Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Bad Reflux EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Bad Reflux EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Bad Reflux EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Bad Reflux EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Bad Reflux EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Bad Reflux EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Bad Reflux EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Bad Reflux EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Bad Reflux EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bad Reflux

+3
Hairbeback
AS54
The Hulk
7 posters

Go down

Bad Reflux Empty Bad Reflux

Post  The Hulk Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:40 am

I still seem to be having some major issues with reflux. It is painful and seems to be getting worse. I try and avoid Prilosec, but it just get's to the point where the burning is severe and I take it.

For the longest time while being on the IH regimen, I just never had a problem with reflux. I thought I was totally cured until about 6 months ago where it started coming back. I am truly stumped on what is going on and desperate to get on top of it naturally.

When the reflux comes on, I feel bloated and you can tell by the look of my stomach that it is bloated. When I push below my sternum, it feels sensitive. The burning is there when I swallow and when I burp. Drinking milk initially feels soothing, but I wonder if it helps in the long term? The burning is felt around my sternum and nearly feels like the burning travels up to my throat. It is quite severe sometimes and and it seems to be happening more regularly.

I also feel a slight itch at the back of my scalp when the reflux is there too.

I am just not sure what else to do and really do not want to see a Doctor who will just prescribe more Prilosec.

Thanks for your help and any suggestions you can offer.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Bad Reflux Empty Re: Bad Reflux

Post  AS54 Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 am

Did you try Betaine HCL with all of your meals?

I've had some family members try this and it completely eliminated their reflux. Adding some digestive enzymes in at larger meals can help as well.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:23 am

Last year I had it for a month straight day and night. Stayed away from medicine and it went away by itself. I found Licorice tea worked, throat teas..."organic teas" tried apple cidear vinegar and ginger didn't work well at all neither did tums, but that licorice tea cleared it up for about 2 hours and when it came back more tea

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks for your replies...

I have used Betaine HCL in the past. Once a day I would take one pill, then two, then three, right up to about eight pills and then reduced down to one or two again. It never did anything that I could tell. I never took Betaine HCL at each meal though. Is this what I should do?

It has to be tied in with inflammation for me... I have noticed a slight amount of dandruff this week as well as an itchy/sensitive scalp. I believe this happens when my gut has this reflux/heartburn going on.

I have had reflux pretty bad this week. I have taken the Heart burn ease (the citrus capsule) as well as two prilosec. Prilosec is an absolute last case scenario for me, but it god real bad.

When I got on to the IH regimen a couple of years ago, dandruff, reflux, subhorenic dermatitis all went away... Now the reflux seems to be coming back.

My diet is pretty good really. I rarely drink sodas and our food intake is generally home grown or all natural (no corn syrup and starches etc). We also cook with olive oil and I am on the IH regimen.

Just has me beat...

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 am

I had pretty bad reflux about a year ago as a result of a poor diet..

What helped me the most is fresh lemon juice squeezed over my meals and chewing a small piece of ginger after every meal.

Pure honey is very helpful as well. Beware of most store honey even the USDA labelled one. Most of them have high fructose corn syrup. I go to my local farmers market for honey. I personally prefer Tupelo due to the taste.

Another plus was drinking pure olive oil either between or after meals.

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:32 pm

I just read that taking Betaine HCL and Pepsin with each meal is what fixes chronic reflux. I never took Pepsin, so maybe I was not giving Betaine HCL a proper go?

I am going to give this a try.

If anyone else has any further suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Thanks again.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Renky - If the Betaine HCL with the Pepsin fails, try some Lecithin (which will thin out the bile)...About 60% of reflux is caused by bile congestion.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:30 am

Renky,

Take the Betaine HCL w/every meal. I take it sometimes up to 15 minutes before eating. Most of the time right before a meal.

I just posted in another thread that I use Culturelle Probiotic, Kefir (unsweetened from Trader Joe's), Symbiotics Colostrum and Betaine HCL (w/every meal). This combo has my digestion in top shape and I no longer have reflux. When I drop Betaine reflux returns. Sugar, actually, causes my worst acid in my stomach.

The other, obvious, thing here is to stop eating right before you go to bed. Give yourself at least 2 hours. Laying down while your body is still working on digesting food is recipe for reflux.

If you slip up and eat late and lay down, try to lay on your left side so your stomach is facing the way it needs to in order to best empty it's contents.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:13 am

drink water.. lots and lots of water...
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 am

Thanks for your replies...

I tried the Lecithin too. Maybe I just haven't been taking these supplements correctly?

I usually stop eating around 3 hours before bed time and then right before bead have a whey shake with Vitamin C and Immune Boost.

I mostly drink water and have the very occasional soda.

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 am

I want to comment about the drink lots of water comment.....

Hydration without minerals is not hydrating well. Negatively charged minerals salts improve the production of HCL.

Consider adding mineral salts to your water...enough to improve the taste.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down