Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others

+4
tooyoung
abc123
thissucks
Paradox
8 posters

Go down

Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others Empty Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others

Post  Paradox Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:56 pm

I have tried unsuccessfully to treat my adrenals naturally. Hydrocortisone scares me for different reasons, but my Dr. wants me to go on some on Monday. I think I remember someone saying they take it successfully (was it JDP?). I don't want to be dependent on it forever and have to take it around the clock, but there are two polar views on this (like most everything else). Please help me decide!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others Empty Re: Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others

Post  thissucks Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:09 pm

It didn't work for me. What worked for me was fixing my diet, sleeping habits, eliminating stress, and avoiding the computer an hour before bed.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others Empty Re: Adrenal Fatigue- Should I go on hydrocortisone? Any experiences? Dangers? CS or others

Post  abc123 Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:25 pm

sugar + salt + minimize pufa + stress management = no adrenal fatigue.

would only consider cortisol as a last resort.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:54 pm

They hard question is: when is it time for the last resort? The catch for me is that I take medication for depression/anxiety that probably affect cortisol levels, but I was suicidal not too long ago without them. So the adrenals may be causing this, and the meds may be exacerbating the situation (catch-22). I've tried the adrenal cortex, and the other natural approaches. I avoided sugar almost completely for a long time. This was all when I was tapering off the drugs though. Now that I'm back on them, I'm drinking mass amounts of coffee and still can't stay awake. Of course extreme drowsiness is a side-effect of one of them- which confuses the situation further. I've chelated metals for a while now as well. About 2 years ago now I was at a stage 5 on the adrenal stress scale. That is pretty severe, and I don't think the natural fixes work as well or as frequently when you've reached that level. I just can't keep living off coffee and recently cigarettes.

More opinions, feedback would be great! CS?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Paradox,

I had adrenal fatigue in the past. Yours sounds much more severe than mine was but In my opinion if you are still eating like this you are doing the exact opposite of what you need to to treat the condition.

Paradox wrote:I have a high metabolism already (too thin), so for me 0 carbs is a no-go. Out of that list Goten- Eliminate everything on it except rice and only brown rice. Complex carbs are ok in moderation- it's the simple sugars you want to get rid of. Main offenders outside the obvious are fruit/vegetable juice (carrot) and potatoes. Brown rice is great. A potato here and there won't kill you. Eat protein with every meal: example= eggs for breakfast with buckwheat, turkey on rice cakes with hummus for lunch, chick/fish/meat with vegetables or salad and brown rice for dinner. Switch up the seasonings on the protein and teh cooked vegetables and salads/dressings, and you still have a good variety. The only thing I keep the same is breakfast- eggs and buckwheat or english muffins/waffles (because I'm not doing 0 carbs). Limit bananas. Some fruits have a higher glycemic than others. Apples are good as well as some others. Eat nuts to snack on or seeds.

In an adrenal fatigued state eating pure glucose like brown rice will do you no good. Your body is maintaining a deadly struggle to utilize it.

Glycemic index is also largely irrelevant as you eat foods mixed together then GI = unknown. But even so why do you favour brown rice?

Brown rice gi 66
Orange juice gi 46

You need fructose and sugar to give your adrenaline/cortisol system a chance to recover. In an adrenal fatigue state these are the only carbs you can utilize without putting massive strain on your body.

Nuts and seeds are too rich in polyunsaturated fat and will not help you with utilizing glucose.

Good luck.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:58 pm

abc - Are potatoes not good if you suspect AF then?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:38 pm

tooyoung wrote:abc - Are potatoes not good if you suspect AF then?

I would not have them if your adrenal fatigue was very severe. I would feed entirely on 100% sugar/fruit at 2hour intervals.

With mild adrenal fatigue potatoes should be fine but I would have a large glass of fruit juice to be safe.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:36 am

Severe cases eat nothing but fruit? I think my case is mild to moderate, I've started drinking a glass of oj with every meal, what foods should I avoid?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:50 am

I could not disagree with abc more. Sugar was pure poison for me when I had AF. Of course, I also had hypoglycemia, which has now vanished completely by eating a diet of meat/veg WITH plenty of potatoes. What killed my adrenal fatigue was avoiding sugar at all costs, eating very little fruit, and keeping my blood sugar very stable.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:02 am

Paradox wrote:They hard question is: when is it time for the last resort? The catch for me is that I take medication for depression/anxiety that probably affect cortisol levels, but I was suicidal not too long ago without them. So the adrenals may be causing this, and the meds may be exacerbating the situation (catch-22). I've tried the adrenal cortex, and the other natural approaches. I avoided sugar almost completely for a long time. This was all when I was tapering off the drugs though. Now that I'm back on them, I'm drinking mass amounts of coffee and still can't stay awake. Of course extreme drowsiness is a side-effect of one of them- which confuses the situation further. I've chelated metals for a while now as well. About 2 years ago now I was at a stage 5 on the adrenal stress scale. That is pretty severe, and I don't think the natural fixes work as well or as frequently when you've reached that level. I just can't keep living off coffee and recently cigarettes.

More opinions, feedback would be great! CS?

Paradox, I don't know much about depression, but obviously I think the best thing would to be stop taking ALL drugs. Hydrocortisone is like a bandaid and if your depression medication is affecting your adrenals, it sounds like a losing battle. When I took hydrocortisone it helped in the moment, but overall I was dependent on it and didn't feel any better unless I was taking it all the time.

For me, I suffer mild depression when I'm just stuck at work/in the house on the computer all the day. What helps me is being active as much as possible - hanging with friends, lifting at the gym, running, etc. as much as possible. Otherwise I get in ruts where I don't do anything all day and then I get depressed. Don't know if this helps, but you probably need to beat this on your own eventually. I don't want you to get suicidal again, but if there's anything you can do to adjust your life and get off the drugs, you need to do it.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 am

I havent been able to find any serious study correlation but using 5000IU of Vitamin D3 + K2 combo consistently for a month and a half completely fixed my adrenal pain. I have more energy etc.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:53 am

randle20 wrote:I havent been able to find any serious study correlation but using 5000IU of Vitamin D3 + K2 combo consistently for a month and a half completely fixed my adrenal pain. I have more energy etc.

I agree, I think this combo is great for AF.

Wouldn't be that worried about low dose hydrocortisone. It is needed only temporarily.

The following article isn't targeted specifically for adrenal fatigue, but there is information related to it, as well as
hydrocortisone.

http://healthyfixx.com/19/defeating-allergies-naturally

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:17 am

CS, what would you suggest for AF if someone is reluctant to take D3?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:20 am

tooyoung wrote:CS, what would you suggest for AF if someone is reluctant to take D3?

The basics for AF are magnesium, Vitamin C, and specific B Vitamins mentioned in the allergy article linked above.

Any reason you're cautious about taking D3?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:00 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
randle20 wrote:I havent been able to find any serious study correlation but using 5000IU of Vitamin D3 + K2 combo consistently for a month and a half completely fixed my adrenal pain. I have more energy etc.

Wouldn't be that worried about low dose hydrocortisone. It is needed only temporarily.

The following article isn't targeted specifically for adrenal fatigue, but there is information related to it, as well as
hydrocortisone.

THanks CS,

I've been on 5,000iu D3 for a couple years now daily, with some K as well for a while. Good article. You might warn against the danger of raising cortisol too high with licorice, taking it when your body is low (testing required). They also say not to take it for long periods of time. I think it increases aldosterone too? Of course if you're in early stage AF and your cortisol is too high, then you would want to avoid licorice root.

That's a relief. I figure I can always try it just to see how I feel. I have a pdf on two bipolar patients showing that clonazepam (which i take) does lower cortisol- either directly or indirectly from reduced anxiety. I'd hate to treat a drug-induced condition you know? I've tried isocort with no noticeable effects. Cortef should be different.

JDP, If you're following this... Weren't you on HC as last resort and doing well on it?

ABC, I don't know how you came to that conclusion about sugar, but it really should be the other way around. Sugar can reek havoc on the adrenals as well as fuel candida- which also affects adrenal fatigue by craving more sugar. Keeping your blood sugar balanced should be the aim.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:04 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
tooyoung wrote:CS, what would you suggest for AF if someone is reluctant to take D3?

The basics for AF are magnesium, Vitamin C, and specific B Vitamins mentioned in the allergy article linked above.

The jdp threads made me hesitant to take it.

I've just ordered a higher quality vit c and magnesium as well as ordering a kilo of brewers yeast, good to hear.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Have you tried Holy Basil? This does a great job of reducing cortisol and has many other benefits for mpb. TGF-Beta downregulation, kills fungus, bacteria and virus and protects against radiation.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 pm

At one point I was determined to use holy basil but for some reason which I can't remember now I never ordered any. Would I need to take it at certain times, like when my cortisol is highest? I have no idea about that.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Ashwaganda (sensoril), Relora, non-DG licorice... many options.

tooyoung, your avatar always reminds me of my girlfriend's cat. Razz
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:37 pm

tooyoung wrote:Severe cases eat nothing but fruit? I think my case is mild to moderate, I've started drinking a glass of oj with every meal, what foods should I avoid?

100% sugar/fruit as my source of carbs. Small amounts of protein and saturated/mono saturated fat mixed in with every meal.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 pm

tooyoung wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

The jdp threads made me hesitant to take it.

I've just ordered a higher quality vit c and magnesium as well as ordering a kilo of brewers yeast, good to hear.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t4985-don-t-throw-out-your-vitamin-d-imo

note jdps responses

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Paradox wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

hydrocortisone.

THanks CS,

I've been on 5,000iu D3 for a couple years now daily, with some K as well for a while. Good article. You might warn against the danger of raising cortisol too high with licorice, taking it when your body is low (testing required). They also say not to take it for long periods of time. I think it increases aldosterone too? Of course if you're in early stage AF and your cortisol is too high, then you would want to avoid licorice root.

That's a relief. I figure I can always try it just to see how I feel. I have a pdf on two bipolar patients showing that clonazepam (which i take) does lower cortisol- either directly or indirectly from reduced anxiety. I'd hate to treat a drug-induced condition you know? I've tried isocort with no noticeable effects. Cortef should be different.

JDP, If you're following this... Weren't you on HC as last resort and doing well on it?

ABC, I don't know how you came to that conclusion about sugar, but it really should be the other way around. Sugar can reek havoc on the adrenals as well as fuel candida- which also affects adrenal fatigue by craving more sugar. Keeping your blood sugar balanced should be the aim.

A glass of orange juice will stabilize your blood sugar 100x better than brown rice. 10000x better in an adrenal fatigue state.

Candida is bogus/ over diagnosed on the internet.

If you are actually still interested:

Insulin release is also stimulated by amino acids such as leucine, and insulin stimulates cells to absorb amino acids and to synthesize proteins. Since insulin lowers blood sugar as it disposes of amino acids, eating a large amount of protein without carbohydrate can cause a sharp decrease in blood sugar. This leads to the release of adrenalin and cortisol, which raise the blood sugar. Adrenalin causes fatty acids to be drawn into the blood from fat stores, especially if the liver's glycogen stores are depleted, and cortisol causes tissue protein to be broken down into amino acids, some of which are used in place of carbohydrate. Unsaturated fatty acids, adrenaline, and cortisol cause insulin resistance.

The free fatty acids released by the stress hormones serve as supplemental fuel, and increase the consumption of oxygen and the production of heat. (This increased oxygen demand is a problem for the heart when it is forced to oxidize fatty acids. [A. Grynberg, 2001]) But if the stored fats happen to be polyunsaturated, they damage the blood vessels and the mitochondria, suppress thyroid function, and cause “glycation” of proteins. They also damage the pancreas, and impair insulin secretion.

When glucose can't be oxidized, for any reason, there is a stress reaction, that mobiles free fatty acids. Drugs that oppose the hormones (such as adrenalin or growth hormone) that liberate free fatty acids have been used to treat diabetes, because lowering free fatty acids can restore glucose oxidation.

Those who are "adrenal fatigued" need sugar/fructose to refill liver glycogen and stop this process. Pure glucose aka rice will not work.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:20 pm

Let me also just say it is not "canidida" causing sugar cravings. Your body is giving you a VERY big hint that it needs sugar asap. Your body is not stupid, you get sugar/salt/water cravings for a damn good reason.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down