with the Detumescence debate; Everybody has their own rendition of the technique.

When our 'early pioneers' don't get results, many just try more and harder and often accelerate their hair-loss. I'd favor a conservative approach -- If it isn't working give it up and wait for more research.

That's a good point, I haven't even stuck with it for anywhere near 24 weeks though, I should start again after slacking off the last two months to give my scalp a rest.

I suppose my hairloss has either gotten slightly worse or remained more or less the same, and of course it's impossible to say what would have happened without DT lol. I have only dont DT max for maybe 4 months though, which is right around the time where it says it should shed/reduce density, so...That's pretty interesting.

As you say, the technique, that's what's worrying everyone I think!

Looking forward to more of Rei's work soon, I think we'll see more! Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:32 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
That's a good point, I haven't even stuck with it for anywhere near 24 weeks though, I should start again after slacking off the last two months to give my scalp a rest.

I suppose my hairloss has either gotten slightly worse or remained more or less the same, and of course it's impossible to say what would have happened without DT lol.  I have only dont DT max for maybe 4 months though, which is right around the time where it says it should shed/reduce density, so...That's pretty interesting.

You're at the business end of DT? Good man. Whether it's Mechanotherapy, SwissTemples or the host of new treatments we see on the horizon, I'm confident we'll see real breakthroughs in the coming year or two.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:56 am

Hotspur wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

I suppose my hairloss has either gotten slightly worse or remained more or less the same, and of course it's impossible to say what would have happened without DT lol.  I have only dont DT max for maybe 4 months though, which is right around the time where it says it should shed/reduce density, so...That's pretty interesting.

You're at the business end of DT? Good man. Whether it's Mechanotherapy, SwissTemples or the host of new treatments we see on the horizon, I'm confident we'll see real breakthroughs in the coming year or two.

Thanks, I also do Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises, that's kind of another form of mechanotherapy, but more using your muscles, and no hands.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  jahoffman Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:22 pm

They mentioned towards the end of the paper that there's a downregulation of the IL6 gene 72 hours after stretching. Given that it's a pro-inflammatory gene I suppose you wouldn't want it overly stimulated, but -- I read into it a bit and IL-6 activation is necessary for endogenous PGE2 production by the hypothalamus. Wouldn't we want the body producing more PGE2 in response to DT rather than producing less? It seems to me that, besides the temporary hypoxia caused by DT that probably induces some transient hair loss, an overall decrease in PGE2 production might be why people claim that DT is making their hair loss worse. Maybe castor oil and/or fixing the Omega 3-Omega 6 ratio is a necessary adjunct to make DT have any effectiveness at all.

jahoffman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:13 pm

I've been doing DT for two years now, I do believe it changes the quality of hair. I have not had any regrowth, and i would say that my hairline has got slightly worse but still hard to tell.

I cant bring myself to quit DT its just apart of my daily routine, and it makes me feel like I'm at least trying to slow the process...

Jay07

Back to top Go down

Post  VikingJL Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:25 pm

Hotspur wrote:
'The scalp massage area showed a significant increase in hair thickness at 24 weeks compared with the initiation point (0.085 ± 0.003 mm vs 0.092 ± 0.001 mm) and significant decrease in hair count at 12 weeks'

If you read the study, it looks like hair density returns to near normal at the 24 week mark, so really no significant loss in hair density. Hair thickness increased by about 10% from week 0 to 24. Imo, these results actually look more promising than you are letting on, in fact, their main conclusion is "Hair thickness was shown to increase
with standardized scalp massage". I would like to see results from a longer study. It should be noted that the participants used a specific massager (Panasonic EH-HM75) for only 4 minutes a day.

VikingJL

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:53 am

VikingJL wrote:
If you read the study, it looks like hair density returns to near normal at the 24 week mark, so really no significant loss in hair density. Hair thickness increased by about 10% from week 0 to 24. Imo, these results actually look more promising than you are letting on, in fact, their main conclusion is "Hair thickness was shown to increase
with standardized scalp massage". I would like to see results from a longer study. It should be noted that the participants used a specific massager (Panasonic EH-HM75) for only 4 minutes a day.

My appraisal of the study was conservative but optimistic. Your point is well taken though. We need more long-term studies (or pioneers) to learn if frequency and duration result in a significant increase in hair count.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:35 am

"Nine healthy Japanese men aged 25 to 46 (mean ± SD = 34.8 ± ) years participated in
the study. The study subjects showed no obvious hair loss."

So what was the point of this study then? The guys they used weren't suffering from hair loss in the first place.

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:26 pm

That's a valid point Junkie. A sample of men with hair-loss would have been far more telling. Ogawa's team were apparently intent on measuring thickness, growth rate and gene expression in these tests. Hair-loss was noted.

There appear to be no immediate plans for significant follow-up studies. Applying stretch forces may not be smart until further trials are published. Still, we're all curious to know how a long-term commitment to scalp massage fairs.

For the pioneers among you, this is the scalp massage device used in this study -- https://youtu.be/tIayXr70324 . As Viking noted, significant hair-loss was noted at 12 weeks. At 24 weeks some hair was regrowing. Would this continue?

Dr Rei Ogawa: Mechanotherapy for a New Era in Medicine and Possibility of Hair Regenration

https://youtu.be/nnmT3qGb-FI?t=34m10s

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:22 pm

Hotspur wrote:That's a valid point Junkie. A sample of men with hair-loss would have been far more telling. Ogawa's team were apparently intent on measuring thickness, growth rate and gene expression in these tests. Hair-loss was noted.

There appear to be no immediate plans for significant follow-up studies. Applying stretch forces may not be smart until further trials are published. Still, we're all curious to know how a long-term commitment to scalp massage fairs.

For the pioneers among you, this is the scalp massage device used in this study -- https://youtu.be/tIayXr70324 . As Viking noted, significant hair-loss was noted at 12 weeks. At 24 weeks some hair was regrowing. Would this continue?

Dr Rei Ogawa: Mechanotherapy for a New Era in Medicine and Possibility of Hair Regenration

https://youtu.be/nnmT3qGb-FI?t=34m10s

I think it's interesting that hair "thickened" even when there was no hair loss.

But I'm still wondering about the 4 minutes per day, that's nothing.

Also about the stretching force, I'm actually modifying my DT technique to somewhat match cdto's pill bottle technique, except I'm using my knuckes

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:28 pm

I think the fact that hair loss was noted at 12 weeks may explain why some "Lose Ground" while doing DT. I still don't think a manual method alone will be enough for everyone though. I think it would be in your best interest to do a manual method along with some kind of regimen (IH's regimen or maybe even Hairloss-research.org are good examples). If you can't afford those regimens at least go with a manual Method + Magnesium Oil/K2/D3. Just my 2 cents...

This is an interesting read btw http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/anabolic-steroids-peds/hair-loss-dht-steroids-think-again-very-interesting-topic-28623.html

MovieJunkie89

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:18 pm

MovieJunkie89 wrote:I think the fact that hair loss was noted at 12 weeks may explain why some "Lose Ground" while doing DT. I still don't think a manual method alone will be enough for everyone though. I think it would be in your best interest to do a manual method along with some kind of regimen (IH's regimen or maybe even Hairloss-research.org are good examples). If you can't afford those regimens at least go with a manual Method + Magnesium Oil/K2/D3. Just my 2 cents...

This is an interesting read btw http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/anabolic-steroids-peds/hair-loss-dht-steroids-think-again-very-interesting-topic-28623.html

Yeah I'd agree, I think a regimen is greater than the sum of its parts in this case

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:44 pm

the observations at 12 and 24 weeks are fascinating. I'm using LLLT and my progress patterns are strikingly similar...

first few months hair felt thicker / more stubbly (I grade 0 my head, I started feeling stubble on my crown for the first time in a while), but also seemed like I lost some.

nearing the 5-6 month mark I can see hair returning, fine but dark hairs over several spots that were thinning. if these stubble up too, then I should get some excellent cosmetic regrowth (i.e. clearly visible from a distance)

maybe this pattern of strengthening well established hairs / shedding weak hairs initially, followed by regrowth later is the universal pattern for overall successful regrowth?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:02 am

Well, here's something to take into account: some are of the opinion that the muscles beneath the galea are exerting a pull force on the scalp and making it tight, yes? Well, if this was the case, then these constant forces would keep pulling the scalp until it stretched beyond it's usual threshold level and become more pliable. Therefore, what is the point of doing any stretching manuals, when the muscles are, allegedly, already doing this? It's like when a person gains more body fat, the skin naturally stretches as to maintain homeostasis and avoid rupturing from increased adipose padding. In other words you don't need to stretch other areas of tissue to make way for more fat storage, the body naturally increases elastin within the skin. The same would be true of the scalp *if it really was being pulled tightly by the head muscles* OR if the skull began to grow larger.

I've seen countless guys with tiny skulls, yet they're still slick bald, so I very much doubt there is much (if any) hair growth benefit in scalp loosening manuals.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:16 pm

The difference is the constant pulling of the skin reducing blood flow vs a vibration massage or a repeated pressing and release to encourage blood flow. Blood flow was one of the factors theorized about in the study.

I am not a big believer that making the scalp looser is critical to encourage blood flow or regrowth.  I am not sure that my scalp is any looser after a few hundred hours of pressing and grating it with a hard object.  
  I am sure that my blood flow has been increased and that my scalp is much healthier and maybe my skin is firmer in a good way. I am sure I have regrown some hairs to full diameter.
  Stretching via pressing seems to trigger a healing response, and probably as this study shows,  alter the genetic expression in favor of hair growth.
  I would also comment that I have hard pressed all of my remaining hair and grafts for close to 200 hours.  I have seen no  shed, no damage to grafts, and no reduction of pre- existing hairs.  It seems more than safe to me. Guys hard pressing on painful areas do need to make sure they are healing properly and taking a lot of vitamin C seems to assist with this . I would say 1000- 2000 milligrams a day or more.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:00 am

The difference is the constant pulling of the skin reducing blood flow vs a vibration massage or a repeated pressing and release to encourage blood flow. Blood flow was one of the factors theorized about in the study.

I am sure that my blood flow has been increased and that my scalp is much healthier and maybe my skin is firmer in a good way. I am sure I have regrown some hairs to full diameter.

By your own admission, your hair grafts have been growing strongly for sixteen years, so how can blood flow seriously be a factor? If this was the case, then your grafts would have miniaturized long ago along with the original hairs. And you say repeated pressing encourages blood flow, which ultimately leads to hairs becoming terminal? If this was the case, then the repeated pressures from pillow compression, alone, would have caused this to happen, especially throughout the temples. Hell, even wearing tight hats would achieve this, but both lead to crush injury, which results in increased wounding, inflammation and hairloss.

And if blood flow was really the definitive factor, then I'm sure there would be no bald long distance runners or athletes. I've seen slick bald guys who run daily for miles, and lazy couch potatoes with full heads of hair, so how can circulation really be of any significance here?

Stretching via pressing seems to trigger a healing response, and probably as this study shows,  alter the genetic expression in favor of hair growth.

We only have Rei Ogawa's word for that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, within the linked pdf, I see no photographic evidence showing before/after comparisons in hair thickness in any of his 9 test subjects (whom were never bald to begin with). Are we dealing with another Henry Choy here? I'll let the jury decide.

I would also comment that I have hard pressed all of my remaining hair and grafts for close to 200 hours.  I have seen no  shed, no damage to grafts, and no reduction of pre- existing hairs. It seems more than safe to me. Guys hard pressing on painful areas do need to make sure they are healing properly and taking a lot of vitamin C seems to assist with this .  I would say 1000- 2000 milligrams a day or more.

1. The grafted hair is not genetically susceptible to miniaturization after wounding. The MPB gene causes native galea follicles to become highly immunoreactive, and experience a following downgrade in progenitor cells, and does so in a predictable pattern. If wounding really did cause hairs to go terminal, then judging by the amount of inflammation our follicles have been subject to, over the years, then we should have the thickest terminals imaginable. Again, not the case.

2. The pre-existing hairs never experienced a shed? Interesting how almost every other person doing this reports the opposite? Oh, I forgot - the shed is only temporary, right?

Oh and BTW: Effect of scalp massage on human hair in 9 healthy men
Nine healthy Japanese men aged 25 to 46 (mean ± SD = 34.8 ± Cool years participated in
the study. The study subjects showed no obvious hair loss. In the study, they received scalp
massage using a scalp massage device, Panasonic EH-HM75 (Panasonic, Osaka, Japan),

LOL fart loudly about the potential regrowth benefits of some, otherwise, useless massaging device, then all the idiots are fighting for first place in the queue. I wonder how long before some shill comes in and has the nerve to start selling empty pill bottles? They pulled that shit with magical hair growth rocks, so why not?

P.S. Hotspur, you've been licking Rei Ogawa's ass since you arrived here, even though his study was conducive to nothing, then you start plugging the very massage device in the "study".

You fucking little shill you LOL

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:36 am

BTW no wonder Ogawa doesn't want to repeat the test with any bald subjects because he knows that stupid massaging device wont do shit. By making out it increased hair thickness in non-bald subjects, it leads bald men to wonder if it might have some benefit for them, too, so they feel inclined into purchasing it (especially when shills start endorsing it and fill it with promise). Yet, if they knew that it did nothing for any bald participants in the study, then they'd have zero interest in any of it. Not good for business.

So, it's basically win/win for Ogawa. When bald men buy, and start using one of these massage machines, realize it doesn't work, then start whining about it, Ogawa can simply claim, 'I never said it did work. I tried it out on men who had no obvious hairloss. It was you who reached such a conclusion'. Thus his "credibility" is untarnished.

Fucking scam artists are like the mythical Hydra... cut one head off, they quickly regrow another.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Xenon wrote:The difference is the constant pulling of the skin reducing blood flow vs a vibration massage or a repeated pressing and release to encourage blood flow. Blood flow was one of the factors theorized about in the study.

By your own admission, your hair grafts have been growing strongly for sixteen years, so how can blood flow seriously be a factor? If this was the case, then your grafts would have miniaturized long ago along with the original hairs. And you say repeated pressing encourages blood flow, which ultimately leads to hairs becoming terminal? If this was the case, then the repeated pressures from pillow compression, alone, would have caused this to happen, especially throughout the temples. Hell, even wearing tight hats would achieve this, but both lead to crush injury, which results in increased wounding, inflammation and hairloss.

And if blood flow was really the definitive factor, then I'm sure there would be no bald long distance runners or athletes. I've seen slick bald guys who run daily for miles, and lazy couch potatoes with full heads of hair, so how can circulation really be of any significance here?

We only have Rei Ogawa's word for that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, within the linked pdf, I see no photographic evidence showing before/after comparisons in hair thickness in any of his 9 test subjects (whom were never bald to begin with). Are we dealing with another Henry Choy here? I'll let the jury decide.

I would also comment that I have hard pressed all of my remaining hair and grafts for close to 200 hours.  I have seen no  shed, no damage to grafts, and no reduction of pre- existing hairs. It seems more than safe to me. Guys hard pressing on painful areas do need to make sure they are healing properly and taking a lot of vitamin C seems to assist with this .  I would say 1000- 2000 milligrams a day or more.

1. The grafted hair is not genetically susceptible to miniaturization after wounding. The MPB gene causes native galea follicles to become highly immunoreactive, and experience a following downgrade in progenitor cells, and does so in a predictable pattern. If wounding really did cause hairs to go terminal, then judging by the amount of inflammation our follicles have been subject to, over the years, then we should have the thickest terminals imaginable. Again, not the case.

2. The pre-existing hairs never experienced a shed? Interesting how almost every other person doing this reports the opposite? Oh, I forgot - the shed is only temporary, right?

Hi,  regarding blood flow.
1.  The grafts come from a tissue area that is also not falling out.  Either the tiny vessels in that donor area were never blocked by calcification and plaque, or perhaps they are genetically resistant.
2. Pillow and hat pressure are very minor compared to the intense pressure I do with a metal object. This has not crushed any grafts, and fortunately we have real and many photos to compare, not just my opinion about if there is and real hair regrowth from pressing.
3 As for athletes and blood flow,  part of my theory and treatment with DT-CPR is that the vessels in the balding area are partly clogged. The pressing removes these blockages and encourages blood flow.

For the idea that the pressure causes regenerative effects. There are more studies and links in my DT-CPR post, but basically the platelet rich blood response brings in regenerative stem cells and enhances the capillary network. Also the study of this thread shows that stretching improves genetic expression for health thicker hair.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11684-the-effect-of-platelet-rich-plasma-in-hair-regrowth-a-randomized-placebo-controlled-trial?highlight=platelet+rich

DT-CPR  links and photos - I also have hundreds to close up's on my computer, there is plenty of regrow to see.
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11746-regrowth-photos-dt-cpr-method

Regarding shed,  I just do not have the density of hair that a healthy head of hair would have.  Perhaps I would have shed noticeably if I had a lot of hair.

"  If wounding really did cause hairs to go terminal, then judging by the amount of inflammation our follicles have been subject to, over the years, then we should have the thickest terminals imaginable. Again, not the case."

Immune irritation, swelling, reduced blood supply, parasite/ bacterial reactions, and inflammation are not the same as 15+ pounds of pressing pressure applied intermittently. Like I said, a constant restrictive  stress reducing blood flow is not the same as a pressing massage that bulges the veins and flexes the capillaries to clean them out.

from you bio
" I'm a bald troll, a virgin, a bullying victim, and my life sucks. But, to my credit, I'm a paranoid, chest thumping, forum celebrity."

In text form on a forum it is hard to tell when people are just negative jerks, or if they are just enjoying the liberties of a forum to colorfully share productive ideas. There is enough confusion in this world, just be considerate and clear.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:43 am

Hey cd

You use a metal object now? Not the pill bottle? I'm still easing myself into your pill bottle method.

Hope it's going well

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:40 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey cd

You use a metal object now?  Not the pill bottle?  I'm still easing myself into your pill bottle method.

Hope it's going well

Hi JohnDoe,
 Yes I have been using an object that looks like a thick metal cup for a few months now. There is a picture of it on one of the threads. Basically I still recommend the vitamin bottle for new people with pain.  The hard metal object is for later when you want to get more pressing done in less time. The pill bottle flexes a bit.  With the metal object I am mostly going for blood flow, as most of the substances that cause the sharp pain are gone.  I have cut my time to 3 time daily about 15 minutes each time.
  I still recommend beginners to try for the 20- 30 minute sessions 3 times a day.  If this is too much just press until the veins bulge a few times a day,  this will at least start the process.
  As for progress, I think the next set of photos should be interesting,  the upper temple hairs are getting longer and thicker  quickly and there are a lot of them.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:58 am

cdto2012 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Hey cd

You use a metal object now?  Not the pill bottle?  I'm still easing myself into your pill bottle method.

Hope it's going well

Hi JohnDoe,
 Yes I have been using an object that looks like a thick metal cup for a few months now. There is a picture of it  on one of the threads. Basically I still recommend the vitamin bottle for new people with pain.  The hard metal object is for later when you want to get more pressing done in less time. The pill bottle flexes a bit.  With the metal object I am mostly going for blood flow, as most of the substances that cause the sharp pain are gone.  I have cut my time to 3 time daily about 15 minutes each time.
  I still recommend beginners to try for the 20- 30 minute sessions 3 times a day.  If this is too much just press until the veins bulge a few times a day,  this will at least start the process.
  As for progress, I think the next set of photos should be interesting,  the upper temple hairs are getting longer and thicker  quickly and there are a lot of them.

Ok thanks, glad to hear it, good luck, looking forward to updates!

EDIT: The bottle method is very interesting, I can feel big dents in my scalp after a session, it's really impressive. I might just take the pill bottle to my next doctor appointment and show him, the dents appear right away and seem to stay for awhile so it shouldn't be hard.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Xenon should be banned from this forum. Let's get this thread back on track.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next