Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises

+7
Hali-L
sanderson
jadielle
Amaranthaceae
HairSeeker
GreenPower
mphatesmpb
11 posters

Go down

Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises Empty Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 am

IH, do you have an opinion regarding Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises (or, the SE, as he calls it on his website www.hairloss-reversible.com)? Has anyone had any success with them?

I have been doing them for about 4 and a half months now and I think I see some vellus hair growth and a few pigmented hairs, but I am wondering if they were already there.

-mikhail
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises Empty Re: Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises

Post  GreenPower Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:34 pm

No dude, I have not noticed anything with them. I've been doing them since February, like 3 times a day everyday. Haven t noticed anything.

They take away the itch only while i do them, once I stop, the itch just comes back. I still do them all the time and i'm not giving up but i don't think its enough to fight hair loss.

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:57 pm

I tried this for about three months and saw no results at all. Nothing! Just another crazy idea that happened to work for a few guys, or did it. I guess we just have to take their word for it.

Oh, I also tried the top six for at least six months and again, NOTHING. As a matter of fact, my hair is worse and it's been slowly declining. Also tried iodine, LLLT, essential oils, Scalpure, you name it and I’ve probably tried it. Oh yeah, of course we have to add Propecia and Rogain to the list.

In my case, nothing will slow down this dreaded curse called male pattern hair loss.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 pm

GreenPower,
You wrote that you do the exercises three times per day. How long is each of the three sessions? I do the exercises about 1-2 hours per day - pretty much whenever I'm walking or taking public transportation. Did you accompany the exercises with changes in diet and lifestyle? How old are you and what is the extent of your hair loss?

The fact that the exercises eliminate the itching suggests that they have an anti-inflammatory effect.

HairSeeker,
I think 3 months is not enough time to conclude that a particular treatment is ineffective.

-MP
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:03 am

mphatesmpb wrote:GreenPower,
You wrote that you do the exercises three times per day. How long is each of the three sessions? I do the exercises about 1-2 hours per day - pretty much whenever I'm walking or taking public transportation. Did you accompany the exercises with changes in diet and lifestyle? How old are you and what is the extent of your hair loss?
-MP

Honestly its become second nature for me to do these exercises. I do them just as long as you; i'll do them when i wake up, anytime i drive, during lectures, at home, even when i'm out drinking lol (but when i'm drunk i never feel an itch). But before i was on a strict routine, i did 10 minutes of occlusion training and then 15 minutes just normal exercises, and last minute upside down. They are/did not work for me.

There maybe be one thing that could be the reason that I saw no change; I didn't change up my diet till I saw this site, which was 2 months ago. I'm virtually eating no carbs (except for potatoes,and the odd time ill have a pita) anymore and I'm supplementing along with the exercises.

I'm 20, and I started to lose my hair once the stress of university got to me. I have diffuse hair loss and a little on the temples. My hair is so dispersed and thin that i cannot look at a mirror.

The worst thing about my situation is that neither my mom or dad are bald, both have full heads of hair with no recession at all

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:11 am

In public transportation? .. I guess you dont mind people think you are a nutcase

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:49 am

Green Power,

I am 21, and I also think my hair loss was instigated by university stress, though I am also genetically pre-disposed. I have slight recession at my temples, and I think there might be some thinning in the frontal region as well. I also try my best to avoid the mirror.

I've changed my diet completely. I eat lots of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. I try to avoid foods that have high glycemic indices, and I have completely cut out refined sugars. The only processed foods I consume are odwalla bars and clif bars, which I think are acceptable health-wise after having examined their ingredients lists. I am also taking a full spectrum vitamin E supplement, which includes about 60 mg of tocotrienols. I take the capsule with a tablespoon of sesame seeds because I've read that a compound in sesame seeds enhances the absorption of tocotrienols.

I think you should continue to do the exercises because they get rid of the itching. In the context of AGA, itching usually suggests that microinflammation is happening in your hair follicles. So even if you are not experiencing any regrowth from the scalp exercises, maybe they are preventing further loss. I also suggest supplementing with tocotrienols, since there have been at least two studies showing that they have a positive effect on hair loss. Researchers also believe that the positive effect of tocotrienols is through their reduction of oxidative stress (which leads to inflammation, I think) in the scalp. Also maybe you should consider adding Nizoral to your regimen.

-MP

mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:50 am

cpio,
I try to sit in a seat such that nobody can see me.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises Empty scalp exercise

Post  jadielle Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:00 am

Sorry to revive such a dated topic ... but does this work ? I have been trying to gain control of these muscles for years, all to no avail Sad
jadielle
jadielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 am

Tried them for 9 months, did nothing at all.

Back to top Go down

Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises Empty scalp exercise

Post  jadielle Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:42 am

Ok, thanks.
jadielle
jadielle

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:54 am

Although it seems like some people here didn't have success with it, it seems like this guy has at least something going for him. Check out the pic of him here: http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_three.htm The dude is 74 years old.. he looks pretty good for 74 i'd say just from the way his face looks, no wrinkles.

He has all these face exercises that he does besides just the scalp exercise (exercise 5). I wonder if the combination of all exercises for the face improves the blood flow to the scalp. After reading another post here on how botox injections brought regrowth to the scalp by making it less tight, I felt my own scalp feeling very tight when I tried to rub it. I'm going to try to go through all these guys exercises and keep blood flowing to the scalp.

At least if it doesn't work.. it would be nice having no wrinkles as I age.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:56 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:Tried them for 9 months, did nothing at all.

FredtheBelgian wrote:About T. Hagerty's scalp exericises, same for me, last week, I had forgotten my little brush when I went to the movies and my head was itching a lot, so I remembered to little scalp exercises and started doing them before the beginning of the movie. After 5-10 minutes of the SE, my itching was gone. Even if it doesn't help hair loss (well I don't know in fact), it certainly helps with itching .

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6131p15-getting-some-regrowth-for-real-and-really-fast#59860
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:53 pm

sanderson wrote:
FredtheBelgian wrote:Tried them for 9 months, did nothing at all.

FredtheBelgian wrote:About T. Hagerty's scalp exericises, same for me, last week, I had forgotten my little brush when I went to the movies and my head was itching a lot, so I remembered to little scalp exercises and started doing them before the beginning of the movie. After 5-10 minutes of the SE, my itching was gone. Even if it doesn't help hair loss (well I don't know in fact), it certainly helps with itching .

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6131p15-getting-some-regrowth-for-real-and-really-fast#59860

Ha you sure don't miss much Smile

I'll second fred's more positive post. The exercises certainly help me with the itch when I was doing them.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:52 pm

I am thinking about these exercises as preliminary stage right before needling.
Can anyone post a link that shows them?
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:38 pm

panoslydios wrote:I am thinking about these exercises as preliminary stage right before needling.
Can anyone post a link that shows them?

http://www.shapeyourface.com/exercise_five.htm

Or you can buy his DVD as well. I bought it and I thought it was really good.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Franklin' Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 am

I've been doing the exercise for about 3 months now and noticed that my hair loss has, in fact, got worse. My hair has become "weaker", and this includes not only the thinning hair in the usual MPB pattern, but actually all of my hair. It feels weightless, a gust of wind can completely mess it up. While this could probably be caused by my hypothyroidism or stress or seasonal vitamin deficiency, I'd like to know if anybody here has experienced similar effects after starting the exercise. Is it possible for the exercise to do harm? Like, the supposed increased blood flow to the scalp could somehow also increase the DHT activity in the follicles?

Franklin'

Back to top Go down

Tom Hagerty's Scalp Exercises Empty Conan battling it out

Post  jlj Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Laughing

jlj

Back to top Go down

Post  Franklin' Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:33 pm

jlj wrote:

Laughing

Jokes aside, they both have receding hairlines. The guest dude was kinda NW 2,5 even in that headshot, which I assume is from about 10 years ago, and he hasn't receded further since then. What if some sort of scalp movement technique is actually a big anti-hairloss thing in the entertainment industry? #staywoke

Franklin'

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:46 am

Here is my belief on hair loss products/ methods etc

If you have hypothyroidism, nothing will work.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu May 12, 2016 7:32 am

what is the main scalp exercise ?

From my understanding , it is

raise the eyebrows
wink each eye
place fingers on skin just below eye

and be aware of each muscle moving

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down