Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc)

+17
lund
JJB9050
HairSeeker
DBAL
iluvhair
Swimmy
M&M
goten574
NewReg
j87x
Odysseus
KAPTUNKRUNK
Hoppipolla
scottyc33
The Natural
nidhogge
sublime9
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) Empty He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc)

Post  sublime9 Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:32 am

I found this article interesting as to why those that have tried Fo-Ti have not see any great benefit. It notes that proper "preparation" of the herb is key. Also take note of the dosage. While I want to give it a try the price per dosage makes ALA/ALCA and Fibroboost look like a deal.

http://dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=542

sublime9

Back to top Go down

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) Empty Re: He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc)

Post  nidhogge Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:47 am

It definitely looks legit but boy, $57 a month basically @ 10 capsules a day. I may give this a try at some point for a few months.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:25 pm

This brand looks very good. Will try it out, possibly next month.

I have put Fo Ti back in my regimen. It is just too important not to take this herb every day (for reasons other than hair loss).

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:55 pm

The Natural wrote:This brand looks very good. Will try it out, possibly next month.

I have put Fo Ti back in my regimen. It is just too important not to take this herb every day (for reasons other than hair loss).

Can you elaborate?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:38 pm

I am an active person. And I like to compete athletically whether its on the course or on the court. This activity, however, has taken a toll on my knees. I find that only Fo Ti is helpful for me in this area.
It's amazing.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:18 pm

And let me add that my experience with Fo Ti, namely Shen Min, as a hair loss treatment has been from very good to moderate to no change on three occasions.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm

Finally, I recommend taking Fo-ti separately from your other supplements. Presently, my schedule is as follows:

mornings: curcumin, resveratrol, vitamin D3
afternoons: MSM, magnesium citrate, vitamin C
evenings: Fo-ti extract
nights: MSM

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:24 pm

Fo Ti does look promising for hair loss and the condition of hair in general (as well as overall health), but I have had no first hand experience with it.

I'll definitely be following it though, as it has very much caught my eye! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 pm

how long did it take for you to notice a benefit from the curcumin or do you have to take the combo before you notice?

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:17 pm

If you want to see a benefit "hair-wise," I would suggest that you take curcumin with resveratrol (and vitamin D3), hours apart from Fo-ti extract (if you ever decide to use it too).

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:49 am

sublime9 wrote:I found this article interesting as to why those that have tried Fo-Ti have not see any great benefit. It notes that proper "preparation" of the herb is key. Also take note of the dosage. While I want to give it a try the price per dosage makes ALA/ALCA and Fibroboost look like a deal.

http://dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=542

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Fo-Ti-Ho-Shou-Wu-560-mg-100-Capsules/1107?at=0

There are some very good reviews on this product. It's also under five bucks. I'm thinking about giving this a shot...

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 pm

I thought fo ti is mainly phytoestrogens, and that PM is superior.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:13 am

Just ordered some NOW Fo-Ti. Dragon Herbs is actually close to my house, and I have good experience with their products, but I'm going to try out the lower-cost brand and see what it does before I invest. Excited.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:35 am

I am interested as well. The reviews for NOW's seem genuine-no fluff. And I have a pretty good nose for that, I think.

Been using Natrol's (Shen Min) Fo ti extract. But I have been really curious about Dragon Herbs, so I ordered some, and will try it this week. The thing that bothers me about Shen Min's formula is that before Biotech company was bought out by Natrol, you could clearly see written on the bottle how much root extract there was included in each pill. Now, it's just like "He Shou Wu (Fo-ti) Powder and He Shou Wu ((fo-ti) 12:1 Powdered Extract (Polygonum multiflorum) (root)." Who knows how much is actually in there.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) Empty Two month update

Post  The Natural Mon May 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Been taking about 1500 mg. of Fo ti for almost two months now. And there is a noticeable difference in the hair around my crown. Yes, it is still a bit lighter than the rest, but this hair has been cut and blended in such a way that now my loss is barely noticeable.

I would be remiss without stating that the effects of Fo ti are much more pronounced once you have been able to get your hair loss under control. Meaning that: I have tried Fo ti in the past (three times). The last being four years ago, and I didn't see much improvement, probably because I was relying on it to do too much (i.e. stop my hair loss).

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon May 31, 2010 5:27 pm

How does the mechanism of fo-ti differ from pueraria mirifica?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon May 31, 2010 10:19 pm

Will I get hepatitis if I take this? I know nothing can be said for certain but I guess my chances of developing hepatitis will go up a great deal with this product?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  M&M Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:30 am

The Natural wrote:Been taking about 1500 mg. of Fo ti for almost two months now. And there is a noticeable difference in the hair around my crown. Yes, it is still a bit lighter than the rest, but this hair has been cut and blended in such a way that now my loss is barely noticeable.

I would be remiss without stating that the effects of Fo ti are much more pronounced once you have been able to get your hair loss under control. Meaning that: I have tried Fo ti in the past (three times). The last being four years ago, and I didn't see much improvement, probably because I was relying on it to do too much (i.e. stop my hair loss).

TN
Sounds great!
Which one of the two solf in iherb is it you are refering to?
Also, they mention that by taking this supplement you are exposed to lead. What is your opinion in this concern?

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:56 am

Wow, talk about my less knowledgeable years. Thanks for resurrecting this post, it brings back some memories.

For the most part Fo-Ti is useless for our needs and purposes. To be effective for hair Fo-Ti must be prepared with black beans and some other items as required in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). I am sure we are all familiar with the story of Mr Ho and his long black hair. Well he consumed his Fo-Ti prepared in the proper manner to bring out the key essence of the herb in order to give it its restorative properties. Unprepared Fo-Ti works more as a directic. When prepared it works on the kidneys and stimulates the thymus gland amongst other things. So when selecting Fo-Ti/Ho Shou Wu, make sure to buy it prepared otherwise it is not doing what you think it should be. Most prepared supplements are called Ho Shou Wu, but be wary and check with the manufacturer on its preparation.

There is a drink called Sho Wu Chih that is supposed to be very effective at getting the active ingredients of Ho Shou Wu into your body. It is an alcohol tincture with other TCM herbs.

Through experimenting I have found whole herbs extracted in the traditional way to be more effective than powders in a capsule. I am not saying the capsules are not effective, they are, but to me they do not seem as potent or powerful.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 am

Interesting Lin us to some recommendations?

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:53 am

M&M wrote:Which one of the two solf in iherb is it you are refering to?
Also, they mention that by taking this supplement you are exposed to lead. What is your opinion in this concern?

M&M,

I am taking Dragon Herb's (and Natrol's, until I finish my last bottle).

With respect to lead exposure: "The lead content of this product is lower than the FDA standard for lead in bottled water." So I am not too concerned. It also states that "daily breathing in California" will expose you to lead... Shocked

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  iluvhair Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:54 pm

what is the method of action for fo-ti? is it a growth stimulant, follicle heal/repairer, or anti-androgen?

iluvhair

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:09 am

I just ordered 2 bottles of this and my dad has ordered 3. My dad is bald but his hair is also going grey, I recommended he try it for his grey hair more than his baldness. For myself, I am hoping it will thicken up my thinning hair more than stop hair loss. It's cheap and is generally safe so may as well try it for 3 months.

I ordered the Nature's Way Fo-Ti
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:28 am

goten,

I like Nature's Way. And their fo ti has a lot of positive reviews. But you should know that this particular supplement is much less potent than the other more, expensive fo ti extracts. Hopefully, you will see some benefit nevertheless. Do keep us posted!

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  DBAL Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:33 am

Read somewhere that to get the full potency of Fo Ti, one needs to find the drink they sell in chinese supermarkets. Can't remember what is called but if your city has a chinatown, it's worth having a look.

DBAL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next