Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss

+3
goten574
iuyyighghghgkh
Xenon
7 posters

Go down

Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss Empty Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss

Post  Xenon Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:21 pm

I was looking at my receded temples under a certain angle of light, and I noticed that the skin was very shiny and seemed to be void of pore openings, as compared to the skin directly next to it. So I took some tissue and wiped the skin, and I immediately noticed that the skin was no longer shiny, and I could see the pore openings. So, what I previously thought was, that the skin was shiny because the skin was tighter, but this not the case. The skin appeared tighter because sebum causes it to look shiny.

Within a couple of minutes of wiping the area the skin started to become shiny and greasy again.

The follicle themselves are not clogged, sebaceous glands exist within the follicle wall and secrete oil onto the surface. I do believe that sebum build up can affect hair growth because of the pro-inflammatory fungi / bacterium which feed on it, but I believe that there is a deeper underlying cause which causes follicles to become more readily susceptible to inflammation. The fact is, anytime I feel inflammation (for whatever cause) it is always in the balding areas of the scalp.

Now something else I want to touch upon (which I think is the underlying cause); if we also look at our scalps under a certain angle of light we can see very tiny vellous hair which resembles peach fuzz. So, why is it, that these hairs still remain and have not disappeared altogether? Additionally, why is it that they remain only at a certain length and grow no more? If we look at body hair, it is programmed to grow only to a certain length, but no more than that. So, the peach fuzz on the scalp must be programmed to remain in a miniaturized state and remains permanently in the telogen phase. The fact that these vellous hairs remain, tells me that they are in stand by mode, in case they need to regrow again. If this was not the case, then the papilla itself would have been destroyed, but this is not true -- only the terminal hair producing cells of the matrix are subject to inflammation.

Again, look at many cases of anorexia -- anorexics develop a hirsute condition called Lanugo which manifests in response to decreased subcutaneous tissue, which results in decreased body temperature. When the body cannot regulate it's temperature well (in this case warming up) it begins to burn up fat beneath the tissue to provide warmth. When this tissue has been depleted in anorexics the body cannot warm up to core temperature, so it starts to develop thick terminal hair in in attempt to retain body heat.

So, prior to the anorexics hair becoming thicker and darker, it too was in the telogen phase -- just like the miniaturized hair on our heads, yet cold temperatures then caused them to start becoming terminal. Therefore, the papilla - under cold conditions - begins to develop an outer matrix containing keratinocytes and melanocytes. If this happens under cold conditions, then why would it not happen with the hair on our head? Again, I think that these miniaturized scalp hairs on on stand by, in case they ever need to regrow again.

I think that we have hair on our heads to protect the brain from cold. Emissary vein which permeate the skull generally cause cold venous blood to re-enter the brain so it can be cooled. When these veins are exposed to too much cold, then too much cold blood will enter the brain and cause it's temperature to drop considerably. And vice versa, when too much heat enters the scalp, we start to sweat profusely so that heat can be released and allow the brain temperature to become stable. it's believed that sweating helps to cool the venous blood which re-enters the brain. This is why we sweat so heavily from the temples and the crown area, as it's in these very locations where the emissary veins exist.

So, as we see with anorexics, cold tissue causes hair to regrow, as hair retains body heat, and as we have also seen when tissue is exposed to too much heat, hair begins to shrink. Can that be coincidence?

IMO, I think that when the tissue of the scalp becomes overheated via metabolic heat, then the brain is also at risk of overheating, this then causes the immune system to attack the matrix region of the papilla, so that hair can shrink and allow heat to be released in a far more efficient manner. And reversely so, I think that if the scalp is continuously exposed to cold temperatures, then - like Lanugo in anorexics - hair will then regrow, as the body will need to do all it can in an effort to retain heat and stop the brain from plummeting to dangerously low temperatures. I also think that adipose tissue will increase, as this is another measure the body resorts to in order for the body to keep warm.

It makes sense when you consider all of the evidence, but I think that this method will cause things to get worse before they get better (shedding like with the boar brushing method).

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss Empty Re: Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss

Post  Xenon Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:32 pm

I'd also like to add something else; I think that the hair and thick subcutaenous fat in the non-galea areas (the hair at the lower back and sides of our heads) exists to provide insulation to the very muscles in which they are situated upon. This, I believe, is to provide warmth in order to prevent cold muscle cramps. And this is why the hair follicles in these locations are not targeted for inflammation.

The hair at the top of our scalps likely exists to provide insulation to the brain, but the brain can become susceptible to overheating, so these follicles are likely catabolized, and fat layers are depleted, in order to provide more efficient brain cooling.

ETA: I also think that capillaries which have either suffered from compression or clogging can cause heightened heat retention, which can speed up the hair loss process.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss Empty Re: Shiny scalp, sebum; scalp overheating and hairloss

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:49 pm

very well written.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:34 am

I believe the shinyness of the scalp is a fibrosis, (not be confused with calcification),  
a microscopic "injury repair mechanism" when the follicles come under stress, namely

tgf beta 1
Cortisol <>
Prolactin <>
Estrogen <>
Serotonin

Think of fibrosis as a recovery device. Like cirrhosis of the liver,

excess collagen is deposited to protect it, via tgf beta 1 .
basically imagine cirrhosis of the liver , collagen is dumped onto the liver to protect it.

To reverse it, I believe taurine and zinc are necessary, with p5p . Maybe, MSM, but maybe not.

p34 in " hair like a fox ".
mucopolysaccharides found blocking hair follicles in one hair loss theory
mucopolysaccharides put simply, to imagine it, the white stuff on your gums that builds up in unhealthy people
now imagine that under your skin or arteries

mucopolysaccharides may be fibrosis/excess collagen deposits, may be arterial plaque ?
I don't know.
however

k2,
lysine/vitamin c can remove it.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Any more thought on your topic xenon? I tend to overheat easily, sweating in temperatures that other people don't. I am now getting a shinny scalp and my hair is extremely thin at the front. I really feel body heat and hair loss are linked.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:23 pm

goten574 wrote:Any more thought on your topic xenon? I tend to overheat easily, sweating in temperatures that other people don't. I am now getting a shinny scalp and my hair is extremely thin at the front. I really feel body heat and hair loss are linked.

I put this theory on a back burner because I can't make full sense of it, despite exploring it to some depth. Also, the hot flashes I suffered from for years have disappeared. I think they might have been caused by the ketodiet I was on for years, too, because these diets cause dehydration and promote rapid fat burning, which, I've read, cause the body to generate more heat (likely the brain also).

The most plausible explanation, for me, was the 'venous radiator theory'. The premise is, that the scalp is designed to overheat so it can rapidly produce sweat to cool venous blood, which then passes through skull sinuses and reduces brain temperature. The theory also proposes that hair is lost to help the brain cool faster.

It sounds nice and neat, but where does DHT, compression, and everything else, discussed, fit in here? It's all such a mind fuck, that I'd prefer to just put the lid on it for the time being.

FWIW; danthethinningman, brabus and more reported the same things from overheating, too, but I just don't know what the exact issue is here.

Edit: also take into account that the scalp cooling experiments caused inflammation and rapid shedding.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  gorilla_power Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:01 am

Guys its really simple.
A region of the body is overheating when is clogged up and cant breath.
We have to go again to the acid side of chemistry which causes inflammation.
This inflammation is being buffered by calcium .And we have a calcified tissue with stagnant lymph
that gives this shiny appearance .This region cant breathe so when there are more acids in the body and come from exercise or other reasons the area overheats.Its really simple.

Guasha,DT externally will gradually make the area breathe again if someone
doesnt care about lifestyle.

gorilla_power

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:50 am

So what to do gorill? What is DT? And Guash? When I overheat, I sweat mainly in my back. I can walk 25 minutes in cold, windy weather with a coat on and I begin to sweat. Even if I'm not sweating at the 20/25 minutes mark, and I stop walking I would start to sweat still when I'm stationary. The only my way to avoid this is to walk without a coat on which looks odd when it's cold and windy.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Elephanto Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 am

If one has all the characteristics listed (overheating, poor blood flow, poor calcium retention etc) but not the right skull shape/growth that prevents blood flow to the areas of the horseshoe pattern, he simply won't lose hair. Remember you didnt have this problem when you were a kid, as you grew older (dht and growth hormone increases a LOT during puberty) your skull grew more and once a certain point where the growth was significant enough, blood couldn't flow. Now lets say you get blood flow back to the best you can, the fact that the skull has grown in a certain way makes it simply impossible to have blood flow in certain areas, so in 99% of cases you will never regrow a perfect hairline (except in the case of diffuse thining which is different from people having the clear pattern of horseshoe) and it won't stop the hair loss.

The fact is, even when this is took care of, there's still your skull blocking a certain part, and as time passes, that skull is still growing. This is why we should look at it in a preventive manner, to first stop skull growth. Why does blocking DHT with fin usually halt hair loss, because dht PROMOTES SKULL GROWTH. Why is it not enough in some cases ? Because growth hormone also promotes it, which is promoted by constant low insulin, estrogen, and other stuff. and dht was blocking estrogen while you had it high, so here were go.

Otherwise Xenon, I want you to provide a reason why blood flow is restricted to a clear pattern of horseshoe. You haven't. We are compressing the top of our head with the pillow but the blood is first cut out at the front, if only compression did it, then we would expect hair loss to happen above the gallea but everywhere, instead of the horseshoe pattern when it starts. This doesn't happen for people with square heads, or for people with so low dht and growth hormone that their skull never change.

This is not a situation of black or white. We take care of inflammation, but we also need to take care of skull growth. Once those two are halted, we'll talk about the possibility of reducing the skull. I want you guys to help me and I want to help you, we need to worry about skull growth. Once this is stopped, we have all the time to take care of inflammation/lack of blood flow which I believe all damage from it is irreversible. Skull growth probably isn't. Think about inflammation once you know for sure that your skull is not growing anymore. I'm not saying nothing in this thread is relevant, but we need to see how what we share in common correlates to skull growth.

Elephanto

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:16 am

Otherwise Xenon, I want you to provide a reason why blood flow is restricted to a clear pattern of horseshoe. You haven't. We are compressing the top of our head with the pillow but the blood is first cut out at the front, if only compression did it, then we would expect hair loss to happen above the gallea but everywhere, instead of the horseshoe pattern when it starts. This doesn't happen for people with square heads, or for people with so low dht and growth hormone that their skull never change

WTF are you talking about? Where did I say that pillow compression alone is responsible for restricting bloodflow? you seriously think I'm not aware of the expanded skull adding to this compression problem? lol why not read through some of my 1000+ posts before making foolish assumptions.

ETA: the pillow pressure is localized to the side of the head when sleeping on the sides, in the same way pressure is focused on the back of the head when sleeping on the back. Now if I slept doing a headstand, then, yes, the pressure is concentrated upon the top of the head.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:30 am

I can attest to overheating as well. I'm comfortable in chilly temperatures where my friends have sweaters on and I have a t-shirt. My girlfriend always says how I'm like a furnace and give off a load of body heat. I remember having cold hands and feet for a while (16 or younger to just about last year at 23.) I feel diet has helped tremendously, but I still overheat in so many situations. My only hair loss is at the temples.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:40 am

^^the heat issue might be causing compressed / hardened capillaries to rupture due to too much blood pressure. I'm not talking systemic blood pressure, rather blood pressure localized to the scalp. Heat has a vasodilatory effect, but too much might cause certain constricted vessels to burst.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:10 am

What specially can people who overheat do to have a more normal body temperature. I too have been described as a heater when it's cold. I wear t-shirts in winter.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 am

goten574 wrote:What specially can people who overheat do to have a more normal body temperature. I too have been described as a heater when it's cold. I wear t-shirts in winter.

Here's something you might find of interest:

Pyrexia and Inflammation

Pyrexia (fever) means the elevation of body temperature above the normal range. It may be caused by abnormalities in the brain itself or by toxic substances that affect the temperature regulating centers. Such causes include bacterial or viral infections, abnormalities as a brain tumor and/or a syndrome which causes a vicious cycle of heat production without heat loss, which may terminate in a heat stroke.

Normally, the temperature of the body is regulated almost entirely by nervous feedback mechanisms, and almost all of these operate through a temperature regulating center located in the hypothalamus at the base of the brain. Nerve receptors in the skin and spinal cord provide feedback that drives the body to either conserve heat (pilo-erection, or hairs standing on end), produce increased quantities of heat (shivering), or increase heat loss (sweating or panting). Changes in the heat regulating process are constantly undergoing modifications that go unnoticed. In other words, heat regulation is not a static process but an ever-moving one that is important to normal body function.

Substances that may cause the "set point" of the hypothalamic thermostat to rise are called pyrogens. Many proteins, breakdown products of proteins, and certain other substances, such as lipopolysaccharide toxins (LPS or endotoxin) secreted by bacteria, can act as pyrogens. It is pyrogens secreted by toxic bacteria or pyrogens released from degenerating tissues of the body that cause fever during disease conditions. Pyrogens are extremely potent since as little as a few nanograms (nano = one billionth) injected into animals can cause a fever.

There is some debate on how pyrogens affect temperature regulation in the hypothalmus. Some feel that there is a direct effect while others feel it is an indirect effect through byproducts of macrophages and lymphocytes destroyed by ingesting toxic products. These dying white blood cells (WBC) release an "endogenous pyrogen" which then affects the hypothalmus. Regardless of the method, it is the change in the hypothalamic thermostat that induces a fever.

Full article: http://www.banamine.com/research/PyrexiaInflammation.asp
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Gavin29 Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Well dear I just use best products on my skin. Once I consulted to doctor to dermatologist about my skin irritation and my hair loss problem. Then he suggested me to use toppik products, and you know I search online for toppik reviews first before buy those.

Gavin29

http://www.folica.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down