Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure?

4 posters

Go down

Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Empty Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure?

Post  Brabus Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 am

Hello all,

So basically I had a car accident (head injury) that followed with some kind of skull expansion after a couple of years (not kidding) on the area near the external scar (scar is going from left ear to right ear).

According to my doctor the skull expansion is caused by a intracranial hematoma (subdural hematoma?)

Now the shittiest part. Since the trauma I am losing a lot of hair, aggressivly... weird thing is its only happening on the part before the external scar (frontal part) not after. My hair after the scar is thick, but on the frontal part in front of the scar im losing hair like crazy.

What can be the cause of this? Tight scalp because of the skull expansion?
Not enough bloodflow? Hypoxia?

I can send pictures with the skull expansion if u guys want. I also got the ct scan on my computer where you can see the hematoma.

Additional information; I tried every hairloss drug to stop this madness nothing is working. Also aggressive hairloss is happening short time after the scar is itching (like crazy).

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Empty Re: Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure?

Post  Xenon Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:07 pm

I'm just curious, OP; since your hematoma have you noticed that your scalp overheats and sweats more than it did beforehand?

It would also be interesting to see the scans if you could upload.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Empty Re: Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure?

Post  rofl Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:17 pm

i would be targeting inflammation. have you tried or considered cortizone injections? its not much good for mpb, but in your situation it may be worth a shot. otherwise topical natural antiinflammatories, im sure someone else could help you more there than me. if i had to guess the scar tissue has constricted nerves or blood flow or both. Of course i hope u realise hair will probably never grow on the actual scar.

there is also the stress factor to consider. surgery can trigger massive hairloss, as can injuries.

what do others think for natural topical anti inflammatories for the man?
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:02 pm

OP, no doubt you're aware that the bridging veins of the dura are involved in draining excess cerebrospinal fluid from the brain, not to mention also being involved in draining excess blood for the purpose of brain cooling. The bridging veins are damaged as a result of a subdural hematoma, so this may explain the skull expansion because cerebrospinal fluid takes longer to be drained. Seeing as these veins also assist in brain cooling, I'd imagine that damage to them would also cause the brain to take longer to cool down, which would prompt an even fiercer cooling response (increased scalp sweating). This is why i asked if your scalp has started to overheat and sweat more because emissary veins throughout the scalp carry cooled blood to the brain via dural sinuses and help regulate it's temperature.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at here is, whenever my scalp overheats / over perspires I seem to always lose hair. I don't exactly have the smallest of craniums either, it is quite expanded, so I am wondering if all of this maybe related to the cooling / draining veins of the skull and brain in some way. interestingly, there are studies on these veins suffering from calcification in a number of balding men, so maybe calcification interrupts cerebrospinal fluid drainage, as well as brain cooling.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:42 am

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18950835/2]Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Scan_c11

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18950835/3]Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Scan_c12
[img]https://servimg.com/view/18950835/4]Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Scan_c13

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18950835/5]Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Scan_c14

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18950835/6]Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Scan_c15

[img]https://servimg.com/view/18950835/7]Hairloss caused by intracranial pressure? Scan_c16

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:54 am

Thanks for the reply guys. I will try to answer every question, but please keep in mind English is not my first language.

Xenon Im not sure what you mean by overheating or sweating, but I know that I have a lot more sebum now since the accident. I guess its the dht attacking the follicles (?). Sebum only on the part where im thinning (frontal part, before scar).

Rofl;
Ive allready tried topical cortizone. It was only working for the itching part, but after a time even that it didnt work. When I feel a little tingling on  the scar, I touch the receded area and I have like a lot of hair on my finger afterwards.

I know that surgery can cause massive hairloss, but its been 3 years I had my surgery... And Im losing hair everyday since.

If u guys want I can post pictures of my scalp where you can see the skull expansion and the external scar (1 month post op and 1 year post op)

Thank you guys!

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:05 am

Xenon Im not sure if I understand you say on the second post :s I will soon be getting the results of the RMI scan, if u want them I can upload it.

Also some additional information, when my scar is itching, I look to the ground by bending over (blood rush to head), the itching stops and sebum goes away after a couple of minutes (not kidding).

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:03 am

Brabus,

Thanks for the post man. Its very interesting. If you get the chance, I would like to see some actual photos. My problem is we can't really rule out the simplest answer here: that you are just experiencing MPB frontal recession in an area that just happens to coincide with your scarring.

Three years might seem like a rapid amount of time to lose hair. But one thing I've noticed is that this process has a very different timeline for different people. Most of the time with guys who have the very classic cases of frontal recession with some crown thinning, you'll kind of just see it creep back a bit year by year. It might take them a decade or more to become predominantly bald. But in other cases, often times he diffuse ones such as mine, we might go from a head of hair to straight bald in three or four years.

In my personal case, my hair began to thin over the course of about a year but it wasn't terrible. I wasn't even that concerned about it. But in the span of about 2.5 years I lost almost everything on top. Same thing happened to my great grandfather at about the same point in life. So I just didn't want to rule that out, but pictures could certainly help.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:32 am

No problem man.

I know I cannot rule out the mpb possibility. But I thought mpb was genetic, I have no family history of mpb. My grandfather has no recession, only some crown thinning ( not my case), my father is also starting to lose a litle bit hair on top and crown, but hey it just started and he is like 48. Im 22.

Also theses are examples of treatments I tried during this 3 year: finasteride (1year), dutasteride (5months), ru(4months) , spiro( 50mg-100mg, 2 months), a lot of shampoos (nizoral, revita...), different oils (but not emu oil), beta sitosterol... and plenty of drugs that I dont even remember. And nothing worked, not even stopped the shedding.

Its been 5 months im on no drugs, and there is no change whatsoever. I continue to lose at the same rate.

I want to stop this madness. If anyone knows why this is happening, please help.

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:46 am

Guys?? No one? Slowmoe????

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down