Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
All we need is to remove the sebum EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

All we need is to remove the sebum

+5
TheFunkyStumpfighter
abc123
misterE
jeruslan
teacup
9 posters

Go down

All we need is to remove the sebum Empty All we need is to remove the sebum

Post  teacup Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 am

What do you think?
Benedict Palermi using herbs to clean the scalp remove sebum and allow hair to regrow out healthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ80u2RoX7o&feature=related

Herbal treatments for balding or thinning hair. Benedict Palermi, from Brooklyn, NY, and now from Honolulu, Hawaii has been a hair stylist for 25 years. He's treating baldness and thinning hair with an herbal concoction that really works. That's why I am putting him out there, my own testament to his fabulous and effective work. This TV news segment, MIXED PLATE, with Pamela Young of KITV shows Benedict and his treatments.

ACV, coconut oil, etc.. is the answer simply to remove any and all sebum buildup?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

All we need is to remove the sebum Empty Re: All we need is to remove the sebum

Post  jeruslan Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:26 am

teacup wrote:What do you think?
Benedict Palermi using herbs to clean the scalp remove sebum and allow hair to regrow out healthy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ80u2RoX7o&feature=related

Herbal treatments for balding or thinning hair. Benedict Palermi, from Brooklyn, NY, and now from Honolulu, Hawaii has been a hair stylist for 25 years. He's treating baldness and thinning hair with an herbal concoction that really works. That's why I am putting him out there, my own testament to his fabulous and effective work. This TV news segment, MIXED PLATE, with Pamela Young of KITV shows Benedict and his treatments.

ACV, coconut oil, etc.. is the answer simply to remove any and all sebum buildup?

Watched the video and was amazed, but, I am not sure that this is the solution. Overproduction of sebum is just a symptom as wall as hair loss. I would rather hit the cause, instead of focusing on symptoms. I would combine it with some diet and regimen. Just my opinion...
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:55 am

teacup wrote: is the answer simply to remove any and all sebum buildup?

Rather the build-up of corneocytes. It is best to reduce the proliferation of keratinocytes and increase apoptosis in corneocytes by lowering free-IGF-1 and increasing IGFBP's, while at the same time, exfoliate the scalp. I use Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap (as a shampoo) and a boar-bristle-brush to exfoliate my scalp and I feel it does a darn good job!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 am

What is the best topical for removing sebum???

misterE wrote:
teacup wrote: is the answer simply to remove any and all sebum buildup?

Rather the build-up of corneocytes. It is best to reduce the proliferation of keratinocytes and increase apoptosis in corneocytes by lowering free-IGF-1 and increasing IGFBP's, while at the same time, exfoliate the scalp. I use Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap (as a shampoo) and a boar-bristle-brush to exfoliate my scalp and I feel it does a darn good job!

First sentence in english please?????? Shocked

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:32 am

abc123 wrote:

misterE wrote: Rather the build-up of corneocytes. It is best to reduce the proliferation of keratinocytes and increase apoptosis in corneocytes by lowering free-IGF-1 and increasing IGFBP's, while at the same time, exfoliate the scalp. I use Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap (as a shampoo) and a boar-bristle-brush to exfoliate my scalp and I feel it does a darn good job!

First sentence in english please?????? Shocked

Keratinocytes are skin-cells beneath the surface of the scalp, as they age they gradually move up towards the surface of the scalp. When they finally reach the surface of the scalp they are called corneocytes. So when the keratinocytes move up towards the surface of the scalp and turn into corneocytes, they are suppose to be shed or fall off. This process is under the control of free-IGF-1 and IGFBP-3. The free-IGF-1 promotes the growth of keratinocytes while IGFBP-3 promotes the shedding of corneocytes. However in men with baldness, there is an overproduction of keratinocytes and an underproduction of corneocyte-apoptosis (death). This causes skin-cells to literally build-up on top of hair follicles trapping sebum underneath. The trapped sebum has nowhere to go and is eaten by a bacterium called P.Acnes and other scalp-parasites like Malassezia-furfur and P.Ovale. The human body is very intelligent and the immune-system picks up on these microscopic-parasites and attacks they with an auto immune-response called inflammation.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks for explaining, it does make sense to me (but I'm not a doctor or biologist).

CS, jdp, and others

Where do you agree and where do you disagree with the above view explained by Mister E?

(sorry I am not trying to start a debate, but I want to know if you share Mister E's view of the role of free-IGF-1 and IGFBP-3, how the sebum is trapped, the bacterium and inflammation. All points of views are worth considering.)
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Removing sebum is easy, use a harsh soap. In fact, use straight Dr. Bronner's (undiluted), and see what it does to your scalp. It'll get so shiny that you could use it as a mirror.

It's not a matter of removal, its a matter of regulation. Will an excess of hormones cause keratinocyte activity to rise? Sure it will, it is among the reasons teenagers get acne. To assume these hormones, which naturally occur in the body regardless of they are stimulated by outside forces, are the cause of said evil is ridiculous for reasons of just common sense. Again, it's not a matter of removal, it's a matter of regulation. It is not the hormones themselves that cause the problem, it's your body's reaction to them. Having an excess of IGF-1 will cause issues, but typical production in a body that is equipped to handle it's presence will promote health, not detriment it. Why? Because that is the body's natural state, and the closer you get to your natural state, the more healthy you'll become. Can I prove this? Why should I need to, nature has done it for me.

In any case, removing the sebum is easy. Hell, even keeping the sebum at bay once you've removed what you have is easy enough with the lithium/dmso combo. The issue with hardened skin/fungal infections on the scalp is that you have to be wildly proactive in combating it. Some people can use a simple antifungal and be okay, but in my case, I have to use antifungals, enzymes, lithium, and anti irritants just to make any kind of progress. All I'm saying is that it isn't all that hard to keep things in check, it's just something you're going to have to stay on top of unless you have an extremely clean diet jdp style, or take lots of great supplements cs style. It's not rocket science, just extreme diligence.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:12 pm

teacup - What misterE is saying is correct. However, in regards to the topic of the thread, removing sebum will help, but it will not stop hair loss. What it will do is slow the process down.

Even normalizing sebum secretion through diet or other means will only work to an extent. I have a topical that I add to a shampoo that works quite well for eliminating sebum excess. It will not change the autocrine and paracrine actions from kerotinocytes to the invagination of the hair bulb via dermal papilla.

Eliminating sebum is dealing with the symptom.

Note the peppermint oil is a type of androgen blockade.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:16 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
I have a topical that I add to a shampoo that works quite well for eliminating sebum excess. It will not change the autocrine and paracrine actions from kerotinocytes to the invagination of the hair bulb via dermal papilla.

What's the topical?

CausticSymmetry wrote:

is that good or bad?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:19 pm

that would be dmso and lithium look at his topicals page.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Maelstrom Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:13 am

[quote="teacup"]
CausticSymmetry wrote:

CausticSymmetry wrote:

is that good or bad?

I'd like to know the answer to this too if CS could spare the time. I've just added some DMSO and 1 crushed lithium tablet to Dr. Bronners Peppermint soap (the liquid castille stuff).

Would like to know if I should have used something else instead?

Maelstrom

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:21 am

Sebum ---- Fungus ----- Inflammation
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Maelstrom Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:59 am

No arguements there. Just wanting to check that an 'androgen blockade' is a good thing.

Maelstrom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down