Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Diet advice and opinon needed.... EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Diet advice and opinon needed....

+12
Smurfy
sdguy
hadrion
tooyoung
tonyj
CausticSymmetry
pancacke
abc123
crincrin
imprisoned-radical
Hoppipolla
jeruslan
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Diet advice and opinon needed.... Empty Diet advice and opinon needed....

Post  jeruslan Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 am

Hi guys...

I do not want to make redundant thread, but I want to know Your opinions on this issue.
I have been reviewing my life from the diet perspective and found out, that there are two groups of food, I have never abandoned.
1. Dairy products and milk
2. Grains

My symptoms (hair thining) grow worse, so I think it is time for real fight back.
Do You guys think, that one of the listed food types might be the culprit of my problems?

And, now a days, I noticed that a lot of dandruff fall out of my scalp. I think, it started as I introduced Molasses Black Strap to my diet. Also, I have great weakness for sweet foods, so I eat a lot of honey. Do You think, that these carbs may interfere with my dandruff?

Thank You for Your input...

Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Diet advice and opinon needed.... Empty Re: Diet advice and opinon needed....

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 am

Fruit and greens! Fruit and greens!! ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 am

And, now a days, I noticed that a lot of dandruff fall out of my scalp.

IMO, dandruff is almost certainly an indication of gut problems. Dandruff is caused by an imbalance in the composition of the scalp microflora. Topical anti-microbials would probably be effective, but it's sort of a "band-aid" approach. The real solution would be fixing the gut.

Do you drink alcohol? Based on my research, it seems that drinking alcohol is probably the best way to wreck your intestines.

I think sensitivity to foods varies significantly on an individual basis, so it's difficult to conclude that dairy/grains are causing the particular problems that you're facing. But I've read that sensitivities to grains and dairy are the most prevalent. Some people claim that milk causes a problems only if it's from grain-fed cows...something about how the milk contains problematic proteins from grains. Not proven, but it seems possible.

I've been reading quite a bit about this stuff, and I think the best way to identify food sensitivities is experimentation.

Unfortunately it's also difficult. The major problem with this approach (for me) is psychosomatic in nature. I'll read an article about how a particular food can be problematic with regard to various health issues, and then I start imagining that I have a sensitivity to it.

It seems plausible that fixing the gut will remove food sensitivities though, but this hasn't been proven.

Honey is beneficial if anything.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:11 am

I agree mp, you can't always trust your own impression of your symptoms.

Another problem is that experimenting with eliminating foods can take a long time. For example, in one study, it took 6 months of gluten avoidance to see a drop in antithyroid antibodies. And (presumably) since the pathological response to gluten is mediated by the adaptive immune system, even a small amount of gluten in the diet can negate the effects of general gluten avoidance - ie, you have to be extremely strict or it might not work.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 am

crincrin wrote:I agree mp, you can't always trust your own impression of your symptoms.

Another problem is that experimenting with eliminating foods can take a long time. For example, in one study, it took 6 months of gluten avoidance to see a drop in antithyroid antibodies. And (presumably) since the pathological response to gluten is mediated by the adaptive immune system, even a small amount of gluten in the diet can negate the effects of general gluten avoidance - ie, you have to be extremely strict or it might not work.

Hard but doable, even celiacs can tolerate 20mg-100mg of gluten.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

-no soy
-no processed food(or less)
-no vegetable oil for cooking
-pure water
-good cookware

The rest is up for debate.....I think most can only tolerate fermented milk and shouldn't eat to much starches and carbs in general.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 am

Wanted to link to an 811 vid Smile

I think the confusion about diet is a bit crazy to be honest.

IMO just eat loads and loads of fruit and greens, and occasional nuts, seeds, avocadoes, coconuts, olives, and other fruity fatty food, but in serious moderation.

Hope that helps! ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:20 am

Hoppi,

Since you've already uncovered the mysteries of diet, metabolism, and health...why not let us average people figure out stuff our own way? Most of us don't have your exceptional breadth of knowledge and expertise on this subject.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:37 am

imprisoned-radical wrote:Hoppi,

Since you've already uncovered the mysteries of diet, metabolism, and health...why not let us average people figure out stuff our own way? Most of us don't have your exceptional breadth of knowledge and expertise on this subject.

Once again man, it's just my opinion Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 am

Hoppipolla wrote:

IMO just eat loads and loads of fruit and greens, and occasional nuts, seeds, avocadoes, coconuts, olives, and other fruity fatty food, but in serious moderation.

Hope that helps! ^^

Lol those 811 guys Smile! The more I've been eating a high carb fruit based diet the more I lose my taste for fat and protein. It's weird, a few months ago I was known to eat a kg of steak in one sitting, now I don't even like eating 100g of red meat. Just tastes too filling and gross. Fruit sugar just tastes so much better. I'm even losing my appetite for eggs and shellfish, but I still eat them.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:59 am

Hoppipolla wrote:

Hope that helps! ^^

Hoppi - I should point out that in your signature, you mentioned LDL cholesterol. Cholesterol, including the so-called "bad" cholesterol is not bad, it is a vital for immune and bacterial defense.
Mercury can either depress this level or elevate it. Cholesterol is a building block for hormones, and without it, there is no health.

Also, if I ate what you recommend, I would fall apart. I've been in this health racket a long time (longer than many people have been alive in this forum), and in my experience, most people during their initial learning process get caught up into veganism, and read all of the propaganda which is not supported by research. All people are different and have different metabolisms on glucose, protein and fat--it's just the way it is.

If diet were simple, everyone would thrive on the same diet--it's just not the case. How do I know this? Since the 1960's there's a wealth of data points on individual biochemistry with respect to macronutrient consumption.

One person's health diet is another persons health disaster.

This free test is usually quite reliable to get an idea of what sort of food will benefit a person.

http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/self_test.html

The quality of the dairy will matter--I only recommend Raw milk, and that is not always tolerated.
Grains can be a problem, it just depends.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 pm

abc123 Today at 3:28 pm

crincrin wrote:I agree mp, you can't always trust your own impression of your symptoms.

Do you mean gluten sensitive people or people who have intolerance to gluten? Celiacs have to be off gluten completely to have remission, even then remission is not possible for many celiacs on a strict gluten free diet.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:15 pm

tonyj wrote:
abc123 Today at 3:28 pm

Do you mean gluten sensitive people or people who have intolerance to gluten? Celiacs have to be off gluten completely to have remission, even then remission is not possible for many celiacs on a strict gluten free diet.

Celiacs. The research shows they can eat 20mg-100mg per day with no adverse reaction.

When a celiac doesn't recover on a strict gluten free diet, often they were just really bad at following it or there are other gut issues going on which keep leaky gut going.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

abc123 wrote:Lol those 811 guys Smile! The more I've been eating a high carb fruit based diet the more I lose my taste for fat and protein. It's weird, a few months ago I was known to eat a kg of steak in one sitting, now I don't even like eating 100g of red meat. Just tastes too filling and gross. Fruit sugar just tastes so much better. I'm even losing my appetite for eggs and shellfish, but I still eat them.

That's interesting man, and I totally know what you mean!

I'm fasting atm as I may have mentioned just a for a few days to see how my body reacts, but when it's over I just can't WAIT to get back on the bananas, dates and other fruit! It's tremendously satisfying and makes me feel great!

I have heard countless stories of people completely overcoming their chronic health conditions on 811 raw veganism (including Candida, Crohn's, general IBS, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, weight issues, etc etc).
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:50 pm

CS - But then what about the fat that clogs arteries, or hinders the use of sugar by our cells?

Additionally it does seem that at least the vast majority of people do very well on 811 as long as they follow the diet WELL!

And man... ok you know what.. I have an AMAZING idea!!

I would so love to see/hear a live debate between either you and Doug Graham or you and Durianrider! That would be intense!! Please please try to do it lol Smile

Hoppi ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:59 pm

CS - But then what about the fat that clogs arteries, or hinders the use of sugar by our cells?

Hoppi,

Fat doesn't clog your arteries. Even saturated fat, which is solid at room temperature, is fluid in your body. To the best of my understanding, atherosclerotic lesions are formed when macrophages in the vascular endothelium endocytose oxidized LDL particles. The process is way more complex than that BS propaganda produced by promoters of low-fat vegan diets.

The advertisements for cholesterol-lowering pharmaceuticals all feature simplistic computer-generated animations of "sticky" lipids which accumulate in blood vessels. We've all been brainwashed by this crap.

There is a proven correlation between saturated fat intake and serum cholesterol levels, but LDL particles which are not damaged by oxidation do not have an atherogenic effect.

IMO, antioxidant status is one of the more important factors determining CVD risk. I've read studies about how serum antioxidants can prevent the oxidation of lipids in circulation, and these were pretty convincing.

Only free fatty acids inhibit the action of insulin, and release of free fatty acids is caused by stress and uncontrolled swings in blood sugar.

Last edited by imprisoned-radical on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Hoppi - There's isn't a shred of saturated fat in the arteries--none whatsoever.

All those old debates with you know who in the past, had lots of evidence about saturated fat not being bad.

By the way, iodine is one of the best ways to prevent a clogged artery, this was proven a 100 years ago.

Also, you might find this article interesting:

http://healthyfixx.com/42/clogged-arteries-do-not-cause-heart-attacks

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Hoppipolla Today at 6:44 pm

abc123 wrote:Lol those 811 guys Smile! The more I've been eating a high carb fruit based diet the more I lose my taste for fat and protein. It's weird, a few months ago I was known to eat a kg of steak in one sitting, now I don't even like eating 100g of red meat. Just tastes too filling and gross. Fruit sugar just tastes so much better. I'm even losing my appetite for eggs and shellfish, but I still eat them.

I'm fasting atm as I may have mentioned just a for a few days to see how my body reacts, but when it's over I just can't WAIT to get back on the bananas, dates and other fruit! It's tremendously satisfying and makes me feel great!.

This is beginning to sound vaguely familiar. You're not talking about the morning banana diet are you? The same banana diet that swept Japan back in 2005?

I have heard countless stories of people completely overcoming their chronic health conditions on 811 raw veganism (including Candida, Crohn's, general IBS, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, weight issues, etc etc).
I believe Candida is chronic problem for people on a long term raw vegan diet.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

Very short vid on the topic of different food for different people or groups of people Smile

Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:12 pm

tonyj wrote:
Hoppipolla Today at 6:44 pm

I'm fasting atm as I may have mentioned just a for a few days to see how my body reacts, but when it's over I just can't WAIT to get back on the bananas, dates and other fruit! It's tremendously satisfying and makes me feel great!.

This is beginning to sound vaguely familiar. You're not talking about the morning banana diet are you? The same banana diet that swept Japan back in 2005?

I believe Candida is chronic problem for people on a long term raw vegan diet.

No I'm not referring to that Japanese diet.

and 811 raw veganism is very different to standard raw veganism!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Hoppipolla wrote:Very short vid on the topic of different food for different people or groups of people Smile

Smile

Hair doesn't look the best.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 pm

tooyoung wrote:
Hoppipolla wrote:Very short vid on the topic of different food for different people or groups of people Smile

Smile

Hair doesn't look the best.

hehe yeah I know, but who knows his health history or anything. I mean he says himself he was on weightwatchers with his family for decades before he discovered and adapted 80/10/10.

Harley has great hair at 30 as do most people on hcrv diets.

Diet advice and opinon needed.... HarleyWithFreelee

Diet advice and opinon needed.... 164

Also for the record, Doug Graham is 58. Harley (Durianrider) is 32 I think.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Smile

This You might find interesting... We are not chipmanzee... Although I do love idea behind the raw veganism, I am affriad, it is not true. However, I do think, that one can maintain health on vegan diet.
Code:
http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2011/02/more-raw-truth-about-raw-vegan-diets.html
And another article from the same author. In this text he confess leaving paleo diet, despite 14 years of practicing it...
Code:
http://donmatesz.blogspot.com/2011/06/farewell-to-paleo.html

I am gonna try to go for vegan diet. I think, that meat contain much more nutrients than milk and if I skip meat, I can safely skip dairy as well. Maybe I will skip the eggs as well, but I like them a lot, so I will probably stick with them...
Thank You for Your inputs... I hope that the thrad will contintue to grow...

Have a pleasant day...
Thank You...

Jerusaln

jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:10 pm

jeruslan wrote:

Smile

This You might find interesting... We are not chipmanzee... Although I do love idea behind the raw veganism, I am affriad, it is not true. However, I do think, that one can maintain health on a vegan diet.

Why so quick to cast aside 811 raw veganism?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:42 am

Hoppipolla wrote:
jeruslan wrote:

Smile

This You might find interesting... We are not chipmanzee... Although I do love idea behind the raw veganism, I am affriad, it is not true. However, I do think, that one can maintain health on a vegan diet.

Why so quick to cast aside 811 raw veganism?

Read the article, I have listed in my previous post and You will find answer. Although, I will try raw vegan diet as soon as I get to my college (this sunday).
But only becouse there is a lot of food on market of home grown producers. I will report results...

And... Even if I would choose to be raw vegan, I simply can not. It is possible only this time a year. There are plenty of grapes and other fruits and vegetables. But I can not imagine my self to be raw vegen during the winter and spring. I live in mild to cold climate (Slovakia) and in the country, with weak Euro. My family is wealthy, but I must confess, there is no way I could afford to buy organic vegetables during the winter. Four apples costs about 1,5 Euros, three carrot costs 1 Euro, one coconut costs 1,3 Euro, avocado costs 1,3 Euro and the list goes on... This is simply too much. And being a raw vegan on regular supermarket vegetables and fruits is, in my opinon, not as benefical...

You can be raw vegan, becouse of the country You are living, but the rest of the world (except USA, Canada and Western Europe) do not have such economical power to exploit Third world countries...

And after all, what about legumes? I really like pea...
And what about sprouting? Why do not sprout? I am planning to sprout Alfalfa and broccoli seedy, to have something full of enzymes.

And... If You consider Yourself eco-friendly, it is much better to be "regular" vegan, than raw vegen, considering the amount of energy spend on the transport of all the tropical goodies to Your local supermarket...

Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next