Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous?

4 posters

Go down

Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? Empty Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous?

Post  hairisthickening Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi,

this may seem like a stupid question (and maybe it is) but can scalp exercises or massages be dangerous? We talk about all of this increase of blood flow to the head. But can this be dangerous? As in triggering a stroke or something along those lines? Just curious Smile Thanks

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous? Empty Re: Can Scalp Exercises Be Dangerous?

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:57 pm

I doubt it. Post sport massage to muscles actually reduces blood flow whenever the pressure of the massage is being applied, and after the massage it returns to normal. It is best to say that massage is improving the circulatory health of the area or the overall health of the area. It might not strictly speaking be increasing the liquid volume per area per second flow of blood in that area.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I am thinking about this again. But this time about the manual exercises. Like for instance I take the skin on my scalp and "bunch it up" to squeeze it together. Arn't I squeezing arteries together too when I do this? Just wondering if this could be dangerous or not? Seems like it could maybe?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I read indian head massages can be dangerous some times. Like if you have a blood clot somewhere up in the head it could break it loose. Hmmm....wondering if I should continue manual methods or not? Do you guys think there are some dangers?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Grub Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:34 pm

This is why we need some good instructional videos on how to massage correctly for hair loss. People who have had success should be able to help here.

Grub

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 am

I agree Grub. I am having success with manual methods I think. The weird thing is my hair has thickened since starting them but the receding continues I think. It seems like my hair does not noticably "minutrize" it just falls out. Because my hair around my temples looks thick yet the receding continues I think.

But I am scared that squeezing my scalp could be dangerous in the long term. I squeeze and bunch up my scalp from left to right and from front to back. I feel like this "prevents" my scalp from tightning. It makes sense if you get a mental image in your head and think about it. Instead of pulling from the front and back to make the scalp tighter I push from both sides to "scrunch" up the scalp if that makes sense. But is this safe?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:37 am

hairisthickening wrote:I agree Grub. I am having success with manual methods I think. The weird thing is my hair has thickened since starting them but the receding continues I think. It seems like my hair does not noticably "minutrize" it just falls out. Because my hair around my temples looks thick yet the receding continues I think.

But I am scared that squeezing my scalp could be dangerous in the long term. I squeeze and bunch up my scalp from left to right and from front to back. I feel like this "prevents" my scalp from tightning. It makes sense if you get a mental image in your head and think about it. Instead of pulling from the front and back to make the scalp tighter I push from both sides to "scrunch" up the scalp if that makes sense. But is this safe?

I'm following a massage method of my own combined with the malinak method. On a few ocasions from my pulling & what not, I developed a nasty pain on my hairline, so bad that I may have to take a break from the massages, so maybe your right, there could be indeed some dangers associated with the manipulation of the scalp area.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down