Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation?

+3
Hoppipolla
Decro435
ezmbh
7 posters

Go down

How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? Empty How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation?

Post  ezmbh Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:31 am

How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation, visually?

When I focus my attention on my scalp i feel some burnings some tingling but i dont know if I am imagining this or if it's real.. how can I verify inflammation visually?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? Empty Re: How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation?

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 am

For some their scalp appears red. But in my case, were there was excessive inflammation, my scalp was never red. It actually looked just like a normal scalp.

I believe everyone who suffers AGA has inflammation, just on a different scale. If you believe you have it, then you most likely have it and aren't just imagining it.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? Empty Re: How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation?

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:26 am

Yeah I never know when I'm just imagining it either, it can be hard to tell. How often do you feel it?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 am

My scalp is pink and itchy when inflammation is present.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:54 am

A good way to tell would be to mix a bunch of Lugol's in water, and rinse your scalp with it. If your scalp somehow feels miles better, you probably have big inflammation issues as Lugol's in water, especially if you throw in some ascorbic acid until it turns clear, will do a number on inflammation. In any case, I'd just assume you have inflammation even if you're not sure. Better to be on the safe side.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 am

well done FunkyStumpfighter, that's fantastic advice Smile

Will it work with my Iosol? What kind of concentration should I use do you know?

Good call Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 am

Why does applying Iodine deal with scalp inflammation?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:55 am

No idea on the iosol front, I've never tried it.

I have no clue why it works so well on inflammation, maybe it's through its antioxidant properties. All I know is that a healthy dose of Lugol's turned clear with ascorbic acid in water will decimate my inflammation for a few hours. I think there are a few others here that have had the same experience.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:32 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Yeah I never know when I'm just imagining it either, it can be hard to tell. How often do you feel it?

Ever since I knew of inflammation causing AGA (a month or 2 ago) every time I notice my scalp is feels "inflamed", i mean it feels itchy in some areas or all over, pressure (almost as if pulsating blood pressure) and burning... almost all the time.

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:35 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter wrote:No idea on the iosol front, I've never tried it.

I have no clue why it works so well on inflammation, maybe it's through its antioxidant properties. All I know is that a healthy dose of Lugol's turned clear with ascorbic acid in water will decimate my inflammation for a few hours. I think there are a few others here that have had the same experience.

Thank you, I dont have Lugol's yet but may try the iosol route.

If felt inflamed even though i quit wheat and gluten and nuts and try avoid high glycemic food .. I only started taking supplements a couple weeks ago.

It'd be nice if I could look at the scalp using a magnifying mirror or take a photo with my camera and zoom to see what "inflammation" looks like. I will try the camera option, but again I don't know what to compare it with so I may have good macro pictures of the hairs but I dont know what is un-inflamed to compare it with my scalp.

Thanks

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  ezmbh Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:30 am

I probably have an infection based on the below, do you have any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Jessy: Inflammation is a sign of infection or irritation. Infections that affect the scalp include fungal, yeast or bacterial. Fungal infections commonly cause hair loss due to breakage. Another type of infection that can affect hair and scalp is demodex folliculorum. It is parasitic infection of the hair follicles. A "crawling sensation" is associated with this condition. All of these conditions are described in more detail in my book Hair Loss in Women...Getting to the Root of the Problem.
Essential oils have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties. Using a potent essential oil scalp treatment may be very effective.
Because your condition has been long-standing it is possible that the infection has gone deeper into the follicles. Once this happens there is a possibility of follicle damage or scarring.
A dermatologist or trichologist would be able to determine the type and severity of infection. They could also determine if scarring has occurred. If you choose to see a dermatologist make sure they are highly knowledgeable and experienced in hair loss conditions, and that they are open to natural remedies. You can find more information on types, causes and cures of female hair loss in my website.
Sincerely, Melanie Vonzabuesnig
Essential Oils for Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/aromatherapy%20for%20hair%20loss.html
Understanding Female Hair Loss
http://www.vzbotanicals.com/Books%20info.html

source: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Hair-Loss-1012/2009/6/Inflamed-scalp.htm

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

How do I tell if I have scalp inflammation? Empty Help needed!

Post  ezmbh Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:40 am

I do feel inflammation "burning sensation with pressure" and "crawling sensations" especially in the front and middle of my scalp exactly where the hair is thinning like crazy!

funny how I was unaware of this feeling until I was asked "how does your scalp feel" !

Now, I need help, how do i stop the burning, itch, crawling .. how do I kill the germs in the scalp and reduce inflammation?

ezmbh

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:12 am

Other signs are, of course, shedding of healthy-looking hairs and gunk at the root of such fallen hairs.

Sunlight exposure, like 5-10 minutes a few times per day, is a good way to kill the critters that cause inflammation. Cleaning the scalp (shampooing) is another part of the equation.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:51 am

takingaction wrote:Other signs are, of course, shedding of healthy-looking hairs and gunk at the root of such fallen hairs.

Sunlight exposure, like 5-10 minutes a few times per day, is a good way to kill the critters that cause inflammation. Cleaning the scalp (shampooing) is another part of the equation.

takingaction - Thanks. I do have gunk at the root of some hairs, the gunk varies in size.

I don't know what a "healthy looking" hair should look like, so when i see shedding all the hairs look the same, usually or almost always, thin hairs.

I have been trying to get sun exposure, also now using essential oils, and using dr bronner's magic soap, soon i will start with topical kefir and am researching other methods to kill any potential critters Smile
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:51 am

what does a healthy looking hair supposed to look like?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Probably like the hairs you had prior to hair loss.

Don't overwhelm your scalp with treatments, because that could make it more inflamed.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down