Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss

4 posters

Go down

Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss Empty Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss

Post  minimi Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:55 am

What is immortal hair's official opinion on the recent study about Vitamin E tocotrienol used taken in capsule form to promote hair growth?

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Vitamin-E-may-reverse-male-pattern-baldness-Study

This is a recent study, yet people have been taking about how tocotrienol can promote hair growth way before this study on this forum:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/best-tocotrienol-tocopherol-supplememnts-t360.htm?highlight=tocotrienol

CausticSymmetry on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 pm
youngbalder - Tocotrienols have shown to increase hair growth by some 40%.

If I bought something like the link below, do you think it would be good for my hair?
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Tocomin-SupraBio-Palm-Tocotrienol-Complex

ADMIN: please feel free to delete the link, I dont know your policy on posting commercial links.

minimi

Back to top Go down

Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss Empty Re: Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:41 am

minimi - Commercial links are okay. I've been trying this stuff out per The Natural's recommendation.

It's identical to the vitacost version in every way.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-60-Softgels/137?at=0

My VIP discount with the free shipping makes it a good deal, even though at first glance the vitacost brand appears
cheaper.

Honestly, I'm not sure what effects the tocotrienols have as I have taken them for several years in one form or another
often as part of a multi-vitamin pack of some sort. Research on foods (especially oils) that contain tocotrienols show they lower 5-alpha reductase.

I'm a huge believer in the use of lipoic acid, since it "recycles" dietary and endogenous antioxidants so tocotrienols is part of an overall defense against free-radicals which are in greater need for us suffering from MPB. Also it is a good idea to take both water and fat soluble antioxidants to cover all tissues.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss Empty Re: Vitamin E tocotrienol for anti-hair loss

Post  minimi Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 am

If you recommend that iherb site, ill buy from there. Do you have a referrer friend E-mail I can input to get a discount?

I am 26 and have not tried much yet to stop my slowly thinning hair, I think this is going to be a long and expensive battle to save me hair.

How is it that man sent people to the moon, made microchips, and created man-made elements like Rutherfordium all in the 1960's, decades ago, but still cant create a solid cure for hair loss in 2009!!!!

It is very frustrating that anything you try for hair loss should be tried so as to try only one variable at a time, and then wait many months to see if it works.

minimi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:30 am

minimi - using "HIL335" code will give you $5.00 off.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  minimi Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks! I made the purchase. $41 for 3 months supply... not too bad. But I wonder if these vitimins will have the same effect as the ones in that one study where many people grew more hair after taking 100mb of Vit E tocotrienol daily.

minimi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:54 am

minimi - This is a pretty solid amount, plus the absorption is said to be pretty good.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:56 am

minimi,

In January of last year, I decided to try Jarrow's TOCO-SORB, after reading a study about tocotrienols and its potential benefit to those experiencing hair loss.

I took only tocotrienols for several months. It did strengthen my existing hair (and nails), may have slowed my hair loss a bit, but did not regrow any.

For the past two months, I have been trying out Toco-8 by Primordial Performance, which I feel is probably the better of the two. Still, I am not sure (convinced) that Toco-8, by itself, can stabilize or regrow one's hair.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:32 am

minimi wrote:How is it that man sent people to the moon, made microchips, and created man-made elements like Rutherfordium all in the 1960's, decades ago, but still cant create a solid cure for hair loss in 2009!!!!

20th century: the century for physicists

21st century: the century for biologists

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  minimi Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:33 pm

CausticSymmetry: thanks again for the coupon. Yes, the absorption looks good, maybe I can increase that even more by taking each capsule with something like grapefruit juice, which has been shown in other studies to increase absorption of some drugs, but not necessarily vitamins.

The Natural: thanks, that is very encouraging. I wonder why Immortal Hairs current regimen does not contain Vitamin E of this kind?

Gibson: ah yes, we are entering now the golden age of bio technology, gene therapy, genetic engineering where the possibilities are endless...

minimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down