Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
potassium chloride EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
potassium chloride EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
potassium chloride EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
potassium chloride EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
potassium chloride EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
potassium chloride EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
potassium chloride EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
potassium chloride EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
potassium chloride EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

potassium chloride

+8
MadGreek
nidhogge
NewReg
johnt
CausticSymmetry
thelibrarian
Crusher
europe
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

potassium chloride Empty potassium chloride

Post  europe Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:07 am

CS and others already who use it topically :

1) What can we expect in terms of benefits (sensations, inflammation, hairloss, aspect of hair etc.. ??) from potassium chloride ALONE in a godd non SLS shampoo for example.
So, how can we say that this shit works, and in which average of time ?

2) same question with the DMSO/lithium combo...

3) and last, using both will it act in a certain form of synergy , or what ?

Thanks guys !
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

potassium chloride Empty potassium chloride

Post  Crusher Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:17 am

Europe,

the topic 'potassium chloride' is absolutely brand-new for me.

As I have written before,
a single substance can't
fight hairloss and can't bring you regrowth. So your question is good, what could be the
synergy-effect (using potassium, lihtium, DSMO)?

Crusher

Back to top Go down

potassium chloride Empty Potassium chloride soak - getting it cheap!

Post  thelibrarian Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:41 pm

A very inexpensive way of getting potassium chloride to use transdermally is buying the 20 lb bags found in grocery stores. These are often in the section were the water purifier supplies are found.

I have also seen them at home depot.

It is pure potassium chloride in big chunks which I grind to a readily dissolved powder in a coffeee grinder.

Immortal, is there any potential danger to soaking in 100-200 grams of potassium chloride?
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

potassium chloride Empty Re: potassium chloride

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:20 pm

europe - Potassium Chloride is easy to apply, just lather it in on top of an SLS-free shampoo. I pour a few grams of it into my hand and rub it all over the scalp.

The cool sensation tells you it is absorbing.

Having used this with and without Lithium/DMSO, it doesn't seem to matter.

Magnesium and Potassium is a good tandem in theory. Most are magnesium deficient, in my case I have more or less saturated myself in magnesium, so I just take it orally.

The idea of potassium chloride is to reduce aldosterone, and increasing potassium into cells, thereby reducing GSK-3beta, which is probably accomplishing two things, increasing growth phase and inhibiting negative forces cause hair loss.

So far my early impression is that it's good. However, I am already fully protecting myself with internals.

Anyone on a tight budget should try this because the link between balding and elevated aldosterone levels is pretty significant (see this page http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm)

I get mine here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=777&at=0
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:28 pm

thelibrarian - In some individuals who have difficulty clearing out potassium would want to naturally avoid soaking themselves with it. Usually those with very severe kidney disease maybe cautious. Also anyone taking Spirolactone and/or other aldosterone blockers and/or potassium sparing diuretics, anyone with Addison's disease or taking prescription angiotensin receptor blockers.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 am

Hey, so can I just add it to my Lithium/DMSO shampoo?

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 am

johnt - It can be used with the Lithium/DMSO shampoo, but there absolutely no need to blend it. After applying the shampoo, pour a half a teaspoon or so of Potassium Chloride into your hand and lather it in along with the shampoo.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Does it have to be potassium chloride? What about citrate or aspartate?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm

NewReg - Both of these should probably work, but the way to tell is how your skin feels during the time you rub it into the skin. If you feel a cool sensation, it means it is getting through.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm thinking of trying this out http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=2339

Already in liquid form + mag.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 pm

That would be significantly cost prohibitive I think, at least with the idea of using it through the skin.

If you get Potassium Chloride, the cost is incredibly cheap, but in this form you're paying a lot for a lot less potassium.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 pm

I got the NOW Potassium Chloride and have used it a couple of times, but haven't felt any cooling sensation. I'm washing my hair with some raw/vegan shampoo, rinsing, then applying about a tablespoon of liquid MSM, and then massaging in a tablespoon of Potassium Chloride on top. Should I be using it in the shampoo phase over the conditioning phase? My idea was that the MSM would help it to absorb better...

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:03 pm

NewReg - I'm not sure how the MSM would affect the potassium chloride positively or negatively. Also a tablespoon is probably a little too much. Instead try lathering up with your shampoo, then pour about a half a teaspoon to a teaspoon worth (maximum) and massage it into the scalp without the MSM.

Note that the Potassium Chloride outcome is unknown and is experimental.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:48 am

I added the potassium chloride to my shampoo before application, and it dissolved immediately. Still no cooling sensation, but my scalp feels cleaner for sure. I'l keep you posted on my experience.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:16 am

The one thing I'd worry about in terms of mixing the Potassium Chloride with the shampoo is whether it will keep its stability or not. I agree that it ought to be applied to the scalp while you're already lathered up, separately.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:19 am

nidhogge wrote:The one thing I'd worry about in terms of mixing the Potassium Chloride with the shampoo is whether it will keep its stability or not. I agree that it ought to be applied to the scalp while you're already lathered up, separately.
I see. I misunderstood CS's reply. I'll try it that way.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  MadGreek Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Tried Potassium Chloride for the first time this morning. I had a burning or stinging sensation along with the cooling is this noramal?

MadGreek

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:23 pm

MadGreek - I have not experienced any stinging or burning. It's probably a good idea to make sure this is the dietary version and not for industrial purposes. Potassium chloride is often sold as a salt substitute.

Being that this is still a theory I do have a concern about this stuff but it has nothing to do with safety. My GF noticed I would get body odor, even immediately out of the shower.

I stopped taking the Potassium Chloride and the odor is gone. So unfortunately I cannot continue to use this. I'm not sure if this is just me or if this has happened to anyone else.

So with this said, please beware of this happens to you Potassium Chloride is the culprit. This is unfortunate as I had hope that this would work out.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MadGreek Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:32 pm

I got the dietary version from I herb from NOW Foods at IHerb. Will try again tomorrow the stining went away after I rinsed.

MadGreek

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:28 pm

CS - don't you prefer "drop" your GF instead ?

hair is priority man....
a good sense of humor too... ;-)
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:52 pm

CS - don't you prefer "drop" your GF instead ?

hair is priority man....
a good sense of humor too... ;-)

europe - LOL and that reminds of a point I intended to make earlier. I've mentioned on these pages before that when I used apple cider vinegar extract capsules, the exact same thing happened. I created body odor.

This is not from perspiration either, since sweat does not actually smell, but bacteria does. Is it possible that the potassium maybe killing the bacteria. Bacteria die if pH is either too high or too low and perhaps this odor comes from that. I wonder.

I am very curious to find out if this has occurred with anyone else. Strangely, many deodorants such as crystal salts contain potassium. Also, generally apple cider vinegar is known to improve body odor, so this is a real mystery to me.

Whatever the case, I can't use it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:53 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:MadGreek - I have not experienced any stinging or burning. It's probably a good idea to make sure this is the dietary version and not for industrial purposes. Potassium chloride is often sold as a salt substitute.

Being that this is still a theory I do have a concern about this stuff but it has nothing to do with safety. My GF noticed I would get body odor, even immediately out of the shower.

I stopped taking the Potassium Chloride and the odor is gone. So unfortunately I cannot continue to use this. I'm not sure if this is just me or if this has happened to anyone else.

So with this said, please beware of this happens to you Potassium Chloride is the culprit. This is unfortunate as I had hope that this would work out.

Cs, Just wondering, did you experience anything positive with potassium chloride ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Nuada - I did not use it long enough to give it a fair assessment, but I used it based on metro mentioning a possible different it has made for him, plus I had several reasons to believe it would work.

In theory it's probably a good thing, but well the body odor isn't worth it. I think my GF's sense of smell is very acute, but I'm not taking any chances.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Yeah, cons shouldn't overwhelm pros. if thats the case, it isn't worth it...

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:34 am

I've been using it for almost a week now and no body odor that I can perceive. I had noticed some body odor about a month ago, just after I started on ACV, but it has since passed.

I can tell you that I'm really digging the Potassium Chloride so far. I don't get the extreme cooling sensation others have remarked about -- and the first two days made my scalp kind of burn and itch -- but it has since give me a great-feeling scalp. It really feels "alive" if that makes any sense.

Also, I tend to vigorously massage in my shampoo and conditioner -- some times using my nails to scrape my scalp -- just to get the blood flowing. Most of my head deals very well with this, but my vertex has always been very sensitive to it. That area seems much less pliable and forgiving. However, this morning during my routine, I noticed that there was no over-sensitivity or pain like usual. I know that the idea behind the Potassium Chloride was to try to open up Potassium channels (whether that's happening has yet to be seen), but nevertheless, it seems to be giving me a healthier scalp. Too early to tell if this stuff can save or regrow hair. I'll keep you posted on my progress and/or any funny smells.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next