Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Potassium Chloride--electrolyte EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Potassium Chloride--electrolyte

+4
Metro
hapyman
zerx
Gibson
8 posters

Go down

Potassium Chloride--electrolyte Empty Potassium Chloride--electrolyte

Post  Gibson Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm

When potassium chloride caught a buzz on the forum, i got some. I never really implemented it, could find a practical use, until now.

I have always needed to use somewhat pricey electrolyte mixes, the powders that you add to water, like emergen-c, etc. Otherwise I would get light headed after working out or drinking a lot of caffeine, perspiring, or too much sun. Now i just add a quarter teaspoon of potassium chloride to a liter of seltzer, or water, and I am solid for the day, sipping/gulping, as necessary--at one hundredth the price.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Potassium Chloride--electrolyte Empty Re: Potassium Chloride--electrolyte

Post  zerx Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm

I've also found that KCl in water helps with athletics. But I've wondered if the addition of some other electrolytes could make the effect all that much better.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:42 am

You can also try a dash of Sea Salt to your water. Enough where you don't really taste it but enough where you are getting sodium and other trace minerals.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Metro Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 am

Great to hear this Gibson.
I also have done this . It's cheap and has positive effects on your workouts.

I gave the same advice to my father who lives in spain and is big long distance running fanatic.
He swore his sweating after a run was less (and spain is quite hot, he runs during the afternoon)

Also tested it on an overweight friend of mine during a skiing trip. he had more energy than ever before.

In my book minerals RULE!
KCl is great, but i also take the Calcium citrate and everybody's favorite Magnesium and Iodine.
as of lately i have tapered down my KCl intake.

Metro

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:23 am

Gibson wrote:When potassium chloride caught a buzz on the forum, i got some. I never really implemented it, could find a practical use, until now.

I have always needed to use somewhat pricey electrolyte mixes, the powders that you add to water, like emergen-c, etc. Otherwise I would get light headed after working out or drinking a lot of caffeine, perspiring, or too much sun. Now i just add a quarter teaspoon of potassium chloride to a liter of seltzer, or water, and I am solid for the day, sipping/gulping, as necessary--at one hundredth the price.

Gibson

I busted out the KCl a few days ago and decided to try it. I've drank 1/4 tspn a day. The first day no side-effects. Second day I felt some stomach upset. Third day I had moderate stomach upset followed by diarrhea.

I'm wondering if it's from too much K or just because of the Cl form? I feel better overall since starting it. My mood seems better, and my skin and eyes look really good/clear. If it is just the Cl causing the upset I would like to find a way to either avoid the sides or switch to another form of K. If it is too much K then maybe going down to 1/8 tspn would be good?

I wonder if drinking the K in small increments throughout the day would help?

On a related note, I saw that you prefer that stuff on amazon to Mg oil now? It just occurred to me that I could make a combo K/mg Cl topical. Anyone considered this?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 am

Gibson, that seems pretty good to me. Have you been using it? How has it been working?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:34 am

I've tried out Potassium Chloride topically. It felt amazing on my scalp as I would lather it on while shampooing and rinse if off.

The problem is that I would smell terribly--and have no idea. In any case, I didn't need it, but it felt great on the scalp.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:49 am

CS,

Yeah, I read how you had that experience in another thread... that's strange. Maybe I'll try some topically and see how it goes. What do you think is mostly likely causing the runs... the chloride or the K itself?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:14 am

Wow. I abandoned that stuff long ago. Turns out B vitamins were needed (now coenzyme b). Sorry, I don't have anything to add to the thread. I dropped it after like a week, or so. There was a guy named Metro who made some wild claims about it. That's probably what got me interested in the first place. But like I said, I never really incorporated it. Sorry guys.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:01 am

Paradox - I'm not sure, either your body is trying to rid the excess K or the chloride is causing a loosening.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:09 am

Yeah without a doubt. The chloride can cause loose stools. That's definitely one reason I never incorporated it.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks guys, I think it's the chloride. I divided the 1/4 tspn into two 1/8 doses yesterday and there was no problem. I may still try it topically.

What do you think about mixing MgCl and KCl together as a topical?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:44 pm

but why potassium chloride and not potassium iodide? iodine seems the best element you could pick from the seventh column of the periodic table...
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down