Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy.

+4
johndoe1225
halfempty
Columbo
CausticSymmetry
8 posters

Go down

Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. Empty Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:40 am

Indian J Dermatol. 2015 May-Jun;60(3):260-3. doi: 10.4103/0019-5154.156361.
Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy.

Introduction:

In The efficacy of conventional therapy viz. finasteride and minoxidil in androgenetic alopecia (AGA) that is based on both preventinghair loss and promoting new hair growth, varies between 30% and 60%. This has led to a large number of patients unsatisfied who demand for a better cosmetic coverage over the scalp. Microneedling has recently been reported to be promising, effective and a safe treatment modality in the treatment of AGA. This augments the response of conventional therapy.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:

Four men with AGA were on finasteride and 5% minoxidil solution since 2 to 5 years. Though there was no worsening in their respective AGA stages with the therapy, they showed no new hair growth. They were subjected to microneedling procedure over a period of 6 months along with their ongoing therapy. Patients were assessed with the use of the standardized 7-point evaluation scale and patients' subjectivehair growth assessment scale. The patients were followed up for 18 months post microneedling procedure to assess the sustainability of the response.

RESULTS:

All patients showed a response of + 2 to + 3 on standardized 7-point evaluation scale. The response in the form of new hair growthstarted after 8-10 sessions. The patients' satisfaction was more than 75% in three patients and more 50% in one patient, on patients' subjective hairgrowth assessment scale. The obtained results were sustained post procedure during 18 months follow-up period.

CONCLUSION:

Treatment with microneedling showed an accelerated response with addition of microneedling procedure leading to significant scalp density. This is the first case series to report the boosting effect of microneedling with respect to new hair follicle stimulation in patients with androgenetic alopecia who were poor responders to conventional therapy.

Full Study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458936/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. Empty Re: Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy.

Post  Columbo Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Would love to see some studies with the min/fin to see if it's a key ingredient here

And if it is a key ingredient how could we mimic their effects, naturally?
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy. Empty Re: Response to Microneedling Treatment in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia Who Failed to Respond to Conventional Therapy.

Post  halfempty Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:15 am

I'd like to see some follow up research with a larger sample size.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:47 am

Just to be clear (I never read up on Dermarolling), this isn't Dermarolling is it?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Just to be clear (I never read up on Dermarolling), this isn't Dermarolling is it?

I Googled microneedling and Dermarolling does fall under the category of microneedling, but I'd be inclined to think it was probably done with a Dermapen.

Anyone one who's thought about getting a Dermapen might want to check out the Derminator as well.  I've had Dermapen treatments on the face at a spa with the professional model, which is quite expensive to purchase.  If I were to buy one for use at home I'm pretty sure I'd go with the Derminator.

Last edited by CF on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 am

Columbo wrote:Would love to see some studies with the min/fin to see if it's a key ingredient here

I would also like to know this...
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenBook Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:33 pm

TheDivineMarquis wrote:
Columbo wrote:Would love to see some studies with the min/fin to see if it's a key ingredient here

I would also like to know this...

+1

OpenBook

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Generally there's two reasons for "failure" and/or refractory for orthodox (poisonous treatments).

#1 Androgen block/inhibition will not respond if IGF-1 is insufficient.

#2 concerning minoxidil, it is sulfur dependent and those lacking sulfur will not respond.

However, that said there are better ways to mitigate this process (to correct the underlying issues), which ultimately will improve whatever treatment is used.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:16 am

I know it is an old topic but I didn't want to create a new one for that. I bought a derma roller(1mm) and I'm gonna try it(done 3 sessions already). This seems like one of the cheaper and short term solutions out there.
I'm wondering how frequently it is safe to derma roll? I googled it and the results come up say once a month but they are usually for skin care. Some people do derma roll every day or a couple of days a week or longer intervals. Is there like a industry standart here ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down