Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Qwackcine horror show
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am by TheOne

» AutoInjectors/PenInjectors for Peptides
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 30, 2024 9:28 am by CausticSymmetry

» Phloroglucinol Enhances Anagen Signaling and Alleviates H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress in Human Dermal Papilla Cells
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 3:49 pm by shaftless

» Cell Therapy for Androgenetic Alopecia: Elixir or Trick?
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptyFri Jun 28, 2024 2:03 pm by MikeGore

» Curcumin-zinc framework encapsulated microneedle patch for promoting hair growth
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 1:03 pm by Dudard

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 10:31 am by CausticSymmetry

» Pfizer being sued
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2024 4:32 am by CausticSymmetry

» Probiotics
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 7:51 am by CF

» Good deal on krill oil
Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 EmptySun Jun 16, 2024 6:33 am by CF

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

+78
Buster121
DynamoJohn
Incognitopad
gg4545
2young2retire
SonofOdin
Mickael
Abyad
Brabus
Smurfy
hairderp
Golden_Shower
nzbalda
Organism
calvicie
beharat
radiance
chubbfrank
RPM
alphadelta
NYJets
sanderson
Hali-L
playmaker
Joey Ramone
rob PHH
Hairy
Pumbaa
dudebro
ElmoSuper8
vg
fghjfghj
rayl
sdguy
proscar3
ANewHope
Younganddetermined
JDawg
schpiloch123
NDW
Keanoseg
Slimnuts
Joakim
egghead
TNT
unfortunate
MrGalea
bov51
hairhat
Biffy
deleteme
stresssucks
CaptainGiggles
Dannyboy
rofl
sizzlinghairs
OpenBook
RAptor
Xenon
demgains77
Odysseus
drex1999
xyro
bananasinpajamas
Growdamnit
Duketronix
hairyshowers
Jay07
mvkishoresr
BelieveInIt
berti
mistermr
theseeker86
hiilikeyourbeard
Complexx
nicks
Hairy Potter
whodathunkit
82 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Complexx Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:25 pm

bananasinpajamas wrote:.

Yea.... good move deleting that dumb YouTube video after realizing that his scalp was made that flexible shortly before his HT surgery and not before he lost nearly all of his hair. Also, thank you for helping me prove a point.. Even HT surgeons are aware of the Galea being tight, and most HT surgeons recommend loosening up the scalp/Galea before getting into the procedure. They also use the same method I sometimes describe on here too lol. I wouldn't be surprised if those massages (provided they are being recommended after HT surgeries) are the exact reason why many HT patients stay happy.. and vice versa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQX_WyLosA&list=UU-u8ejSLwWikknO4-m7lmpw (This video is on the same channel as the that dumb ass video you posted)

"UNDERSTANDING SCALP LAXITY
Scalp laxity is the basis of all scalp surgeries and has two very distinct components. First is the ability of the scalp to slide or glide on the underlying pericranium. The second component of scalp laxity is its elasticity or ability to elongate (loosely termed “stretch”). This is distinct from the sliding phenomenon. Some scalps are highly elasticized, and even in the presence of the relatively inelastic galea, are capable of reasonably significant elongation.[21]

Application of tension to the skin for a period (temporarily) causes the skin to stretch; this response is known as mechanical creep.[22] The stretch is minimal as no tissue growth occurs. This beneficial effect of creep is utilized by use of retention sutures or towel clips to facilitate closure of skin edges. On the other hand when the skin is stretched for a longer period (weeks to months) the stretching response is more and it is known as biological creep.[22] The mechanism underlying biological creep is not exactly known, but possibly is related to a combination of epithelial proliferation, new extracellular matrix formation, and recruitment of surrounding tissue. When prolonged stress is applied, like an extender (Frechet) or an expander, tissue growth occurs which is responsible for increased amount of skin available for excision."

SOURCE: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3183735/

Oh and BTW... it seems as if you are spending MUCH MUCH more time trying to find a way for this NOT to work rather than the opposite. Whys is that? lol...................................  Laughing
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 Empty Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hairyshowers Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Heres a few pics I just took (currently @ 9 months), not for comparison to my last pics but to show you the how the small vellus hair are coming in on my temples and around the hairline. You can also see some random terminals in there.
My crown still looks like shit ... less talk more massage.

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 Swcqd0

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted - Page 37 14cgt5k
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Can you point out the vellus hairs because I don't really see any of it in the pic.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:55 pm

oh, i can see the tiny blonde vellis hairs. the question is are they new, or have you just started looking closer and at the right angle, since your now doing this treatment and looking for positive signs.

another question is are they just a final cycle of miniturized hairs, from areas that had hair several cycles ago.

another question is if they are new, i.e the first cycle that is getting larger each cycle not smaller, is are they going to get any bigger.

seriously i have thousands of these hairs across my temples. but ive been trying to grow them for the last 10 years. they do grow and get bigger, but then they fall out, regrow but smaller each cycle. I accept its possible youve triggered something with the massage, and now the miniturization could be reversing, and they will get grow to a bigger length each cycle, but its something that needs to be proven, not just assumed.

anyway, thanks for sharing your photos. I genuinely hope it is regrowth.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  bananasinpajamas Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:54 pm

I didnt delete the video.  What are you talking about?

Complexx you are a loser who thinks vin diesel is cool. Enough said.

Your antics are tiring. There is no need to trying to discuss anything with you but i will try

1. The video says "naturally high laxity".  It mentioned nothing about scalp excercises.

2. Transplant Drs talk about laxity in the donor region only. And this is important for a thin scar if doing strip surgery

Even with these small facts you are dead wrong and have no sense. I am not spending time going against it. I am cautiously skeptical until I see evidence. On the other hand you are ab emotional immature buffoon who lives with his mommy

Complexx wrote:
bananasinpajamas wrote:.

Yea.... good move deleting that dumb YouTube video after realizing that his scalp was made that flexible shortly before his HT surgery and not before he lost nearly all of his hair. Also, thank you for helping me prove a point.. Even HT surgeons are aware of the Galea being tight, and most HT surgeons recommend loosening up the scalp/Galea before getting into the procedure. They also use the same method I sometimes describe on here too lol. I wouldn't be surprised if those massages (provided they are being recommended after HT surgeries) are the exact reason why many HT patients stay happy.. and vice versa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQX_WyLosA&list=UU-u8ejSLwWikknO4-m7lmpw (This video is on the same channel as the that dumb ass video you posted)

"UNDERSTANDING SCALP LAXITY
Scalp laxity is the basis of all scalp surgeries and has two very distinct components. First is the ability of the scalp to slide or glide on the underlying pericranium. The second component of scalp laxity is its elasticity or ability to elongate (loosely termed “stretch”). This is distinct from the sliding phenomenon. Some scalps are highly elasticized, and even in the presence of the relatively inelastic galea, are capable of reasonably significant elongation.[21]

Application of tension to the skin for a period (temporarily) causes the skin to stretch; this response is known as mechanical creep.[22] The stretch is minimal as no tissue growth occurs. This beneficial effect of creep is utilized by use of retention sutures or towel clips to facilitate closure of skin edges. On the other hand when the skin is stretched for a longer period (weeks to months) the stretching response is more and it is known as biological creep.[22] The mechanism underlying biological creep is not exactly known, but possibly is related to a combination of epithelial proliferation, new extracellular matrix formation, and recruitment of surrounding tissue. When prolonged stress is applied, like an extender (Frechet) or an expander, tissue growth occurs which is responsible for increased amount of skin available for excision."

SOURCE: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3183735/

Oh and BTW... it seems as if you are spending MUCH MUCH more time trying to find a way for this NOT to work rather than the opposite. Whys is that? lol...................................  Laughing

bananasinpajamas

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:37 pm

rofl wrote:oh, i can see the tiny blonde vellis hairs.  the question is are they new, or have you just started looking closer and at the right angle, since your now doing this treatment and looking for positive signs.

another question is are they just a final cycle of miniturized hairs, from areas that had hair several cycles ago.

another question is if they are new, i.e the first cycle that is getting larger each cycle not smaller, is are they going to get any bigger.  

seriously i have thousands of these hairs across my temples.  but ive been trying to grow them for the last 10 years.  they do grow and get bigger, but then they fall out, regrow but smaller each cycle.  I accept its possible youve triggered something with the massage, and now the miniturization could be reversing, and they will get grow to a bigger length each cycle, but its something that needs to be proven, not just assumed.

anyway, thanks for sharing your photos.  I genuinely hope it is regrowth.
Rofl, Ive got to be honest with you, I try not to study my hair every day. Its quite a feat (no joke). As to whether these blond hairs near the hairline are new hairs or still miniturising, god knows - time will tell if they grow out and turn into long thick terminals or slowly shink away. Ill take a few more photos over the next few months so we will see.
Im a guinea pig (AKA volunteer), if this doesnt work then i'll aproach hairloss from a different angle and commit to supplements/diet/toxin & heavy metal detox. I may also just grow a beard, rock the skin'ead and forget about hair for the rest of my life.

I'm hopeful for this method having minimalised shedding and making my scalp finally feel alive, but dont think the 10 month window is realistic for most guys.  

For now ima keep massaging scratch
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:55 pm

It's pretty demotivating that Drex has yet to post. At 6 months, I'm starting to question the validity of this method.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Growdamnit wrote:It's pretty demotivating that Drex has yet to post. At 6 months, I'm starting to question the validity of this method.

I think 6 months is when you start seeing results, I think, Keep at it bro. I know what you mean thou, im eagerly waiting for drexx my self.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  hairderp Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:06 pm

Growdamnit wrote:It's pretty demotivating that Drex has yet to post. At 6 months, I'm starting to question the validity of this method.

If you dont lose any hair by doing this, then i would suggest you to keep doing this for at least 6 more months and then decide. I am one month in and i already see some improvments in my scalp's health and i have no shedding at all. Even if DT help me to keep my hair and reduce the inflammation (seb derm) i will do it as long as i can.

I would also suggest all of you to take photos of your scalp (no need to publish them) and keep track of your progress.

Have faith people and good luck to all of us.

Smile

hairderp

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:42 pm

I think some things can definitely cause some sparse regrowth of terminals and this is probably one of them. But that study is so damn hokey its hard to believe its even real. All it has is that one weird picture of a guy who supposedly went from pretty severe balding to a retardedly thick juvenile hairline.

I don't think we can grow full heads of hair without somehow restoring the adipose tissue under the scalp and its hard to know if this actually does that. Not to mention we're probably all fighting so many other bodily function issues that a purely mechanical method might not be enough to do more than slow down hair loss. Maybe like using a bucket to bail water out of a sinking battleship.

Slimnuts

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:06 am

Slimnuts wrote:

I think some things can definitely cause some sparse regrowth of terminals and this is probably one of them. But that study is so damn hokey its hard to believe its even real. All it has is that one weird picture of a guy who supposedly went from pretty severe balding to a retardedly thick juvenile hairline.

I don't think we can grow full heads of hair without somehow restoring the adipose tissue under the scalp and its hard to know if this actually does that. Not to mention we're probably all fighting so many other bodily function issues that a purely mechanical method might not be enough to do more than slow down hair loss. Maybe like using a bucket to bail water out of a sinking battleship.

Might be man, might be.... than again, it might not... I think the views and expectations towards this technique reflect how we are in real life personality analysis wise. Not taking just about optimism and pessimism but much more.... Anyway no energy to get into all of that now. Anyway, regarding the study itself, millions of things can be true. First of all, it was done on Asians, and they are known to have the best scalp/hair of all the humans. They have the largest and longest (follicles?) and get the quickest growth, all by default. I don't really know the specifics right know and can't be arsed for all those grammar nazis but you can find it anywhere, bottomline, asians will get the quickest result from DT, it might be x2 or x3 the time for Caucasians and even more for Afro-Americans and so on so I don't think it's unusual if it takes more than 10 months to get those results if you're not pure Asian. They just simply have the best system up there scalp and skin wise. Also look at them in general, they have the best looking and healthiest skin out of all and all hair has to do directly with something is skin. Because hair doesn't grow from bones or from internal organs or from wherever else so I hope you get the point by now. Also the study might be a total fallacy, but how does something so underground and so "unimportant" cause so much heat? Also, why can this be a scientifically validated method than? Because that's what it is honestly. Look at the real causes of balding and underlying symptoms and look at the things that DT could change and reverse. My question is "Why wouldn't it work?" rather/instead of "Why would it work?". What is there balding wise that is directly linked to things like inflammation and anything that comes with it, which is a direct trigger/reason of hair loss , that DT couldn't/doesn't adress? If you have inflammation/calcification/fibrosis/etc whatever really anywhere on your body, a chronic deep tissue massage can help it. If you don't believe in deep tissue massage look at all those researches in mechanotherapy and genetic modification simply by physical force.. I'm telling you that all of this is possible but you pretty much choose for yourself how possible is it. If you believe in it enough to dedicate your time and effort into it it will yield results, if not you'll be a crybaby and that is the end of story.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  rukongai Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:23 am

did anyone write an Email or tried to call dr Choi ? There is his contact info in the paper. Maybe try to get some info on the patients ?

rukongai

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:44 am

Oh you kids.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:07 am

rukongai wrote:did anyone write an Email or tried to call dr Choi ? There is his contact info in the paper. Maybe try to get some info on the patients ?

Of course, more people have tried on more occasion than 1. He never responded to anyone afaik and I don't find that strange.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  hiilikeyourbeard Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:12 am

So as far as topicals go...I've been messing with both castor oil and magnesium oil. After using both off and on it's safe to say for me mag oil is much better at loosening/liquidating this tissue.
hiilikeyourbeard
hiilikeyourbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Questioning the validity at 6 months....

I quit. lol
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Yes, questioning the validity when I have done it the exact way it should be done. AND I take supplements and have nearly a perfect diet. It is bullshit that I haven't achieved any results.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:48 pm

So this is a flop? Brushing did help me when I did it two years ago. I don't know why I stopped - it was really time consuming. My hair has gotten worse since I stopped...it's hard to find a stiff enough brush.

I still think hairloss is demodex or fungus related. I think brushing either breaks up the fungus or somehow annoys the demodex.

blahblahblah

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Yes, questioning the validity when I have done it the exact way it should be done. AND I take supplements and have nearly a perfect diet. It is bullshit that I haven't achieved any results.

Man chill out. Are you sure you are doing it the proper way? The things we are fighting here are very well known there is no reason for you not to experience resutls if you do everything correctly however you just have to give it time. Remember, the DT study was done on Asians who have better/different skin and hair. The 10 month window is applicable to only some people. Others need a year and a half or two, who knows. Everyone I know who started doing this the real proper way has experienced things like thickening and immense hair resiliency when pulling out only after a few weeks. So if you haven't experienced ANY results sorry but you are just not doing it the proper way. If you are implying only regrowth as result well you have to wait for that some more time.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Keanoseg wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Yes, questioning the validity when I have done it the exact way it should be done. AND I take supplements and have nearly a perfect diet. It is bullshit that I haven't achieved any results.

Man chill out. Are you sure you are doing it the proper way? The things we are fighting here are very well known there is no reason for you not to experience resutls if you do everything correctly however you just have to give it time. Remember, the DT study was done on Asians who have better/different skin and hair. The 10 month window is applicable to only some people. Others need a year and a half or two, who knows. Everyone I know who started doing this the real proper way has experienced things like thickening and immense hair resiliency when pulling out only after a few weeks. So if you haven't experienced ANY results sorry but you are just not doing it the proper way. If you are implying only regrowth as result well you have to wait for that some more time.

This is what I don't trust anyone when it comes to regrowth.. hair thickening after 2 weeks? please, its all in their head lol This is why I don't even trust myself when looking at my hair. I do believe in drexx tho, since he does document all of his progress.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:28 pm

boogv510 wrote:
Keanoseg wrote:

This is what I don't trust anyone when it comes to regrowth.. hair thickening after 2 weeks? please, its all in their head lol This is why I don't even trust myself when looking at my hair. I do believe in drexx tho, since he does document all of his progress.

My hair thickens and thins out when I edge/ejaculate THE SAME DAY. More blood to the hair follicles can also thicken the hair within 2 weeks for sure.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:23 pm

boogv510 wrote:
Keanoseg wrote:

Wheather he documents his progress or not, we are all the same and this technique done properly does the same thing on everyone. If you disagree with this I guess you aren't human then. About thickening and strength trust me I know, not only did I stopped shedding after 2-3 weeks but I can try to pull out any number of hairs with all of my strength most of the times nothing comes out, and I pull all the way from the hair roots as well, at worst case scenario 2 or 3 hairs. And the thickening is true as well because if everyone arounds me notices it as well it's not just psychological. I can document all of this if it would make such a difference to anyone instead of trying it out for just 2,3 weeks ( is it really that hard guys? come on any negative comment regarding this from people who aren't actually doing it already is just an excuse for laziness honestly). To me, this is the truth, to you this is all anegdotal evidence until you try it out. What else can I say to your or anyone else here? You guys are waiting for Jesus instead of becoming one. Quite literally.

Keanoseg

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Complexx wrote:
boogv510 wrote:
Keanoseg wrote:

My hair thickens and thins out when I edge/ejaculate THE SAME DAY.

Dude are you like trolling us, lol. Your hair thicken and thin out both on the same day? This is why I can't take your regrowth srsly when u post this kind of stuff..

Keanoseg , how long have you been doing dt? Ive been doing it for almost 8 months now, starting January.

bov51

Back to top Go down

Post  RAptor Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:38 pm

same here man, been doing it for atleast a year with no results, but yea give it more time since you already dedicated half a year to it, try another 6 months maybe the magic will happen at some point Smile
RAptor
RAptor

http://www.echolocationweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:42 pm

RAptor wrote:

same here man, been doing it for atleast a year with no results, but yea give it more time since you already dedicated half a year to it, try another 6 months maybe the magic will happen at some point Smile

The top of your scalp is tight. You're not doing the treatment correctly.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next