Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Skull Expansion Issues EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Skull Expansion Issues EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Skull Expansion Issues EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Skull Expansion Issues

+5
NW0
bobthebuilder
herbalman
iuyyighghghgkh
youngn
9 posters

Go down

Skull Expansion Issues Empty Skull Expansion Issues

Post  youngn Thu May 07, 2015 2:18 am

I have been researching hair loss for 15+ years off and on and the skull expansion theory is the best hypothesis I have seen about why hair loss occurs. It explains inflammation, androgens, and calcification. I didn't write this to start any debate about it, but rather I am looking for some ideas about fixing skull bone calcification. I have noticed over the years that my frontal, sagittal suture, and posterior fontanelle have grown significantly. This is extremely obvious from a sideview and my posterior fontanelle is the worst (and where my hair loss started). Does anyone know of a way to shrink these? Maybe induce osteoclasts locally by electrical or chemical means? Right now I am starting topical DMSO, and MSM to see if it helps. I am not sure if detumescence therapy can reshape your bone structure or not, though the study seems to point in that direction. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Skull Expansion Issues Empty Re: Skull Expansion Issues

Post  youngn Thu May 07, 2015 3:08 am

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=256508 How has such a simple thing not been researched more. Surely there's people who work with cadavers extensively.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 am

I don't in skull expansion

Last edited by iuyyighghghgkh on Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 07, 2015 6:17 am

yes

I no longer believe the calcification theory

and I wrote extensively about it in the past

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Thu May 07, 2015 6:59 am

I don't really want a debate about it but I guess I'll bite. Why don't you believe it? I can't find your post.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 07, 2015 7:03 am

I simply don't believe blobs of calcium in the skin cause hair to not grow anf block hair growing

it's an unscientific, kind of nonsensical approach to hair loss that I would have tried years ago
(I have tried everything including MSM and dmso, see my signature)

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  herbalman Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 am

I don't believe in calcification either, but the skull bones the occipital and Parietal bones have been medically proven to have out growth in some individuals with baldness... I believe the only way to combat this is through keeping the scalp as loose as possible through massage .. Then something needs to be done to actually stimulate the hair to grow again.. I guess that's the tricky part

herbalman

Back to top Go down

Post  herbalman Thu May 07, 2015 7:22 am

I personally believe the calcification theory was Mistaken for the actual bone growth that grew up words into the scalp... But yes no globs of calcium are underneath the scalp, or globs of Sebum either. ..

herbalman

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 am

iuyyighghghgkh,

Did you read the article I posted? Along with that, calcification in the balding scalp has been shown in other studies as well. I think its indisputable that calcification is happening. I have seen a study showing it with pictures as well. Obviously choking the blood supply to an organ can put it into apoptosis. Every form of hair growth product can double as a bone/calcium reducer.

Minoxidil - "The decrease of the calcium influx induces in its turn smooth muscle relaxation and decrease of insulin secretion."
Anti-Androgen - It's common knowledge that androgens cause bone growth. There are also androgen receptors on osteoblast cells.
Inflammation - Immune suppression causes hair growth. Inflammation is one of the first steps in bone growth.
Glucocorticoids - Known to give hair growth (see the SABA gel information), and is also causes bone resorption.
Visible - You can just look at pictures and see where bald peoples skull has expanded. I am a NW6 and I know mine has changed significantly in my 20's.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Thu May 07, 2015 12:18 pm

youngn wrote:I have been researching hair loss for 15+ years off and on and the skull expansion theory is the best hypothesis I have seen about why hair loss occurs. It explains inflammation, androgens, and calcification. I didn't write this to start any debate about it, but rather I am looking for some ideas about fixing skull bone calcification. I have noticed over the years that my frontal, sagittal suture, and posterior fontanelle have grown significantly. This is extremely obvious from a sideview and my posterior fontanelle is the worst (and where my hair loss started). Does anyone know of a way to shrink these? Maybe induce osteoclasts locally by electrical or chemical means? Right now I am starting topical DMSO, and MSM to see if it helps. I am not sure if detumescence therapy can reshape your bone structure or not, though the study seems to point in that direction. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks.

Please be careful with tropical DMSO, I had some bad results, I found it caused skin hardening and lost some hair over it, totally opposite of what DMSO is used for.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  herbalman Thu May 07, 2015 4:10 pm

@youngn...I think you're right on, with when bone grows, it stretches the skin causing inflammation, hence prostaglandin d2.... It's stressful for the skin to stretch and get tightened, with reduced blood to the top of the scalp around the Galea..

herbalman

Back to top Go down

Post  herbalman Thu May 07, 2015 4:12 pm

but let's remember there's nothing we can do to decrease bone growth unless we decrease stress... And maybe the bone will go back into place or something I don't know but compressing it is not the answer... Although if it wasn't for Paul Taylor we wouldn't even know about skull expansion and... But massage on the sides of the head just like the millenia method, is the only thing we can do to keep the scalp loose or the muscles on the sides of the head loose which full Galia down

herbalman

Back to top Go down

Post  herbalman Thu May 07, 2015 4:13 pm

which Pull the GalEa excuse me

herbalman

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Fri May 08, 2015 6:59 am

herbalman wrote:I don't believe in calcification either, but the skull bones the occipital and Parietal bones have been medically proven to have out growth in some individuals with baldness... I believe the only way to combat this is through keeping the scalp as loose as possible through massage .. Then something needs to be done to actually stimulate the hair to grow again.. I guess that's the tricky part
Keyword: Some.
That would mean nothing. What's up with the slick bald people with perfect skulls such as Floyd Mayweather? it's either the cause or it isnt.

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Franklin' Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 am

If we accept the skull expansion theory, where do stuff like scalp exercises (http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my_approach.htm; contracting frontalis and occipitalis muscles in order to increase blood flow to the scalp) fit in? Can it be helpful or harmful?

Franklin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephanto Sat May 09, 2015 8:01 am

The saba stuff looks really good. Bone resorption is definitely where it's at. Is there anything else that can cause it?

Elephanto

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Sat May 09, 2015 3:21 pm

I dont know why my 2nd post link changed but its invalid now. This is what I originally linked to: http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=256511
I then had occasion to remove the brains of about 80 cadavers for separate use in the neurology classes and incidentally noted a seemingly obvious relation between the blood (vessel) supply to the scalp and the quantity of hair. Baldness occurred in persons in whom calcification of the skull bones apparently had not only firmly knitted the cranial sutures but also closed or narrowed various small foramens through which blood vessels pass, most prominently in persons with a luxuriant crop of hair. These blood vessels are mainly veins which normally communicate with the diploic veins in the spongy tissue of the skull bones but which are evidently pinched off by calcification of the foramens. Various stages of this process of impairing the blood circulation of the scalp could be observed...

That is a substantial finding if its true. It would be easy to validate for anyone who has access to cadavers. But I guess no one really goes digging into that sort of thing. I am starting to think that the calcification that happens when the bones expands reaches into the veins and follicle. Every single known hair growth product I have looked into has some link to calcium. Think about it, biotin, silica, minoxidil. Inhibiting BMP (bone morphogenetic proteins) with noggin is proven to grow hair as well. How do we break up all of the calcification??

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Sat May 09, 2015 3:33 pm

http://www.innerbody.com/image_skel02/skel109_new_skull_above.html
Is it possible that blood vessels come THROUGH the sutures and as we age the sutures get tighter and choke off the blood vessels? DHT would still be involved and accelerate this process.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephanto Sun May 10, 2015 4:16 am

We know about this since 2009, my man. Skull expansion is really happening and calcification is the result when blood flow is restricted. I don't think you need to put minox and other dangerous stuff in your head, apple cider vinegar and DT will get rid of calcification in my opinion. Blocking 5-a reductase is not something you want to do as they are important in many processes, for instance lack of dht is linked to parkinson's disease. It's more about free androgens, and free igf-1, that you want binded to shbg and igfbp-3 respectively. Possibly limiting mtor too, as it is linked to bone growth. So once you got all those covered, it prevents more bone growth/hair loss but there's still your bone there restricting blood flow. Which is the very interesting point you've made in this thread, bone resorption. This is the first/last step to take care of. First, as in, it is the limiting factor to regrow a perfect hairline. Last, as in, when there's so much calcification in the scalp, you will not see any results from bone resorption.

In your case, a nw6, definitely focus on bone resorption first because there is probably so much bone growth that the calcification in the scalp is not affecting the blood vessels, the actual bones are. as your skull reduces, you will be able to take care of calcification.

Elephanto

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Sun May 10, 2015 5:29 am

Elephanto,

Great info. I completely agree with the IGF thing. My hair loss started at around 17 years old. I also had bad back acne at the time and have continued to have some into my 30's. I remember going to the dermatologist for acne and them saying it had nothing to do with diet. At the time I was drinking TONS of milk. In retrospect I am sure that this spiked my androgen/IGF levels and was making my skull grow/calcify. Recently I have cut ALL dairy except grass fed butter out of my diet and have had almost no acne on my back whatsoever. I think that I may have to use SOME natural means to block 5aR until I get my calcification in order. I have been doing this for a few weeks using Astaxanthin, quitting dairy, and now I'm going to use 1/4 dose of a natural prostate support supplement. I know 5aR reduction won't regrow my hair but I need to calm it for the time being.

Last night I read a post by element46 in the Detumescence therapy thread about the perceived bone on your skull actually not being bone. I ended up taking something hard and push/holding it into the "bone" covering my posterior fontanelle. The boney structure actually held the impression for almost a minute after I let go. What the hell is that? I thought calcification was very hard and immovable? How do we get rid of this, and surely there is some other method of massage that is more effective, like a electrical massager. Maybe taking a WAHL electric massager to your head would be quicker?

I like the free thinkers on this forum. I will continue to take, k2, magnesium, msm, etc to try and shunt some of the calcification.

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  youngn Tue May 12, 2015 2:40 am

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24775865
Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum is a disease in which skin calcification occurs.
We demonstrate the upregulation of the BMP2-SMADs-RUNX2 and TGFβ-2-SMAD2/3 pathway, co-localizing with the mineralization sites, and the involvement of MSX2-canonical Wnt signalling. Further, we show that apoptosis is also involved in PXE with activation of Caspases and BCL-2. In contrast to vascular calcification, neither the other BMPs and TGFβs nor endoplasmic reticulum stress pathways seem to be perturbed in PXE.
Oh look upregulation of BMP and TGF. Hmmmmm

youngn

Back to top Go down

Post  Iwillsucceed Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:00 am

Bump.

I have no idea why this thread was discontinued, you guys were on to something great.
I know for a fact that my scalp sutures have increased in size, obviously calcification. The only thing I disagree with is the whole skull increasing in size, because if that were true, the interstial spaces between the brain and the inside of the skull would increase, which would be quite dangerous.

Iwillsucceed

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 pm

What about the person who had grafts and the skull continued to expand for years and years. Yet those hairs still grow?

harechallenge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down