Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical Coconut oil for facial skin EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical Coconut oil for facial skin

4 posters

Go down

Topical Coconut oil for facial skin Empty Topical Coconut oil for facial skin

Post  FireFist Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Been using this for 7-8 days, and i have mixed opinions
While i think in some days it helped my skin "glow" i think it mightve broke me out (just a little), actually i could find only POSITIVE feedback from CO users. (iherb,skincaretalk, vitacost, here & etc)

However i posted a question about this in curezone, and i got this reply from the manager of the forum:
"Actually I do not recommend coconut oil for the skin. The problem is that coconut oil is a surfactant, so it actually strips the skins natural oils off. Avocado oil is a much better choice. Just rub a small dab in to the skin.

Borage oil is generally solvent (hexane) extracted, and is not very stable. For these reasons this is another oil I do not recommend for the skin. Try a little palmarosa essential oil in the avocado oil instead. I recommend adding 40 drops of the palmarosa oil to 16 ounces of avocado oil"

What do you guys think? i know there are many who like CO here...
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Topical Coconut oil for facial skin Empty Re: Topical Coconut oil for facial skin

Post  Yanks Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:18 am

i kind of agree that it's not the best. when i use it very consistently it starts to become an annoyance. it's very hard to get out my hair in the shower and i can see it being a little more drying than moisturizing. tough to tell though.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Topical Coconut oil for facial skin Empty Re: Topical Coconut oil for facial skin

Post  FireFist Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:59 am

Hey Yanks

I kind of meant about applying it to the face
I know CS used CO quite a bit, and some other posters here
what'd you guys think?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:18 am

I've used CO as massage oil before and it was great, also, it has other amazing uses behind closed doors if your lady is open to getting a little oily.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:39 am

FireFist wrote:Been using this for 7-8 days, and i have mixed opinions
While i think in some days it helped my skin "glow" i think it mightve broke me out (just a little), actually i could find only POSITIVE feedback from CO users. (iherb,skincaretalk, vitacost, here & etc)

However i posted a question about this in curezone, and i got this reply from the manager of the forum:
"Actually I do not recommend coconut oil for the skin. The problem is that coconut oil is a surfactant, so it actually strips the skins natural oils off. Avocado oil is a much better choice. Just rub a small dab in to the skin.

Borage oil is generally solvent (hexane) extracted, and is not very stable. For these reasons this is another oil I do not recommend for the skin. Try a little palmarosa essential oil in the avocado oil instead. I recommend adding 40 drops of the palmarosa oil to 16 ounces of avocado oil"

What do you guys think? i know there are many who like CO here...

I use coconut oil with emu oil everyday it is the best face lotion i think. I agree that coconut oil applied by itself is too oily but when mixed with emu oil your face moist and there is very little shine due to emu oil penetrating coconut oil into the skin. Check out this article for facial care
http://www.hairloss-research.org/LinkUpdateEMuOil6-10.html

youngbalder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down