Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads?

+5
hiilikeyourbeard
Vince Clortho
shaftless
CausticSymmetry
Hairbeback
9 posters

Go down

Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? Empty Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads?

Post  Hairbeback Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:40 pm

I been seeing this more and more in younger men lately....I don't want that happening to me especially since I am about to go with the bald fade. Any reasons why? Genetic? Hormonal? to much body fat?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? Empty Re: Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Hairbeback wrote:I been seeing this more and more in younger men lately....I don't want that happening to me especially since I am about to go with the bald fade. Any reasons why? Genetic? Hormonal? to much body fat?

I've noticed this also. It seems like a lot of people have this. My guess is that it's either associated with metabolic syndrome or caused by iatrogenic medicine.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? Empty Re: Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads?

Post  shaftless Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:48 am

Where on the back of the head? Near the neck area? These people mush have shaved heads in order to see them right?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Vince Clortho Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 am

I have noticed that most of the guys with fat rolls on the back of there heads have full heads of hair and they have square shaped skulls. I have never seen an egg head slick bald dude with those type of fat rolls.
Vince Clortho
Vince Clortho

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:26 am

They are pretty common, I am talking on the back of the head. Warren Sapp of the NFL has it.

http://www.freakymart.com/assets/2013/12/image2.jpg

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Hairbeback wrote:They are pretty common, I am talking on the back of the head. Warren Sapp of the NFL has it.

http://www.freakymart.com/assets/2013/12/image2.jpg

Hahaha
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Each roll of fat contains nuts and seeds that the owner has foraged throughout the long, cruel winter months.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 am

^ Haha. I wish we stored nuts and seeds instead of fat cells. Would be a lot easier to dump when I didn't need it.

Anyway, its just a particular type of fat distribution. People can be unique in terms of where the body adds subcutaneous fat. There are obvious differences between men and women, but even with the male population you'll see different tendencies. Some men will put more on in the chest, while others won't. You could see a guy only slightly over weight but he'll have more chest fat than a guy who is morbidly obese but may be flat chested. It just happens that way sometimes. With this particular thing, you tend to see it happen to guys once they've added a lot of fat to the midsection first. From there they'll get more fat on the arms, and then on the upper back and finally on the neck. Not necessarily in that order. Carrying fat on the neck is another one those things. You can find really fat guys who will never show it in the neck or face, but then somebody who has an extra 20 lbs and they're faces look like they ballooned.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:29 am

The people I see with these rolls are overweight. There's your answer. We have more fat people and more people shaving their heads. So you're gonna see more rolls in places you're not using to seeing them.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:33 am

Why do people get fat rolls on the back of their heads? Luke-goss-luke-goss-14957696-965-1024

Luke Goss is pretty much just bald now. Well at least most of the time he keeps it extremely close to the skin. He's one of the bald guy saviors haha.

Anyway, low body fat = no rolls on the back of the head. You can tell even in this pic with some hair that he simply just doesn't have enough subcutaneous tissue for it to happen. Id venture its the same with everyone. I'm not ruling out there are certain genetic differences. Some people might just naturally have larger bumps on the back which makes for a larger crease in the skin. But I bet if most bald guys go their body fat low enough you wouldn't see that kind of thing.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:14 am

Anthony, I have a deep and meaningful question for you; how the fuck do you know who Luke Goss is? He's a former 80's pop star from this side of the pond who had a brief stint with fame in the band 'Bros'. I thought he disappeared into obscurity decades ago. Has he revived his career in the US? Are you a Bros fan?
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 am

Xenon wrote:Anthony, I have a deep and meaningful question for you; how the fuck do you know who Luke Goss is? He's a former 80's pop star from this side of the pond who had a brief stint with fame in the band 'Bros'. I thought he disappeared into obscurity decades ago. Has he revived his career in the US? Are you a Bros fan?

Haha. He played Nomak in Blade II. I was a fan of the first two movies in that series. His character was pretty fucking awesome, so it was a matter of IDMB'ing it one day and finding out who he was. Had no idea about his pop career though.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 am

I seen stocky guys have it to, but I hope it don't happen to me

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 pm

Luke Goss is TOTALLY old man hot Hot HOT.

And yep, no rolls there. LOL

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Ah right... never saw Blade II... only 3 for Jessica Biel. To hell with the plot.

Luke Goss has an identical twin (Matt) who is also bald. It seems he is very self conscious of it because he always seems to be photographed wearing a trilby.

*Correction: Matt Goss isn't bald, just receded somewhat. Although I could have sworn he, too, went bald. Maybe he had a hair transplant. But then who gives a shit? lol He will have no probs getting ladies either.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:46 am

Yeah, I'm sure Luke can get laid whenever he pleases. I know the feeling,  Razz .

Yes though, Blade 3 was absolute shit. But I hear you, Jessica Biel looks damn good.

For real though, watch the first two. The second one is verging on being shit, it just made the line for decent. The first one though is, to this day,  the greatest movie based on a super hero that's been made. Fuck the Nolan batman movies.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:15 am

Funnily enough, I own and enjoy the Tomb of Dracula graphic novels, which Blade started out in, in the 70's. The artwork is awesome too. I'm a fan of vampire horror movies --  1978 Salem's Lot being the best IMO. That's when vampires were vampires ...snarling animals with monstrous faces and teeth more crooked and rotten than a Brit -- not all of this romanticized metrosexual Twilight bullshit. John Carpenter's Vampires 1 & 2 could have been great, but they were borderline shit because the vampires weren't scary at all.

Oh well, I'll check out Blade 1 then maybe 2 if I'm impressed.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:21 am

Totally agree'd with you on both of your views about the vamp flicks. And I absolutely hate this recent trend for tween fantasy.

You'll be impressed. I wouldn't approach it expecting a really back-to-roots traditional vampire flick though. Its a very modern take, but you know that because you've seen the third. There was something much grittier and engrossing about the first one though. Whereas I was pulled into the first one and felt intimidated by the vampires in the first one, they kind of just became jokes by the third. And Deacon Frost is one of the coolest bad guys ever, but his portrayal in the film isn't the same as in the novel, what little I know about it anyway.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down