Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia)

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 Empty Re: Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia)

Post  duel_black Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:32 am

This morning I had it done. So far it is relatively painless. Now it's three months of the bone and gum tissue making friends with the zirconia, before I can get a crown. Until then I have to wear a clear essix retainer for a temp tooth, which in my case does not really look that good. I will have to remove it when I eat.

To be continued...

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia) - Page 2 Empty Re: Re-Root Canal or Implant (Zirconia)

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:03 am

duel_black - Thanks for the update, I hope everything works out well.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:49 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:duel_black - Thanks for the update, I hope everything works out well.

You're welcome CS. Thank you for this great site. I probably would have had another root canal if I didn't know about this site. I also believe the supplements I take as a result of this site will facilitate osseointegration of the implant.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:08 am

duel_black -
Can you please give more details like: What atraumatic extraction method did you use, how did the dentist deal with the socket in order to prevent future cavitation forming (ozone, mag chloride cleaning, ... ), how did he remove the periodontal ligament, how much it costs...

Thanks!

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 pm

mihai -

I am not sure on a few of those questions. I did google "atraumatic extraction" after I read your question, and I found a thread where Dr. Jay Resnick talks a little bit about what he does:

http://www.osseonews.com/instruments-for-atraumatic-extraction-of-teeth-are-they-helpful/

I was awake for the procedure. I do remember him saying: "now we're cleaning the socket". He put something up there and I felt a lot of pressure (not pain). But I am not sure exactly what was going on. My eyes were closed Smile

I got to the point where I just decided to go for it and stop the research. In my case it was just time to pull the trigger. Worst case scenario I remove it down the road.

How I developed enough trust and courage to just pull the trigger with Dr. Resnick was that he was referred by two highly recommended, and unrelated Dentists. One whom is a Huggins trained Dentist.

My overall impression is that Dr. Resnick is not so much a holistic surgeon. But a VERY experienced implant surgeon whom has done thousands of implants. He just started Zirconia last year. And he travels around the world lecturing on how to do Zirconia implants using computer guided software. He appears to be a respected implant surgeon overall.

As far as the cost mine was $4500.00 USD. But I was able to have the implant placed on the day of extraction. Sometimes that is not the case and the price may be higher if the implant is placed months after the extraction.

The crown will cost an additional 2K. I will probably go to the Huggins trained Dentist for that in January. I will also have her start removing Mercury next year. When all is said and done the new front tooth will be around $6500.00 ish. My insurance will probably cover about $150.00 (half of the extraction)

One additional interesting side note. I've had a mild ear infection/pain for the last few years. It appears to be gone now.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:30 pm

duel_black - Thanks, I ask for those details because I think I will do the same thing in my country (where are no holistic dentists, but very good "normal" ones and the prices are way less expensive: around 750$ full zirconia)...Of course, the quality may not be the same, that is why I wanted to know all the details, so I can see which dentist to choose. I can't believe how expensive it is in US, but in the end, if everything works out as it should, it is worth it.
I presume you did not have curiosity to redo the rabbit experiment with a piece of your extracted tooth? ...Apparently Dr. Hal Huggins re-did the exps with guinea pigs:
"Dr. Meinig: The main thing, however, is they do not face the problem of the bacteria that are in those dentin tubules and that they never say a word about. What they say about Dr. Price is, yes he did some research, but it's old stuff, it existed a long time ago, they never mention that it's a 25-year program, that 60 scientists were helping him and helped support that program and they never mention about the dentin tubules.

Laura Lee: The research was done in the 20's, but also the same research was done today and the same results...

Dr. Meinig: It is being done today by Hal Huggins and instead of using rabbits and other animals he's using guinea pigs and the reason is it's a smaller animal than the rabbit is, and the amount of space they have to use and what it costs to run a laboratory in this time. He's finding, at least his preliminary reports were, he's finding the same things happen to the guinea pigs as to the rabbits with one exception in some instances, and that is their immune systems are somewhat better and some of them actually recover from the illnesses they received from these teeth after a certain period of time, like two to four to five weeks.

Laura Lee: That's interesting, because guinea pigs, as well as humans and other primates are some of the few mammals that don't produce vitamin C in our bloodstream. So we have to take it through a food source. Whereas rabbits and other mammals can produce vitamin C when they're under stress especially, they produce more, so I guess our immune systems are more akin to guinea pigs than to rabbits.

Dr. LaMarche: By the way, our research group, hopefully in August, will have together a complete protocol for these procedures, and one of the things we hope to do is when a root canal tooth is removed, we will take it and immediately put it into an anaerobic environment so that we can analyze the bacteria and the toxins within this.

Paul: Yeah, I wanted to know what the American Dental Association stand was. I had one root canal tooth and I have arthritis, neck and back pain, and all kinds of neuralgia pain, but it's asymptomatic, the tooth doesn't hurt or anything. If the doctors decided to take that tooth out and we took that tooth out, what difference would it be whether they took that tooth out or cut off my right index finger and analyzed both of them, and put into the skin of the rabbit, the rabbit would probably still develop it and how could you tell if it was from my tooth or from my index finger?

Dr. Meinig: That's an interesting thought, but I would doubt that there would be enough bacteria, it would be floating around your bloodstream, of course...

Laura Lee: Actually Dr. Price put other things, he put a coin under the rabbit skin, he put a non-infected tooth, a healthy tooth under the rabbit skin and nothing happened.

Dr. Meinig: That's exactly right. What he did was he collected 100 healthy teeth. These were teeth that were extracted for orthodontic purposes or impacted teeth and he implanted each one separately in a different animal. It was more than rabbits. They did it in a number of different kinds of animals, and you know what happened? Not a thing. Those teeth just laid dormant under their skin for the full life of the animal.

Paul: Basically it's just around that particular tooth.

Dr. Meinig: You're right, and it's coming from those dentin tubules primarily, although it can be coming from leakages in the root canal filling because it doesn't fit too well.

Paul: How do you attribute it to going throughout the body to other organs or whatever?

Dr. Meinig: The bacteria escapes from the lateral canals into what's called the periodontal ligament which is the fibrous tissue which keeps the tooth from falling out. And from there into the surrounding bony socket, and from there into the blood supply of that bony socket, and from there all around the body.

Paul: That means other parts of the body should be able to elicit the same response.

Dr. Meinig: Not necessarily. You've got the source there, it might happen, but I don't think anybody would want to have their finger cut off to test your theory."

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 am

Yes I agree the price is very high here. I called a reputable sounding clinic in Costa Rica and they were only $1000.00. I decided on keeping it local. The cost difference would not have been that great because it's not a one day procedure. So travel and time off would have to be factored in.

I forgot about the rabbit experiment. But from the looks of that experiment I feel like I made the right choice in ditching the root canal option.

Good luck with yours, or with whatever procedure you choose, and keep us posted!

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  leavingsoon Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 pm

duel_black , hope you are doing well my friend!!!

i just want to share a website/book that i found that is very good for the health of our teeth/gums

http://www.curetoothdecay.com/

there is so much good information howwver the diet is not easy to adhere to and geared towards eating meat

There is a advice AGAINST most dental procedures which i not only find depressing but get angry when they dont offer positive solutions

It is no good saaying everything is bad when you dont follow with positive/alternative solutions

so the book is more of a prevention but also for ongoing care so i thought it would benefit you !!

if mihai is around let me know what you think of that website too buddy Smile

please keep us updated.
Kindest regards

leavingsoon

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:17 am

Thanks -

The implant appears to be doing very well. I've had two check ups since Sep 15. One last check up on Jan 3rd, and from there I should be able to get the crown. Which will be a relief. With Zirconia implants you don't get to use a traditional flipper tooth in the interim. I have to use this Invisiline looking thing that holds a fake tooth that covers the implant. Other than that looking strange and being a little uncomfortable, the implant itself, and the surrounding tissue looks great.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:10 am

I'm always averse to selling knowledge instead of sharing it for free. It is clear he wants more to make a profit then to help people. Of course, that doesn't mean the book is not good, maybe it really is. Thanks anyway, for sharing.
There is a lot of free info on this forum and on the web related to that subject.

I really don't think you need a certain strict diet in order to keep a mouth free of cavities, and certainly, it would be very hard to keep it for the rest of your life. I didn't have a new cavity in 3-4 years, since I did a teeth whitening and, because the teeth looked so beautiful afterwards, I started to take much greater care of them Smile (brushed every night before bed, floss, regular visits to the dentist, way less sugar, red wine, coffee, black tea, more milk...). That's all it takes, at least it did for me, to keep the cavities away until now.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:21 am

This saga finally ends tomorrow morning: After four months I get my perm front tooth crown placed on my Zirconia implant. The implant healed incredibly well. My bone and gums appear to love it. The only concern my general dentist had (not the implant surgeon) is that the implant is not very long (the part exiting my gums). As a result he thinks I should slice up apples, and go easy on stale hard bagels for life. But other than that I think we're good to go.

Final crown placed tomorrow morning. cheers

And at this point I can confirm that the ear ache I had for the last few years is gone. It must have been cause by that old rotting root canal

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2