Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Food Advice Needed EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Food Advice Needed EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Food Advice Needed EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Food Advice Needed EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Food Advice Needed EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Food Advice Needed EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Food Advice Needed EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Food Advice Needed EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Food Advice Needed EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Food Advice Needed

4 posters

Go down

Food Advice Needed Empty Food Advice Needed

Post  AS54 Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:57 am

Hello All,

After spending some time on this forum I realized I was dealing with digestive issues. Prior to hearing others' symptoms I had just come to believe mine were normal. Since then I've been avoiding things that are particularly harsh on my gut: dairy and anything wheat-based. I typically have a solid food meal at dinner time, but in order to allow my gut to heal I've been consuming a mostly liquid diet throughout the day consisting of drinks containing fruits (apples, bananas), greens (kale, dandelion greens, swiss chard), cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice.

I noticed that my digestive issues calmed down significantly (no more loose stools, agonizing trips to the bathroom, stomach upset, etc.), however, I did notice that my anxiety flared up a lot. I couldn't understand why until I realized that at about 300 calories a shake, I was only getting about 1200 calories a day for about a week. I believe I probably overworked the adrenals with this low of a calorie deficit.

So, to the point, I wanted to make these drinks more sustaining while keeping their detox properties. So I began adding about 10 grams of whey protein, 10 grams of gelatin powder, and a tablespoon of raw, extra virgin olive oil to these drinks. I found that they were far more sustaining.

My question is: will the fat content of olive oil be bad for gut flora? Are there any other adverse effects of adding these extra ingredients? I didn't want to continue adding fruit as I'm on a weight loss plan and am trying to control insulin levels. If so, how does fat disrupt gut flora? Any advice on the proper way to use these drinks to detox, lose weight, and maintain proper flora? Thanks all.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Food Advice Needed Empty Re: Food Advice Needed

Post  pancacke Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:
My question is: will the fat content of olive oil be bad for gut flora?
No, but you should get your fat from animals and plants, not some extract. Besides that olive oil is very good, use it however you like on foods.

Are there any other adverse effects of adding these extra ingredients? I didn't want to continue adding fruit as I'm on a weight loss plan and am trying to control insulin levels. If so, how does fat disrupt gut flora? Any advice on the proper way to use these drinks to detox, lose weight, and maintain proper flora? Thanks all.
..........?
Would be easier to just go on SCDiet
http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Vicious-Cycle-Intestinal-Through/dp/0969276818

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 am

Fruit and greens dude Smile

Cleaaansing and healing!

See my sig (the 80/10/10 bit is clickable) ^^

And some peeps here don't agree with me but.... I don't agree with them either! haha ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 am

Mods, please ban Hoppi.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:30 am

imprisoned-radical wrote:Mods, please ban Hoppi.

See, now it's not enough to just make out it's a crime for me to have a different view, now you are calling for me to be banned!

I lose hope, honestly.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Fruit and greens dude :)

Cleaaansing and healing!

See my sig (the 80/10/10 bit is clickable) ^^

And some peeps here don't agree with me but.... I don't agree with them either! haha ^^
We don't need to disagree, the picture you deliver with your posts will tell people to look elswhere for info.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:52 am

Thanks for the input fellas. I appreciate the referall to SCDiet, pancake. I had never been here before and I think it will be a valuable resource so I don't have to add any more posts strictly food related.
Its just sometimes you encounter so much conflicting evidence that it can be overwhelming, so I wanted to come to enlightened individuals for advice.

Hoppi, totally agree with you on the fruits and veggies deal. But from my own experience, I've found that unless I get some high quality protein and fat, I tend to get foggy and have low energy. I think one issue with this is caloric intake on a fruit and veggies alone regimen. I probably made the mistake most did when beginning and simply didn't take in enough calories. But man, its hard to eat enough to get that many calories when the food isn't calorie dense.

From all of the debate I've seen happening the forum and the evidence given, I am trying to stick with a very balanced nutrient ratio, i.e. carbs from good natural sources (fruits and greens), protein from gelatin and lean meats, and fat from oils such as coconut and olive oil and some grass-fed butter. The reason I get confused sometimes is because of all of the information posted here about the effects on gut organisms of the various foods. So naturally I get concerned, because like many here I believe that most of my issues started in the gut.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:13 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Thanks for the input fellas. I appreciate the referall to SCDiet, pancake. I had never been here before and I think it will be a valuable resource so I don't have to add any more posts strictly food related.
Its just sometimes you encounter so much conflicting evidence that it can be overwhelming, so I wanted to come to enlightened individuals for advice.

Hoppi, totally agree with you on the fruits and veggies deal. But from my own experience, I've found that unless I get some high quality protein and fat, I tend to get foggy and have low energy. I think one issue with this is caloric intake on a fruit and veggies alone regimen. I probably made the mistake most did when beginning and simply didn't take in enough calories. But man, its hard to eat enough to get that many calories when the food isn't calorie dense.

From all of the debate I've seen happening the forum and the evidence given, I am trying to stick with a very balanced nutrient ratio, i.e. carbs from good natural sources (fruits and greens), protein from gelatin and lean meats, and fat from oils such as coconut and olive oil and some grass-fed butter. The reason I get confused sometimes is because of all of the information posted here about the effects on gut organisms of the various foods. So naturally I get concerned, because like many here I believe that most of my issues started in the gut.

Well, I'm glad you have such a balanced viewpoint man Smile

Dw though I didn't mean fruit and greens permanently, just as a cleanse and then if it were me I would add back in nuts, seeds, fatty fruits like coconut or avocado (dunno if coconut is a fruit but whatever lol). Protein source... I mean that's up to you I guess but not if you do a cleanse I don't think!

But yeah that's my 2 cents anyway.

People on here do like their meat and raw milk and eggs and stuff a lot, and I don't like any of that stuff so I think that gets things off to a bad start!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down