Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyToday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
I think I'm a night-time mouth breather EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I think I'm a night-time mouth breather

4 posters

Go down

I think I'm a night-time mouth breather Empty I think I'm a night-time mouth breather

Post  granger451 Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:34 am

I wake up with an a dryish mouth and irritated teeth. Does anyone have any experience and/or good solutions to correct this?
granger451
granger451

Back to top Go down

I think I'm a night-time mouth breather Empty Re: I think I'm a night-time mouth breather

Post  nidhogge Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:21 pm

granger--

Me too!

Here are my thoughts/recommendations...

1) Reduce mucous-forming foods. If our bodies (when unconscious) are not getting enough oxygen through the nose, then we'll breathe in through our mouths. If we have mucous in our noses (ie. - slightly stuffy nose), then this may result in breathing through the mouth. Dairy and Sweets are the #1 culprits for mucous formation.

2) Get a good humidifier for your bedroom. Especially in the dryer months like we're going through now...I have to follow my own advice on this one!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

I think I'm a night-time mouth breather Empty Re: I think I'm a night-time mouth breather

Post  lambyjay Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 am

more than likely your not producing enough saliva. Apparently related to a disfunctional thyroid.
I have always been a mouth breather and my pillow was always wet in the morning.
However my mouth got dry coinciding with a number of problems and mouth was like the sahara desert every morning.

Insufficient saliva brings a number of problems. Your allowing bacteria to live and there is no saliva to neutralise acid from your food.

Im not free from this yet but things that have definitely helped are eating yoghurt, highly alkaline green smoothies, bicarbonate of soda/sea salt mouthwash and oil pulling.

nidhogges suggestion of mucus forming foods may be true but i usually have some lemon juice/acv before bed (before oil pulling/brushing) so this would help to break up any mucus i think.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:52 am

I have this issue also. This thread prompted me to do a search, found good info at earthclinic. I am particularly interested in these posts so far:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/dry-mouth.html

[YEA] 10/06/2009: Karen from Alpharetta, Georgia writes: "Dry Mouth Cured With Vit E Carotene

I couldn't sleep and I would cough because my mouth was so dry. I had to drink water all night. Vit. E and Vitamin A (carotene) has alleviated the symptoms almost completely. My eyes aren't as dry either. Vit E (400) in the dry form is more effective and it enhances the effectiveness of the Vit. A.(25,000) I tried Vit A (carotene) alone and it didn't work. It needs the help of vitamin E. I take it every day."
Replies

11/18/2011: Rebecca from Chicago, Illinois replies: "Yes, vitamin E works wonders for a dry mouth! Try swishing a tablespoon of vitamin E around in your mouth for 5 minutes the way Ted suggests for oil pulling - so basically you are oil pulling with liquid Vitamin E! I felt better after the very first time. I don't know that I would do this all the time because it's a pretty large amount of vitamin E you're getting! I know I can't mention brands but the kind I get is a in liquid form called E-gems."
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down