Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease

+3
crincrin
CausticSymmetry
AboDi
7 posters

Go down

O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  Empty O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease

Post  AboDi Tue May 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi all,

My brother (24 yrs) was diagnosed with GERD and the doctor prescribed to him (Pantozol 40 mg x2) and (Zantac 150 mg) continuously for 3 months,

Now this ailment is bothering him and I opposed the use of prescribed pharmaceuticals for this long,

Are those drugs are detrimental and what's the natural approach to GERD ?

Thanks in advance,

AboDi

Back to top Go down

O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  Empty Re: O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 21, 2014 6:49 am

AboDi wrote:Hi all,

My brother (24 yrs) was diagnosed with GERD and the doctor prescribed to him (Pantozol 40 mg x2) and (Zantac 150 mg) continuously for 3 months,

Now this ailment is bothering him and I opposed the use of prescribed pharmaceuticals for this long,

Are those drugs are detrimental and what's the natural approach to GERD ?

Thanks in advance,

Here is an old article I wrote that might help explain why these drugs are not really solving the problem.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/1762722-stomach-acid-is-essential-for-your-health

The clever part of the pharmaceutical approach is that often, the GERD sufferer becomes reliant on these drugs, which only exacerbate the problem.

The real solutions could be either eliminating trigger foods, or addressing SIBO or possibly increasing stomach acid.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease  Empty Re: O/T : Gastroesophageal reflux Disease

Post  AboDi Sun May 25, 2014 12:36 am

Hello CS,  Smile 

thanks for your post, brilliant articles as usual.

I'll urge him to cut off the drugs and experiment with glycine, betaine or glutamic acid hydrochloride, iodine and probiotics also

Is there any other supplements that could improve ones digestive system and/or increase gastric acids ?

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 25, 2014 6:53 am

AboDi wrote:Hello CS,  Smile 

thanks for your post, brilliant articles as usual.

I'll urge him to cut off the drugs and experiment with glycine, betaine or glutamic acid hydrochloride, iodine and probiotics also

Is there any other supplements that could improve ones digestive system and/or increase gastric acids ?

Yes, there are some other things that sometimes are needed to produce stomach acid. Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Zinc, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-phosphate) and iodine.

There are a lot of options and usually can narrow them down a little with more information.

Sometimes it is an allergy to wheat that causes the problem. Other times it could be (SIBO), small bacterial intestinal overgrowth. Or it could be an erosion of the lining, which could be helped by taking something called Zinc-Carnosine.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Sun May 25, 2014 9:56 am

Even mainstream doctors are starting to acknowledge that PPIs have long term side effects, possibly including cancer. He should lose weight if he's overweight. There are some simple things that work, like not eating too close to bedtime, eating smaller meals, and elevating the head of the bed. These don't take care of the root cause but they minimize symptoms and irritation. Untreated GERD is not healthy either.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Mon May 26, 2014 8:48 am

In my personal experience cleaning up the diet is the first step - no processed food and sugar.

Pomegranates are pretty powerful stuff for gastritis and GERD. Esp - the peel of the pomegranate. I had very bad gastritis a few months ago and someone advised me to eat pomegranates with the peel as well. The internal oil of the peel is very beneficial - its used to purify water in some countries as opposed to chlorination.

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Tue May 27, 2014 3:38 am

AboDi made some great suggestions. Another excellent suggestion is limonene. Look into the science, it's plentiful. Short and sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Thu May 29, 2014 6:49 am

strider, how many peels did you eat?

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:05 pm

fin gave me GERD  does he use fin?  Estrogen can cause GERD. does he use any other drugs.  gerds a common side of many drugs (apparnelt rare with fin... only met one other guy at HLH who also got bad GERD from fin)

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  strider7086 Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:50 am

fredounet - i eat a chunk of the peel but make it a habit to chew it and chow down the oil.

The oil is what's really beneficial. It is very strong and bitter so i usually can tolerate a small chunk.

strider7086

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down