Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue?

+12
Elessar
danthethinningman
whodathunkit
ElmoSuper8
ghai018
stresssucks
CausticSymmetry
AS54
Odysseus
DeadlyDevice
constipationbrah
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue?

Post  whodathunkit Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:26 am

Odysseus wrote:Yup. I'll entertain the idea that the adrenals might "underperform", but only briefly. Endocrinologists refute the idea, basically saying that the adrenals either work or. . . .they don't.

Well, that settles it.  All endocrinologists REFUTE the idea.  Ody is speaking, of course, as an endocrinologist, right?  I'm entirely persuaded now that it's all in my head.  

I wonder if the endocrinologist who insisted that my TSH of 4.1 was nothing to worry about, that "subclinical  hypothyroid" was not a real condition, that a preponderance of hypothyriod symptoms meant nothing unless the blood test unequivocally indicated hypothyroid, and that the only test needed to diagnose hypothyroid was a TSH is one of these adrenal fatigue refuters.  Because his judgment was impeccable, his integrity unimpeachable, and his open-mindedness to the fact that maybe he didn't know everything there was to know about the human body beyond a doubt.   The man was credit to the Hippocratic oath.

DeadlyDevice wrote:I find it odd that whodathunkit got diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by a regular MD, when that is not even a recognized condition in allopathic medicine.
Well, goodness.   How terrible for you.  I'm so sorry that what my MD diagnosed me with and prescribed me supplements for and helped me overcome is something that isn't in line with your worldview.  I'll be sure to let her know that next time I see her.  It might provoke her to change some things in her practice.  Maybe even her entire paradigm/goal of integrating allopathic medicine with alternative diagnoses and therapies.  Because, she should know as we all should, that the world should kow-tow to the skeptics.

Seriously, Deadly, I hope you are not implying anything else about what I share here, other than you personally find it "odd".  Are you?

To be clear, I believe the term she uses in documentation is "adrenal insufficiency".  But to skeptics that is not acceptable, either.  And in conversation, we use adrenal fatigue and adrenal insufficiency interchangeably.

brah, try the salt water.  It can be a good first indicator that something may be wrong with your adrenals, without going through expensive tests.  Also, get the book by Dr. James Wilson.   It's got a lot of good background on adrenal fatigue, the physiology of it, and what you can do about it.  Not everything he says is correct (he advocates treating people with adrenal problems like delicate flowers, and goes way overboard with that), and IMO his supplements are crap, so don't buy them, but use his ideas.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 Empty Re: So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:50 am

I treat adrenal fatigue (insufficiency all the time), however to treat it depends on medical history, no two people are alike. No treatment is the same.

Reductionist's assume that endocrinologists know something.....Sorry to say, but they are woefully ignorant.

They're viewpoint or scope is too narrow, because they have been brought up within the lens of the pharmaceutical/medical industrial complex whose reference ranges are based on sick people.

There's a lot of hormones they know nothing about and only treat using their "approved" bag of tricks.

Things are so bad that the medical curriculum cannot be trusted.

I've explained numerous times that thyroid tests are a joke. The ones that work are ignored.
Even in cardiovascular disease, the best labs are ignored in favored of the least important.

The ignorance is beyond amazing. Reductionists know too little to get it.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:48 am

whodathunkit wrote:
Odysseus wrote:Yup. I'll entertain the idea that the adrenals might "underperform", but only briefly. Endocrinologists refute the idea, basically saying that the adrenals either work or. . . .they don't.

Well, that settles it.  All endocrinologists REFUTE the idea.  Ody is speaking, of course, as an endocrinologist, right?  I'm entirely persuaded now that it's all in my head.  

I wonder if the endocrinologist who insisted that my TSH of 4.1 was nothing to worry about, that "subclinical  hypothyroid" was not a real condition, that a preponderance of hypothyriod symptoms meant nothing unless the blood test unequivocally indicated hypothyroid, and that the only test needed to diagnose hypothyroid was a TSH is one of these adrenal fatigue refuters.  Because his judgment was impeccable, his integrity unimpeachable, and his open-mindedness to the fact that maybe he didn't know everything there was to know about the human body beyond a doubt.   The man was credit to the Hippocratic oath.

DeadlyDevice wrote:I find it odd that whodathunkit got diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by a regular MD, when that is not even a recognized condition in allopathic medicine.
Well, goodness.   How terrible for you.  I'm so sorry that what my MD diagnosed me with and prescribed me supplements for and helped me overcome is something that isn't in line with your worldview.  I'll be sure to let her know that next time I see her.  It might provoke her to change some things in her practice.  Maybe even her entire paradigm/goal of integrating allopathic medicine with alternative diagnoses and therapies.  Because, she should know as we all should, that the world should kow-tow to the skeptics.

Seriously, Deadly, I hope you are not implying anything else about what I share here, other than you personally find it "odd".  Are you?

To be clear, I believe the term she uses in documentation is "adrenal insufficiency".  But to skeptics that is not acceptable, either.  And in conversation, we use adrenal fatigue and adrenal insufficiency interchangeably.

brah, try the salt water.  It can be a good first indicator that something may be wrong with your adrenals, without going through expensive tests.  Also, get the book by Dr. James Wilson.   It's got a lot of good background on adrenal fatigue, the physiology of it, and what you can do about it.  Not everything he says is correct (he advocates treating people with adrenal problems like delicate flowers, and goes way overboard with that), and IMO his supplements are crap, so don't buy them, but use his ideas.

The ENDOCRINOLOGISTS have spoken. Please do not dispute their findings. Never question the medical establishment.

(Couldn't find an emoticon that looked like a steaming pile of horseshit)

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:11 am

Whoa... hold on for a second.

First off, my point was that if she is operating under the principles of allopathic medicine which she, as an MD, probably is, that I don't see how she is allowed to diagnose you with a condition that isn't in the book. Doesn't that violate some kind of principle that could get you suspended? That's why I find it odd. Because people like that don't last very long in this field. Which is why most doctors who are serious about helping people abandon allopathic medicine and work as a private doctor under their own principles (i.e. naturopaths, holistic doctors, functional medicine, etc.).

That I am trying to imply what? I'm not saying you are lying, if that's what you mean.

And for what it's worth, I'm skeptic about both sides of this equation. Because, I don't think either one has the full answer, as per usual. So forgive me for not giving the alternative scene a free pass every time because they too, can sometimes make bogus diagnoses. This is coming from someone who only goes to doctors to order blood tests because I don't think they are capable for much else. I have hypothyroidism and have suffered from it quite a bit in the past 2 years, and treated it mostly by myself, because the endocrinologists have been largely useless. Hope that puts things into perspective.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  danthethinningman Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:51 am

All you guys are too busy arguing pointlessly. Why not get back to the chemistry and actually get somewhere with all these threads. Who cares what medical text considers a real condition or not. Get back to the point wich is hair loss and why you might have it.

danthethinningman

Back to top Go down

Post  Elessar Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 am

4039 wrote:I like daily grounding/earthing for adrenal/kidney support. It evens out and normalizes all of those nasty cortisol spikes.
Is earthing legit? I might try it daily. Had my breakfast outside this morning with my bare foots on the grass for about 30 minutes, I gotta say I felt better than I usually do that early in the morning.

I read a few articles about earthing. It does make sense tbh and I think I could need it because I cant even remember the last time I was outside barefoot.

Can anyone else comment if this is actually good and not just bullshit?

Elessar

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:28 pm

After long time experimentation with both ''natural'' and ''artificial'' grounding techniques, i am positive that grounding works well, specially if using ''natural'' approach that usually also means lack of artificial EMF stress and sun rays. Being mostly exposed to the natural Earth's magnetic field and EMF from sunlight is actually necessarily in the sufficient amounts. It's not a therapy, but environment we were meant to work in. Again, use your ''behavior'' to make it right as too much UV can be quite damaging.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

So what are good ways to fix adrenal fatigue? - Page 2 Empty Here a few posible ways to fix adrenal fatique

Post  mary78 Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 pm

I am not 100% recovered, but i am feeling quite a deal better than before, progress did go through the roof for me after my adrenals were strong enough to support a full night of sleep, uninterrupted. I also hear that some people use iodine. But when i use this, i feel exhausted at the end of the day! Does anybody know why?

Good luck to everybody!

mary78

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeBison Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:44 am

Any experiences with glucocorticoids? Hydrocortisone?

MikeBison

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:27 am

This nutritionist doesn't really like the term "Adrenal fatigue" but thinks its an important and hugely complex and misunderstood health issue. You scientific types might like this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWMFmOSi3Co

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:36 am

Dont know if this is good or not, havent listened to it, same nutritionist though -

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2014/09/RIR-140905.php

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  mary78 Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi everyone!

Great talk ElmoSuper8, i couldn't have said it better. medical terms are in many cases to broad anyway and western medical science only deals symptom oriented, and we need solutions to root causes!

By the way science is an ever changing field, which changed its opinions quite often!

mary78

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 am

Elessar wrote:
4039 wrote:I like daily grounding/earthing for adrenal/kidney support. It evens out and normalizes all of those nasty cortisol spikes.
Is earthing legit? I might try it daily. Had my breakfast outside this morning with my bare foots on the grass for about 30 minutes, I gotta say I felt better than I usually do that early in the morning.

I read a few articles about earthing. It does make sense tbh and I think I could need it because I cant even remember the last time I was outside barefoot.

Can anyone else comment if this is actually good and not just bullshit?

It's not bullshit.  It was recommended to me by my integrative cardiologist to help thin the blood, as I have atrial fibrillation and can't take blood thinners.  Earthing is used by the Tour De France for recovery purposes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZIZ5UUoOE

I think earthing is a pretty potent detox method, as I felt pretty lousy for about 2 weeks after I started sleeping on an earthing sheet.  I have lipomas ( an inherited condition of fatty tumors on the body) and they have been reducing in size. I'm also drinking green juice.

mistyisland

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:09 am

I'm drinking blood, like the Royal family. Really revitalizes the system.

bounce

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2