Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions

+5
iuyyighghghgkh
Columbo
rofl
Jrli80
MikeGore
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions Empty OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions

Post  MikeGore Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Okay,

I was considering buying a helmet from OMG but there seem like no way to contact him and clear out a few questions.

Like,

1- Why should I buy an OMG helmet and not a Theradome?
2- Is an 80 diode OMG helmet equilavent to Theradome in every way? Better or worse?
3- How much would it cost me?
4- Theradome provides warranty, what does OMG provide?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions Empty Re: OverMachoGrande Helmet Questions

Post  MikeGore Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:36 pm

Okay his website is running again. It was down.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrli80 Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:19 am

I have a 2 Helmets I purchased off of him. The 1st Gen one Dan (Nid) built for me I would consider selling if you're interested. No point in keeping the two of them.

Jrli80

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:11 am

Oh my God, is it this mess?! http://www.overmachogrande.com/graphics/burn-area-banner.jpg

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrli80 Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:54 am

Its the version before that one. It's slightly smaller. It has 200 Diodes and still works like new. If by "mess" you mean all those exposed diode wires on top, then yes.

Its a far superior product than any of the mass produced options.

Jrli80

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:21 am

Still a lot of my question haven't been answered. What makes this helmet superior to the other ones? Is it the number of diodes or the type of laser being used or something.

Because there are helmets with a lot of diodes being sold, such as LaserCap 224 diodes. If money wasn't an issue, how would OMG be better?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:23 pm

i think your missing the point.  10 years ago or watever when he started the only option was a lasercomb with 9 diodes, or a $40 000 pro unit with 100 diodes.  he gave everyone the instructions on how to build something as powerful for little money.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:13 am

The volume of diodes may be important; OMG lets you specify up to 500 per helmet (I have 400, don't think I'd want any more as quite heavy)

The wavelength of the diodes are important; most helmets have this down correctly, but some don't

The wattage is important; quite a few helmets are under powered which will reduce the needed efficiency of the diodes

Diffused diodes to properly spread the light; some don't and are too focused which could minimise results

Cost, OMG's helmet easily the best value on per diode cost

Of course, if you're wearing it down the pub -- which from the sounds of it seems like you might be Laughing -- you're gonna look a dick. Seriously... who cares what it looks like?

Basically, all the boxes checked. Was no brainer for me. Whether it works or not, I dunno. I'm only two months in with use on mine.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:14 pm

Thanks for those replies.

Thanks for clearing those up. I understand that OMG provides information on building your own laser helmet and is a gold mine of information for doing this, but still, I think there are those of us that see this as a daunting task that may even yield unsafe, or not so good device but functioning nevertheless (not due to lack of instruction but imperfection in implementation).

Having said that, I understand now we can buy from him without worrying about building it and that the new one even is nicer.

I know that what it looks like doesn't matter, which is why I'm asking about the laser diodes themselves.

The thing is, my thinning is in the front and vertex crown area. If we still have plenty of hair is 400 diodes still necessary.

I guess it all comes down now to the price. I've email OMG but got auto-response that he is on vacation. How much would 400 diode helmet cost anyways?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:39 pm

400 diode helmet set me back $1.4k

(btw. I also tested the OMG helmet for EMFs... obviously pumping EMFs into your noggin not a great idea, but the helmet itself reads virtually 0 on the meter. The power unit goes off the scale though, so I'd position that at least a couple of feet away from you)
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrli80 Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:30 am

I have the 1st edition OGM helmet with 200 diodes I would be willing to part with for $300. Still works great. If anyone is interested PM me.

Jrli80

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:54 am

Jrli80, why do you want to sell it? Did it not work for you? No offense, but I am extremely skeptical when people want to sell products that they have. It means that the helmet didn't give impressive results. I'm kinda tired of using things where one needs to look with microscopic scrutiny analyzing the scalp, as if almost trying to decipher if any regrowth or restoration has occurred or not. And with expensive things like laser helmets, if this is the case, the hype is ridiculous.

I'm trying to compare diodes and price at the moment. Suprisingly its not easy to find a simple table format online for making a comparison.

So far I have found these:

LaserCap: £1980, 224 diodes, 1120mw [5mw × 224], 650nm
Theradome: £650, 80 diodes, 320mw [4mw x 80], 678nm
OMG:?
Capillus:

I'm still a bit confused about Capillus and Lasercap. They seem to be like different brands but then it looks like they are the same product. But Capillus has 80 and 272 diode products whereas Lasercap has 224 diode product.

As for the wavelength can someone please tell me if high (e.g 650nm, 678nm) values or better or worse, and how much difference it has on effectiveness.

Also, in the past I used the laser helmet daily. I'm worried could I have worsened my hair by doing that? Since they say the amount of laser is important since lasers are also used to remove hair.

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrli80 Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:50 am

I would be willing to sell it because I have two of them. Yes, I was very happy and impressed with the results, thats why I spent almost 1,000 on another one.

Jrli80

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:24 am

Read the thread on methylene blue

perhaps use both

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Last year I had been in touch with OMG, he replied to my emails and was telling me he was creating a side device to treat the grey hair around the ears. I've tried to contact him a few times this year but no results.
On another website someone told me he'd build me a side device plus a device for the scalp, but I haven't heard anything from that person either. I'm the least technical person in the world, so I cannot make it myself, I could only do lots of harm, but I don't want to wait and depend on people's promises. PS I live in Europe.

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:16 am

For anyone interested in purchasing a new OMG helmet, Dan of OrthoNutrition (nidhogge on this forum) buys all the parts and builds them for you for an additional fee of $200. He lays out all your options and how much each part costs. He's built quite a few for those in this community (currently building mine now).

He can be reached at sales@ortho-nutrition.com

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:30 am

Thank you so much. Do you have any idea how long it takes before it's built and if he ships to Europe?
OMG talked about a device to treat the sides, could that be made as well ( maybe as a hand device or something else)?

Thanks again.

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:37 am

OMG recently experienced a family tragedy, so he was a bit behind--a bit blindsided from the event. Normally he spends about 20 hours a week answer questions and emails..I spoke to him just a few days ago and he has returned to form.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:15 am

I'm so sorry to hear about OMG. There are people in Europe claiming to mimick OMG but with better designs ( no wires visiblebut no better price at all). I have no references there, so it would be a bit tricky. You could as well buy a cat in a bag.

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:50 am

You can use methylene blue instead of laser therapy (100 times cheaper)

in theory

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 am

In theory, that's always a bit tricky. Does anyone know if OMG still has the same email address?

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:02 pm

Try omg@overmachogrande.com

If that doesn't work, I'll find an alternative.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
I suppose it's normal that email having been sent a few months ago won't get answered anymore given the circumstances?

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  OverMachoGrande Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:15 am

Hey, Djenner --man, it was hard getting in to the forum to post this!  Wow, I couldn't get my account activated, etc!  [Thanks for fixing it, CS.]

I've been working through my email for the past few days, and I've actually answered all the way up to emails sent to me yesterday afternoon.  So, if I didn't get back to you already, then I either missed it, it went to my spam, or something like that.  

UNFORTUNATELY... my email client is currently "eating" some of my email, but it hasn't affected anything that was still in the inboxes, though.  I don't think that's what happened here.  It's ridiculous. though... I've saved every email I've ever gotten since 2008, and I installed an update for my email client a couple of days ago and it's currently wiping out thousands of them --and duplicating thousands of them, too, which is arguably the harder problem to fix!  Anyway, it seems to only be doing this to my "deep storage", but I'm going to have to spend way more time than necessary fixing/restoring.  Don't let that stop you from sending me an email, though --I'm just venting.  I'll have that taken care of one way or another by tomorrow afternoon, and like I said, new email doesn't seem to be a problem.

omg@overmachogrande.com is the best way to get in touch with me.  I'll have an auto-reply on for at least until the end of the day, so just ignore that.  You don't have to reply to me here because as most of you know, I stay away from forums these days.  I will say that CS and I are going to make a quick video in a couple of weeks just to show that we are alive and well, and we still do have some bigger sites coming.  Might still be a few more months (just because of all these delays I've had), but let me get through these next couple of weeks while I catch up, and hopefully I can work hard on them!

Anyway, I'll go ahead and tell people what happened most recently -I personally hate it when you find out something happened to someone, but everything is cryptic.  I think one week a few years ago, half of my facebook feed had people saying cryptic things about something that happened to them appeared to be terrible -but I had no clue what it was!

Things were pretty tough --my wife was pregnant with our third child, but a car wrecked into her car and she had a miscarriage because of the wreck.  Obviously, we were devastated.  I needed to take some time away from the business.  She's doing ok physically, but it's unfortunately not "over" quickly -there are weeks of pain, discharge, etc. that makes it so you can't MENTALLY get over it quickly, either.  Anyway, I won't go into that any more, but she's ok, I'm ok, and I'm back to the business building THE BEST laser helmet in the world, hands down.

-John (O.M.G.)
OverMachoGrande
OverMachoGrande

http://www.overmachogrande.com

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:35 am

I sent an email

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content