Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Heart beats hard and slow when standing up EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Heart beats hard and slow when standing up

+4
Brabus
mistyisland
DeadlyDevice
Hairbeback
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heart beats hard and slow when standing up Empty Heart beats hard and slow when standing up

Post  Hairbeback Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 am

For the last 3 weeks I have been experiencing Heart Palpitations. At the beginning it was nearly all day pretty much hearing my heart beat if I stand up to quickly or change position in bed. When I am walking or working out I won't hear it or when I am sitting down. I got checked at the doctor last year in October and they said my heart was really healthy and strong, they did the usual blood,urine,thyroid. But this has been lasting for 3 weeks and yesterday when I got out of the car and stood up from sitting, I got really lightheaded and my heart seems like it slows down makes hard thumping beats....then seems to catch up and beats normal. My resting heart rate is 62-65 and my blood bless is a tad under 120/80. Should I visit a doctor again? Maybe its POTS? Or Maybe Orstatic hypotension? To be honest I had heart palpitations before, and I have had bad General Anxiety Disorder and Panic for nearly a year. I heard this can be the cause as well. Also it doesn't happen everytime I stand up either, sometimes it won't slow down and speed up when I stand up. The hearing my heart has gotten better over the weeks, in the beginning it was nearly all day long, now its everytime I wake up from a nap or when changing sleeping positions I can hear it slow down thump for 10 seconds then return to normal. I haven't noticed any skipped beats either

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Heart beats hard and slow when standing up Empty Re: Heart beats hard and slow when standing up

Post  DeadlyDevice Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:03 am

Holy shit. I have been dealing with this for 2 years. It's gonna take some time to write everything up...reserving this space.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Heart beats hard and slow when standing up Empty Re: Heart beats hard and slow when standing up

Post  mistyisland Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:41 am

I have afib and that sounds similar to what I have at times. There is a cell phone app that is about $2.00 called afib detect that can tell you if you are in afib or not. It also give you your heart rate. When I am in bad afib I can hear my heart beat. If I'm not in afib I can't hear it at all. Might be worth it to get the app, and at least you can rule afib out. It's a pretty accurate app. For the record, my doctor says my heart is healthy and strong. I just have this one little problem.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm

I was reading about afib, the symptoms don't sound the same. I'm not fatigued and I can still work out. I understand everyone has different symptoms or none at all. It might be due to my anxiety...I have been clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth the last few weeks to and I have never done that. I had palapations before like this, but due to me having anxiety now the fear is increased 10 fold. Checked out the app a lot of reviews say it is inaccurate. So I think I will set up a doctors appointment and request an EKG. Thanks for the reply i'm not trying to rule anything out, but trying to remain positive. Hopefully it is due to my heightening anxiety

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 pm

When I went to my last check up doctor listened to my heart and said it was fine. Afrib can happen out of nowhere? I have been eating healthier to

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:41 pm

And my heart rate doesn't skip a beat or flutter and I have a pulse of 65 resting and 59 when I am about to go to bed

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:56 am

Afib doesn't care if you eat healthy. I eat VERY healthy. Yes it can happen out of nowhere. Mine did. The app was recommended by a cardiologist and has been a great help to me in recognizing "silent" afib. It can have inaccuracies, but is pretty accurate over time. It is more apt to say your heartbeat is normal, and sometimes does not catch the afib. My afib does not make me tired or weak. I can still work out or do whatever I want. In silent afib I don't notice any skipped beats. When I see my cardiologist, he checks my heart and says it is fine. My point is, if you have afib, sometimes your heart beats just fine. If you are not in afib at that moment, your doctor will not discover afib. They use multiple tests to discover afib. I'm not saying you have it, but you definitely need to be checked out by a doctor, and not just for the 30 seconds it takes to check your heart. Afib is an electrical problem with the heart. Sometimes it is there, and other times it isn't.

It could be anxiety, but it is dangerous to self diagnose a heart problem.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:33 am

His heart rate is low/normal. It's prolly not afib.

I don't know, like I said I have this for 2 years. But, I feel my heart all the time. Regardless of how I feel or what I am doing. But like you, when I change positions it beats a lot harder and I can hear it in my ears, feel it in my chest, and in my throat. It has been pure hell living like this. It's not anxiety because I feel it all the time, and I am not anxious. It happens even when I am relaxed and laughing. Literally all the time. Hormones help somewhat but they don't cure it. I still don't know what is causing it. Doctors of course, are absolutely useless.

I can't even take the common things given to people with arrhythmias because my pulse is so low. I have a resting pulse of 58 so they won't give me atenolol. I tried benzo's but they just made me sedated and tired, and didn't help at all. I did every possible heart test and everything is 'perfect', they won't even test me further. And here I am 2 years later still suffering with the same thing. It just started one day out of the blue. Fucking hell.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 am

It is a misconception that if you have a normal heartbeat, "it's probably not afib." I have it and I have a normal heartbeat. Rarely do I go into afib. That is because I recognize afib triggers and avoid them. Alcohol, sweets, anxiety, dehydration, caffeine are my triggers, and mostly everyones. My heartbeat has been normal for the last several weeks. I last went into afib because I had a very small piece of a very sweet sticky pecan pie. I should have known better, but hope springs eternal.

I agree, he probably doesn't have it. But please don't think that a normal heart rate on a specific day indicates the condition does not exist. I also agree that doctors are absolutely useless.

I have found that integrative practitioners are a better bet than standard medical doctors. If you live in San Diego there is Scripps Integrative Medicine with doctors that are MD'a but understand supplements. There is one there who has an understanding of Chinese medicine. I know they are harder to find in other areas, but it would be worth spending some time to search.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:05 am

I have a weird feeling on my heart since taking anti histamine. I might have abused this med bcs the half life is short. My heart beats hard and I feel a little bit pain there.

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 am

I'm not self diagnosing myself. I'm making an appointment Monday for blood work and urine, and I will tell them to do an EKG or whatever while I still have my insurane. The palapations are gone, unless I stand up to quickly. I have had this happen before when I am really anxious, my mother has/had it to. If I sit for a few minutes and get up it will not get me lightheaded and do the slow pounding thud and then beat back to normal. I suffer from General anxiety disorder....and I stopped meditating due to things going on now so the anxiety has creeped back in my life, I am even grinding my teeth clenching my jaw now. The palapations have died down, its mostly me sitting for over 10 minutes and when I spring up its a low hard slow thudding of my heart then it feels like it catches up to its normal beat. Thanks for the info and insights

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:29 am

Be sure and check back... I am very curious as to what this could be. Good Luck.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:23 am

Have you tried changing salt intake? Could help some.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 am

I suffered with this problem for a few years. In essence it was an anxiety disorder. Please get it checked out, that's what I did, but there was nothing mechanically wrong with my heart. The more I focused on it, was aware of it's beat and rhythm, the more anxious I became.

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

I was fine today, then I are a big salami sub and some fries and it started to palpitate. With my anxiety disorder I check my pulse every 5 minutes its messed up how anxiety can cripple people. Physically and mentally. anxiety causes real physical symptoms I think people tend to over look. I went to bed after I ate the sandwich and notice it might not be my heart palipating, but my i can feel a pulse under my armpit next to my chest. I feel a pulse everywhere since I have anxiety...leg, next to ear, head, under my armpit of my left arm. It went away when I woke up. No dizziness when I was standing up either the whole day so I dunno

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 pm

I think people can easily dismiss the physical symptoms anxiety can cause

I thinking it can be this, but I will still set up an appointment as my insurance is running out

http://whatareheartpalpitations.com/heart-palpitations/palpitations-eating/

I'm guilty of eating to fast and getting bloated and tired

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthostatic_hypotension

orhttp://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/page.php?ID=30

Or my Anxiety...
http://www.anxiety-central.com/index.php/topic/75-list-of-over-100-anxiety-symptoms/

Maybe with my anxiety it is making me aware of every quirk in my body and paying more attention to my heart beat.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 am

Anxiety is just another buzzword, a bullshit diagnosis, it's simply a (bad) state of neurotransmitters & chemicals in the brain

That can be manipulated by food and supplements

If you have actual hormonal/biochemical problems in the body (that you may not know about), yoga & meditation won't help you

"Anxiety" can be caused by things that have nothing to do with your brain or psychology

How can I have anxiety without knowing it? Why does my heart do this every day and every night for 2 years even when I am relaxed and feeling happy?

Simply - it's another stupid diagnose for doctors who don't know what to do about the problem. They gave me benzo's and atenolol, I am doing much better from high carb diet and thyroid & pregnenolone

Don't take stupid sedation drugs that cause addiction, work the problem, find out the cause...

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 am

Don't take drugs for anxiety, but it is real though I have it. Meditation did work, I just find myself really busy lately

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 am

Taking note of my body, I barely been eating and when I did I eat it really fast and get bloated...and guess what heart palpitations Just ate like 10 slices of pizza is 3 minutes barely chewed it and swallowed and palpitations started (lightly) it happened yesterday when I ate the submarine sandwich to fast. So I think I am on to something now

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:56 am

All day I have been standing and sitting up fast and no lightheartedness yet

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:58 am

Update went to the doctor, had them listen to my heart, doctor said it sounded beautiful. Had an EKG, done it was perfect, no afib, or murmer or irregular heart beat. Good oxygen levels. Making a follow up appointment. But everything sounds good so far. It was Palpating yesterday. But again....had some greasy pizza ate it really fast, got bloated and now my heart is palpitating again.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:08 pm

vagus nerve problems = anxiety.

It's related to digestion usually.

If can be related to fungus.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:12 am

I was thinking that to, I have General anxiety it sucks....I was drinking last night to....I need to really stop being a part time health nut Mad

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:36 am

Does wheat bread also make it worse? Pizza screws me up too.

I don't have anxiety but still have this problem.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:56 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:vagus nerve problems = anxiety.

It's related to digestion usually.

If can be related to fungus.

Hey CS,

I have been having constant palpitations for the past 2 years (they literally never go away). I've noticed some food (especially wheat) makes them worse for some hours.

You mention digestion, what would be a good way to try and improve that? Would a HCL supplement be a good idea?

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next