Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc)

+17
lund
JJB9050
HairSeeker
DBAL
iluvhair
Swimmy
M&M
goten574
NewReg
j87x
Odysseus
KAPTUNKRUNK
Hoppipolla
scottyc33
The Natural
nidhogge
sublime9
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 Empty Re: He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc)

Post  goten574 Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:06 am

The Natural wrote:goten,

I like Nature's Way. And their fo ti has a lot of positive reviews. But you should know that this particular supplement is much less potent than the other more, expensive fo ti extracts. Hopefully, you will see some benefit nevertheless. Do keep us posted!

TN

Ah, something like this?

I know the root isn't going to be as potent as the root extract but I don't have a lot of money to spend and wanted to experiement on something new. I started today and wil keep you all informed if I notice anything.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 Empty Re: He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc)

Post  HairSeeker Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:57 am

I have been taking 2gm of Swanson's Fo-ti (He-Shou-Wu) for over three months now with no improvement at all. Any new growth is gray and thin compared to other healthier hair strands.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:00 am

sublime9 wrote:I found this article interesting as to why those that have tried Fo-Ti have not see any great benefit. It notes that proper "preparation" of the herb is key. Also take note of the dosage. While I want to give it a try the price per dosage makes ALA/ALCA and Fibroboost look like a deal.

http://dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=542

Great marketing on the product page, they even included a history lesson. I haven't tried this particular brand, but have tried other Fo-ti (He-Shou-Wu) brands with no positive results.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

He shou wu (Fo-Ti/ Ho Shou Wu/etc) - Page 2 Empty Swanson's Fo Ti

Post  The Natural Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:35 am

And their fo ti is a very inexpensive weak powder. It's not even an extract. So I am not at all surprised that you have not experienced any benefits.

There are fo ti supplements available that are 10 - 12 times more powerful than the product you are presently using.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:41 am

The Natural wrote:And their fo ti is a very inexpensive weak powder. It's not even an extract. So I am not at all surprised that you have not experienced any benefits.

There are fo ti supplements available that are 10 - 12 times more powerful than the product you are presently using.

Which products do you recommend?

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:06 pm

HairSeeker wrote:Which products do you recommend?

I recommend fo ti to those who have thin hair. But you should not rely on this herb to stop your hair loss. You are better able to see the benefits of fo ti, once you have gotten your shed under control. This herb should help to thicken your existing hair:

Dragon Herbs
Paradise Herbs
Shen Min

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  HairSeeker Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:03 pm

The Natural wrote:
HairSeeker wrote:Which products do you recommend?

I recommend fo ti to those who have thin hair. But you should not rely on this herb to stop your hair loss. You are better able to see the benefits of fo ti, once you have gotten your shed under control. This herb should help to thicken your existing hair:

Dragon Herbs
Paradise Herbs
Shen Min

Thanks. Shedding is stable now and I do have thin hair. My goal is to thicken up my remaining hair and perhaps grow a few more strands.

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:30 am

So the NOW and Nature's Way brands of Fo-Ti are as good as useless because they don't contain the root extract?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 am

goten: the Now Foods brand says it's Fo-Ti powder (Polygonum multiflorum) (root). Have no idea how they process it. I've been taking it for just over a month; it's probably way too early to look for results. I'm going to continue for several more months. Seems to be helping my arthritic knees, so that's a positive. . .

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am

Odysseus wrote:goten: the Now Foods brand says it's Fo-Ti powder (Polygonum multiflorum) (root). Have no idea how they process it. I've been taking it for just over a month; it's probably way too early to look for results. I'm going to continue for several more months. Seems to be helping my arthritic knees, so that's a positive. . .

I contacted Nature's Way and NOW abotu their Fo-Ti product. NOW says this:

Our Fo-Ti powder is obtained from naturally dried, non-cured Polygonum multiflorum tubers. We have no call for extracts at this time but hear you for future consideration.

Thank you.

NOW Nutrition Group
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 pm

And now we get an understanding as to why some fo ti products are (much) less expensive than others, considering the leaf v. root; powder v. powdered extract.

This notwithstanding, the reviews for the NOW fo ti product are impressive and genuine, in my opinion.

I have found no better supplement for the knees, than fo ti.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:04 am

Reply from Nature's Way:

Nature's Ways Fo-ti is aired dried, ground into a powder and put in the capsule. We use the root of the plant and not an extract.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 am

As for energy and stamina, Paradise Herbs' Fo Ti is the best that I have tried thus far. It has been better than Shen Min's, Dragon Herbs', and Nature's Way's.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided not to take the fo ti supplement everyday (because my knee pain had gone; and my cardio workouts had become much easier), but then noticed that my stamina levels dropped dramatically.

I was gasping for air, and could barely finish my run. So I restarted the fo ti (one capsule a day), and my stamina levels increased again.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  JJB9050 Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:53 pm

www.jingherbs.com has some good quality herbs including a prepared he shou wu powder I've been taking. I can't tell you whether it helps with hair (only taken about a month), but it may be a good option for those looking for a higher quality product. I also suggest their astragalus powder. They have a hair forumula as well but I am using another herbal hair formula so I haven't tried it.

JJB9050

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 pm

I bought but never tried it - my reaserch lead this to be a mojorly estrogenic. I do not want to trade few strands of hair for a C cup.....honey can you buy me some as well on your next visit to VS....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:46 pm

lund wrote:I bought but never tried it - my reaserch lead this to be a mojorly estrogenic. I do not want to trade few strands of hair for a C cup.....honey can you buy me some as well on your next visit to VS....

A tad dramatic, don't you think...the chances of a man developing gynecomastia from fo ti are small.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:06 pm

May be I am prone to this - but I am very careful in this department - I know once you get Gyno, it is a bitch to lose it...and this is from guys (body builders) who are not afraid to try any chemicals !!!

So I have no real eveidence as I stayed away from it - my only suggestion would be to keep a close eye on gyno if continuing with Fo Ti...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Lufega Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Any of the original posters in this thread want to give an update ? I bought some fo ti for thinning hair (not the dragon herb version) and I have loss around my temples. Thanks.

Lufega

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Fo-ti is great for the adrenals, kidneys and memory in my experience. Usually though once a day is good enough, but you need to be taking something to keep your body from building up that estrogen or you will get gyno. Curcumin and Resveratrol and/orAlpha Lipoic Acid are helpful in this regard.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 am

I really wanted to use FO ti because it looks very promising but everytime I tried I had headaches and palpitations. Quit due to side effects.

and regarding the "prepared" foti: once soybeans are added you dont know what is really helping, foti, soybeans or maybe both.

masterfree

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:10 am

Masterfree- The prepared stuff was the only stuff to be recommended for hair loss for men. It is the unprepared stuff that will give you gyno.

Remember to cycle this herb. It's most effectively used as a "kickstart" for helping hair loss, not something indefinitely taken IMO.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2