Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation.

+12
TheFunkyStumpfighter
LittleFighter
nidhogge
thissucks
lambyjay
Balthier
pancacke
Misirlou
misterE
valderama
Amaranthaceae
Decro435
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. Empty Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation.

Post  Decro435 Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm looking to create a Topical that will ultimately deal with my Scalp Inflammation. I've noticed that the days where I have no scalp inflammation I lose less hair, feel better and I'm much happier. Unfortunately, the only times I've actually had no inflammation since my hair loss began 4 years ago was when using either Finasteride or the first week of using Iodine.

I really don't know which way to go with this. Whether it's blood flow, Scalp Parasites or just DHT related, I want a multi-sided approach. I know a lot of guys here suffer scalp inflammation so this would be very helpful. It seems though that the two things that have helped me with inflammation have been internal and I've run out of internal options to use. Finasteride causes terrible side effects and Iodine lost it's effectiveness and caused severe heart pains to the point of nearly fainting. I seem to suffer inflammation 10x worse than most. So what can I do?.

There's many ingredients for Topicals that are supposed to help, but I know most of them won't work.

Tea Tree Oil
Lavender Oil
Jojoba Oil
Grapeseed Oil
Rosemary Oil
Cedarwood Oil
Peppermint Oil
Olive Oil
Neem Oil
Coconut Oil
Eucalyptus Oil

Ketoconazole
Miconazole
Zinc Oxide
Selenium Sulfate

Apple Cider Vinegar
Borax

Hot/Cold Showers
Head Massage

These are only off the top of my head, there's probably 100's more. Have any of you guys fully eradicated Scalp Inflammation with a Topical regimen?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. Empty Re: Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation.

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:16 pm

In my 4 year battle with genetic vulnerable hair loss, I have reached the conclusion that the
inflammation you mention, is not treateable effectively from the outside. It comes from inside, and the
symptoms cannot be controlled externally.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation. Empty Re: Topical To Deal With Scalp Inflammation.

Post  valderama Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:50 pm

i dont suffer from any visible scalp inflammation and i m no expert but I agree with cpio. I do think topicals can help greatly but I would think you need to close the stable doors before the horses have bolted. Seems to me a good approach would be to tinker with your diet myself i have quit sugar and gluten which i m hoping will help starve any harmful parasites. I m guessing an internal and external treatment would me the best course of action.

valderama

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:56 am

But Diet just doesn't seem to work, I've eaten healthy for long periods and inflammation stays much the same. I eat extremely healthy in comparison with my friends.

Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:40 am

Decro435 wrote:But Diet just doesn't seem to work, I've eaten healthy for long periods and inflammation stays much the same. I eat extremely healthy in comparison with my friends.

Please list everything you eat and everything you avoid.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:11 am

Good suggestion misterE, sometimes healthy-looking foods are not that healthy. You should also try to figure out what kind of body type you have according to Ayurveda medicine. I've also heard that a lot of healthy foods should not be eaten together, but rather separately.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:24 am

For diet I would listen to Ih jdp they have genuine knowledge about this stuff.

Topicaly you can try:
IH topical
clay
iodine
oils
kefir

Important is using an organic shampoo and finding a good shedule for yourself

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am

Kefir and aloe vera help with inflammation topically and take the ACV internally.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 am

I suffer from incredible inflammation at times and its absolutely infuriating. I have found that the only thing that really helps is doing scalp excercises as described on the hairloss-reversible.com website. This hasnt stopped me losing my hair but I feel it has definately slowed it down expecially as it thickens up the hair in the crown area. Evertime I feel the itch coming on I do this excercise and the itching subsides. Topicals are so messy and hard to leave on. I actually found a topical that really helped with inflammation is -
- onion juice (smelly but effective!)
- nettle tea (you can buy the stuffin supermarkets but real nettles are 10x better)
- lavender oil
- aloe vera gel
- sea salt

You can put other stuff in there like tea tree oil that all help a lot as well but its hard to get time to use this messy topical. 20 minutes before a shower is kinda ideal.

Actually just a question for anyone who can tell me -
Why is it that itching subsides for people on finasteride but seems to increase for those on Saw Palmetto/ Beta-Sit?
I thought they were supposed to do roughly the same function?

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:27 pm

cpio wrote:In my 4 year battle with genetic vulnerable hair loss, I have reached the conclusion that the
inflammation you mention, is not treateable effectively from the outside. It comes from inside, and the
symptoms cannot be controlled externally.

Couldn't agree more.

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:30 pm

pancacke wrote:For diet I would listen to Ih jdp they have genuine knowledge about this stuff.

I strongly disagree with this statement. IH recommends a high-saturated-fat/meat-based diet low in fiber and phytonutrients/antioxidants. I believe this type of diet is what gave us hair-loss in the first place.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:24 pm

misterE--

Seems that when I had a high glycemic diet that my hair loss was triggered. Too many carbs and sweets. Factor in alcohol too in college and beyond and that was a high inflammation factor.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 pm

mistere
From what I read IH never advised a meatbased diet, he thinks that different people do better with meat in their diet and others do not.
Avoid sugar, "bad" fats, civilized foods-is what i remember and try to stick with.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 am

MisterE,

Your diet is rich in wheat (major player in many diseases), phyto-toxins, phytic acid, anti nutrients, carbs, etc. That's a recipe for inflammation, leaky gut, auto-immune problems, hypothyroidism, dysbiosis... you name it.

Seems that MisterE's claims and recommendations match those given by the FDA... and who's been killing americans for years with contradicting and errated information???? Your diet seems extremely inflammatory, contradicting research:

http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/search/label/anti-inflammatory%20diet

The Kitavans consume a diet fairly high in carbs (but no wheat, grains or processed crap, or things like the omega-6 you promote) but also high in saturated fat. They also consume fish (yeah ANIMAL foods). They are hyper healthy and a model of study.

The myth that meat and saturated fats are evil has been dispelled long time ago. Saturated fat is healthy and it's needed for omega-3 to do its work (Art Ayers, Ph.D).

I won't say that and all meat and veggies is healthy for everyone, some people need more carbs/starches (HEALTHY ONES, no freaking wheat, corn, soy, etc... think potatoes), including myself...

Decro,

If you have seb. derm. or dandruff (sources of destructive inflammation), don't waste time and attack it with Vinegar. Use it daily, the white kind (cheaper) and in full strength, leave overnight if you can.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:22 am

pancacke wrote: "bad" fats

What is your definition of "bad-fats"?

To me, all fats are bad except the essential-fatty-acids (omega-3 and omega-6) and even those need to be in a certain balance 4 to 1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3. All other fats like trans, saturated and monounsaturated are unessential and serve absolutely no purpose in the body other than to provide extra calories in the form of body-fat.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:30 am

I should add...

The Kitavans consume most of their fat as SATURATED fat, very very little poly- and slightly more mono-.

People need to consume huge and unhealthy amounts of omega-3 (fragile fats) to offset the omega-6s and lack of saturated fat to see results (for instance inflammation reduction).

Sorry for going off topic....
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:40 am

LittleFighter wrote:
People need to consume huge and unhealthy amounts of omega-3 (fragile fats) to offset the omega-6s and lack of saturated fat to see results (for instance inflammation reduction).

You do realize the body makes all the saturated-fat it needs on its own right? Eating saturated-fat will automatically be stored as body-fat. And body-fat secretes inflammatory-cytokines, estrogens and decreases insulin-sensitivity.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:52 am

Eating saturated-fat will automatically be stored as body-fat.

No, it doesn't, and the people here have been providing overwhelming proof of that for you specifically going on 6 months now.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:01 am

LittleFighter wrote:People need to consume huge and unhealthy amounts of omega-3 (fragile fats) to offset the omega-6s and lack of saturated fat to see results (for instance inflammation reduction).

For inflammation reduction, what's the ratio we are looking for? How much krill oil would be needed in your opinion?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:15 am

misterE wrote:
You do realize the body makes all the saturated-fat it needs on its own right? Eating saturated-fat will automatically be stored as body-fat. And body-fat secretes inflammatory-cytokines, estrogens and decreases insulin-sensitivity.

FWIW, I've been consuming HUGE amounts of saturated fat and my total cholesterol fell 40 points.

To avoid confusion, I should mention that not all saturated fat is the same.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:
Eating saturated-fat will automatically be stored as body-fat.

No, it doesn't, and the people here have been providing overwhelming proof of that for you specifically going on 6 months now.

Actually, if you read the thread called the fat you eat is the fat you wear , I carefully explain how all fat (even omega-3) is automatically stored as body-fat. When confronted about this, CS refused to answer my question four or five times and even threatened to ban me towards the end of the thread! He (nor anyone else) showed any evidence to the contrary.

You can make claims that you have been "providing overwhelming proof" all you want, but under close inspection, you really haven't.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:11 am

Having a quick look through that topic, he didn't really single you out, or threaten to ban you.

He clearly stated that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and are unlikely to change and the constant debate between people about diets may result in him having to ban people, if that stops the problems.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:13 am

pancacke wrote:
For inflammation reduction, what's the ratio we are looking for? How much krill oil would be needed in your opinion?

For inflammation reduction, you want to eliminate as much trans, saturated and monounsaturated-fats and consume omega-6 and omega-3 essential-fatty-acids in a 4:1 or 3:1 ratio as it is found in most vegetables, legumes, fruits and whole-grains.

Cutting out these fats from your diet will lessen the amount in which they are incorporated into your body-fat. What is interesting is that body-fat is actually an endocrine-organ much like the liver, pancreas or kidneys and it secretes powerful cytokines that dictate the level of inflammation in the body, not to mention body-fat contains aromatase, which creates estrogens.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 am

tooyoung wrote:Having a quick look through that topic, he didn't really single you out, or threaten to ban you.

He clearly stated that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and are unlikely to change and the constant debate between people about diets may result in him having to ban people, if that stops the problems.

CausticSymmetry wrote:Attention:

In the interest of keeping this forum only on hair issues can we stop the diet debates?

I really doubt that anyone is going to change their opinions.

If this keeps up, I'll have no choice but to ban. This forum was once an exclusive place to talk about hair loss using natural methods. As the founder, I intend to keep it that way.

misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:16 am

"can we stop the diet debates?"
"I really doubt that anyone is going to change their opinions."
"If this keeps up, I'll have no choice but to ban."

Didn't quote you, or mention your name.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next