Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer

+8
sethsync
Amaranthaceae
lund
Paradox
nidhogge
CausticSymmetry
Nuada
Grateful
12 posters

Go down

Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer Empty Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer

Post  Grateful Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I've been using extra virgin coconut oil on my face each night as a moisturizer for the last two months. I must tell you that this has been the most effective moisturizer I have ever used. My skin feels and looks great. It really does plump out the fine wrinkles. I also feel assured that I am putting a 100% natural product on my face that both works and is cheap. I don't have to worry about absorbing any synthetic and potentially toxic chemicals. I rub it on each night before I go to bed and by the next morning it is fully absorbed so so you don't have to worry about having an oily look. Anyways, you have to wash your face in the morning. I'm really happy with the results - I would never go back to using manufactured, artificial moisturizers, and I felt the need to share this tip with all of you on this forum. It would also be great to hear any feedback down the track from anyone else giving extra virgin coconut oil a go.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer Empty Re: Coconut oil as a skin moisturizer

Post  Grateful Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh, i forgot to mention - shaving in the morning is so much easier as the blade seems to just glide over the skin. Obviously, the coconut oil also acts as a form of lubricant.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:20 am

I am not using anything acutally, but I was using neutrogena face moisturizer during the summer. Although I haven't used any product long enough to validate as good or bad. And I am 26, do you think I should use moisturizers ?

Nuada

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:42 am

Grateful - This sounds great I'm going to try this myself.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:33 am

Glad you're going to give it a go IH. Hope to hear your feedback on what results you get with it.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:06 am

Grateful--

I may try this in conjunction with Emu Oil on the face. Great feedback, thanks for sharing!

And, a good lube eh? hmm... Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Grateful Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 am

Nidhogge - I'm really happy with the effects of coconut oil on my face. It's probably the most superior ingredient I've used so far. Hope to hear your feedback on it as well.

Grateful

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:42 pm

I've used virgin coconut oil on my face multiple times but never for a consistent period. It definitely does make a difference though! I have used emu oil in the past and I don't think it even compares.

I have a question though that I ask myself...so I'll ask what you guys think: I'm wondering if it is redundant for me to put oil on my skin when I used a tea tree oil facial soap that sucks the oil right out when I wash my face? I've thought that maybe if I was just using regular soap then there would be more of a point to it, but the TTO soap is really good for acne because it is antibacterial, but also because it is very drying. My skin feels squeaky clean!

So what do you think... Am I just adding oil to my skin only to wash it out of my skin the next time I wash my face?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:17 am

Would not you be clogging the skin pores? At least on the face are you suppose to keep the pores unclogged to avoid bacterial growth beneath the skin for avoiding acne?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

JHarsh80 wrote:I've used virgin coconut oil on my face multiple times but never for a consistent period. It definitely does make a difference though! I have used emu oil in the past and I don't think it even compares.

I have a question though that I ask myself...so I'll ask what you guys think: I'm wondering if it is redundant for me to put oil on my skin when I used a tea tree oil facial soap that sucks the oil right out when I wash my face? I've thought that maybe if I was just using regular soap then there would be more of a point to it, but the TTO soap is really good for acne because it is antibacterial, but also because it is very drying. My skin feels squeaky clean!

So what do you think... Am I just adding oil to my skin only to wash it out of my skin the next time I wash my face?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:31 am

It will only clog the pores if you use too much or too frequent.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:58 am

Use the TTO to remove the gunk oils, replace it with the healthy oils!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:31 am

Coconut oil is naturally anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:45 am

I have been using any Hair conditioner to soften my face before shaving, works like a champ. I do not remember when I last bought shaving foam -I am all hair conditioner... my shave is so hard otherwise I can use my face as an industrial abraser each morning.....LOL

Grateful wrote:Oh, i forgot to mention - shaving in the morning is so much easier as the blade seems to just glide over the skin. Obviously, the coconut oil also acts as a form of lubricant.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  sethsync Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:59 am

This thread is a bit dead but...

My friends wife is very happy with the coconut oil for her pregnant belly.

As for face washing and moisturizing. I had some pimples and and blemishes in high school and discovered noxema was the only thing that really helped. As i grew older i wanted to be more minimal as far as products went and found that ivory soap was the best for my skin, no drying felt good without moisturizers.

To make this short I now only wash my face with soap a few times a week (exfoliate with the glove). Washing every day more than once a day creates more problems (for me). Moisturizer is good when needed and can be done without washing. Will soon try coconut oil sounds great. Sometimes less is more. The health of your skin works from the inside out, moisturizer is like hair styling products. It can help only so much.

Seth

sethsync

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:48 am

Ive been using it for a while now too. Ive done this a few times - get your skin sweating, or/and rub your whole body in some form of alcohol to open the pores, then rub coconut oil all over, let it soak in and then take a knife and back blade your skin. Works on the same principles of oil pulling in your mouth. The pores are opened, the oil gets in and absorbs the toxins and then you pull the oil out and give your body a wipe down. Your skin is your largest organ. Feel how soft and clean your skin looks after that!

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 pm

I am 24 years old and i've been using Virgin Coconut Oil on my face for the last week every night before bed, I noticed a difference within 5 days. Another person commented saying I look different, when I asked how, they say my face skin seems smoother.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:25 am

Video about using coconut oil as a cosmetic...

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeSaD10zeM&feature=channel_video_title

Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

How do you guys apply coconut oil seeing it is solid at 76F? Do you rub it as a solid or warm it up?

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:29 pm

sc871 wrote:How do you guys apply coconut oil seeing it is solid at 76F? Do you rub it as a solid or warm it up?

I leave the tub the coconut oil is in at room temperature and run my finger along the semi-solid oil, a bit goes on my finger which I use to rub on my face. A small amount goes a long way!
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down