Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp inflammation. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp inflammation. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp inflammation. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp inflammation. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp inflammation. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp inflammation. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp inflammation. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp inflammation. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp inflammation. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp inflammation.

+3
CausticSymmetry
Hoppipolla
Decro435
7 posters

Go down

Scalp inflammation. Empty Scalp inflammation.

Post  Decro435 Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 am

Okay, well I've basically tried everything for scalp itch. My hair is coming out extremely fast as I have very aggressive MPB. The Top 6 just doesn't do it for us young guys with very aggressive MPB. I have tried it without success, although I believe it most likely works for older guys and the young guys who don't have such aggressive MPB. Anyway, I can't use Finasteride because of its adverse effects so I'm kind of stuck. I'll be bald literally within about 4-5 months, no exaggeration, which is quite depressing at 20 years old. Anyway, as of now I want to just deal with stopping this scalp itch, it is so aggravating. You guys think your hair loss is bad, but for most of you it isn't. Brushing my hand through my hair yesterday in the shower revealed 32 hairs... one brush!

Nizoral originally helped but unfortunately it was way too drying on my hair and scalp.
Revita was brilliant and slowed down the loss by a lot, I've recently (past 2 months) had to quit it because after continuous use has caused a extreme negative reaction in which my face would become extremely red and itchy. I believed that this was probably an allergic reaction, but I now think it was probably due to the caffeine or niacin. If anyone has any ideas on what caused this please fill me in.
Lithium and DMSO topical hasn't been used yet. I haven't seen many testimonies from young guys like me with extreme itchy scalp about it curing their problem. Also I'm broke and ordering online etc. doesn't work because my parents will be like "WTF are you ordering Lithium off the internet for???"( Bank statement ).

I've been looking into something like RegenePure shampoo but unfortuenatly it is too similar to Revita and will most likely cause the same adverse reactions. Can somebody link me to a shampoo that is like these without the caffeine and niacin?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Scalp inflammation. Empty Re: Scalp inflammation.

Post  Decro435 Mon May 17, 2010 4:22 am

Also, I never understood the nature of inflammation in young guys with aggressive MPB..

What exactly is it?
Why is it bad some days and not on others?
Why, when I used Finasteride and Revita did it calm down?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 17, 2010 4:49 am

Inflammation is the DHT triggering free radical activity I think, and more sebum, which causes an oily and then dandruffy scalp as fungal activity grows.

A good blood test should make you more equipped to deal with possible underlying causes of your MPB, but additionally my backup plan is just to take very mild fin, and use topical Crinagen and Dr Lee's Spiro, with something like Nanominox as my backup minoxidil (IF needed, but I think spiro and crin might be sufficient) and Xandrox 5% with Retin-A or Proxiphen on my hairline.

But yeah, that's the backup plan! What do you think? lol Smile

Oh, also, Regenepure, should be clear sailing even if you had sides from Revita, from what I've gathered Regenepure is much milder. I like this shampoo very much:

http://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/shop/shop.php?action=full&id=17

But of course it has no direct benefits for MPB, it will just ease inflammation, dandruff, fungal activity etc, it has lots of ingredients that should clear it up significantly.

But yeah hope this post helps! The blood test should help to determine particularly things like thyroid, sex hormones and insulin levels, have you had one recently?
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon May 17, 2010 5:55 am

I had a blood test about 2 years ago when MPB started. I wasn't around when the doctor rang and the results were given to one of my parents. Apparently all he said was that my results were normal. Typical GP no help what so ever. I went to another GP but I was so insecure about my hair loss all I told him was that I had a itchy scalp and he prescribed me a topical hydro cortisone. I never used it because I didn't believe it would help.

- My Mother was hypothyroid after a pregnancy.
- My Mother was also hypoglycemic I believe.
- My Mother has high blood pressure at the moment and thinning hair.
- My Maternal granddad was a NW10,000, I believe he was also slightly anemic and has cancer and heart trouble. Most likely because he worked in the Guinness factory and drank and smoked everyday. He's still alive at 84 though amazingly.

- My Uncle on my Mother's side is a type 2 diabetic and is a NW5.

- My eldest sister had hyperthyroid at one stage. She developed a Goiter, I believe only hypers develop a goiter right?.
- My other sister had slight B12 deficiency, which I believe can be attributed to her vegetarian diet.

- My Father is a NW5.
- My Uncle on my fathers side is a NW4.
- My Father had a Kidney stone years ago and also deals with joint pain and arthritis.
- My Aunt on my Father's side has MS.
- My Father suffered for a while from depression.
- Both his parents were healthy and his father had a good head of hair when he died.

Wow, when I put it down on paper like that it makes my family health history look terrible. Can any information about my hair loss be salvaged from this?.

I guess I most likely get my hair loss problems from my mother's side. I have never done the Barnes Basal test basically because I believe I have MPB.
Reasons for believing that it's not thyroid related:

- I have a receded hairline
- I have a thinning crown.
- I believe it's just extreme aggressive MPB.
- Maternal Grandfather is a NW7......
- Finasteride slowed my hair loss dramatically.
- Scalp itch/inflammation is present.
- Not as common in men

Reasons why it might be:

- Family history
- Apart from hairline and crown, the rest of my head is very thin.
- The sides of my head are extremely thin, from the bottom of my hairline to the back. In a thread about before and after hypothyroid pictures there were a lot of men with thin sides of the head.

So I guess I should probably do the Barnes Basal test, though it seems that most people come up low on it anyways.

Anyway while I'm making this long post I might as well add in some symptoms I'm suffering, i usually attribute them to just being depressed from my hair loss but if you can link them to anything then cheers!

- Pallor
- Fatigue
- Low volume of ejaculate
- Icthy Scalp
- Hair loss
- Thin eyebrows (not exactly the outer third)
- Red puffy face (believe it's probably just genetics) Cheeks have always been slightly red.
- Dry skin
- Eczema sometimes around the lower abdomen. Recently under my arm.
- Hayfever at the moment.

Anyway, thats basically all I can think of at the moment, hair loss is really bringing me down at the moment, writing out a long post like this makes me feel like I'm doing something. Cheers for all your help, please give a lot of attention to this post and tell me if you have any ideas about what I can do about my hair loss. Thanks!.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Mon May 17, 2010 8:15 am

Heya man Smile

I believe I can offer some advice, but of course I too haven't stopped my loss yet (it's early, but I'm still definitely shedding).

Bear in mind man that that treatment I suggested in my first post will almost definitely as far as I can tell stop hair loss dead in it's tracks and cause regrowth. The DHT and 5ar in the scalp would end up very, very low, and spiro would bind to the receptors. It would be properly dead lol

However I do support the idea of a health-focused approach first, and remember you can always get the full results of your blood test on request. So if you were to get another with sex hormone levels, thyroid, insulin, stuff like that, you could have all the results to look at on paper. The history of medical complications and conditions IMO suggests there may be more going on than simply MPB pure and simple, but only tests are really going to confirm that, other than possibly massive dietary changes.

This might perk you up if you think your hair loss is unsaveable, and bear in mind this guy did it without ANY strong topical antiandrogens (like spiro and crinagen):

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=44884

I believe the two largest additions to the "big 3" there were copper peptides and tretinoin, which helps to cut through the collagen. Xandrox w/ Retin-A and Folligen with emu oil would probably be fine. Again, health approach first, but don't forget how many options there are out there to save your hair Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 18, 2010 4:02 am

Decro435 - Your medical history of family shows a very strong hypothyroid connection. Of course, most with low thyroid will be shown to be 'normal' because thyroid tests are practically useless unless you have severe hypothyroidism.

The reason is because of thyroid hormone resistance. TSH is considered the "gold standard," yet it is wholly inaccurate. So if you test your basal temperature instead, it will provide a clue.

Thyroid (low) will predict most causes of cancer, heart disease and so forth.

That all being said, I would suggest you do two things as this point. Since you're young, give 50 to 100 mg of Beta Sitosterol twice per day a try (this is very cheap). 2nd, and most important, go on iodine and selenium.

You might mention to your parents that lithium is a natural mineral, except that pharmaceutical companies have a form, which is not so healthy, because it suffers from poor bioavailabilty, so to get therapeutical levels induces toxicity.

This is not the case for lithium orotate or aspartate. Also, point out that topical lithium is support in the scientific literature as anti seborrheic agent.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 am

Folligen (Copper Peptides) helped me a many women on another hairloss site I am a member of stop their itching. It also calmed my shed down from 150-200/days to 10-15 after about 6 weeks, but now my shed's back up a little--30-50/day (could be just that it is Spring and most of us have watched our sheds increase a little in the Spring). You might want to try it. My problem really seems to be more of trying to get my hair to grow back, which is why I am on Immortal's regimen now--I still use the copper and probably always will.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Scalp inflammation. Empty re: itch / shed

Post  crysanthium Tue May 18, 2010 2:05 pm

I second Caustics rx to try beta sit. I dont use it now but I did for a few years and it was the first thing I took along with some other natural DHT blockers that made a dramatic difference. I had bad itching and shedding... about 3 days after starting beta sit, pygeum, saw palmetto, and a few others the itching was basically gone. I'd Rx experimenting in that area to help slow the progression. You will know if its working because the itching will drop off dramatically. I also could not use the hair loss drugs because the sides were too strong for me... I never noticed any sides while on natural DHT blockers though ... go figure

crysanthium

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Wow really? That's really interesting, I think that's the first fully positive, clear testimonial about the natural blockers I've ever read! lol

So you mixed beta-sit, sp and pa? What else was in there?

I ask because as I said in my last thread my hair is... still a little shakey and doubtful right now, it's hard to quite work out what's going on up there!

I was considering chucking in some mild Fin, but if a good blend of herbal treatments stands a fair chance of doing it then I'll go for natural every time Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Tue May 18, 2010 11:18 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Since you're young, give 50 to 100 mg of Beta Sitosterol twice per day a try (this is very cheap).

I've heard that olive oil contains some Beta Sitosterol. Would it be enough to consume some olive oil daily in order to get the needed Beta Sitosterol? Because I can't find Beta Sitosterol in my country

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed May 19, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for all the information guys, it's been very helpful. I'll test my thyroid when I get home tomorrow and go from there.

CS: I still haven't recovered from the negative Finasteride side effects. I don't think I ever will. Is there any chance that Beta sis will cause any negative side effects? and when is the comparison between the side effects from finasteride and the side effects from beta sis?.

How does hypothyroidism link in with AGA?. Does it effect the other hormones in the body, thus causing AGA?. I would have thought hair loss in hypothyroidism would be diffuse and not have the characteristics of AGA like a receding hairline and thinning crown.

Also, my father is an anesthetist and mother is a nurse so they might understand the whole lithium thing.

Lambaugh: I used to apply olive oil to my head to ease the itching. It was too messy though so I dropped it. Must have been the beta that helped the itch..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 19, 2010 3:32 am

Lambaugh - Olive oil is not that rich Beta Sitosterol, however avocados are the richest food in it. If you have access to avocados, it may help. Eating one or two per day will give you around 100 mg or more.

Decro435 - Low thyroid is linked with every disease/condition that MPB is associated with. For example, heart disease, diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, vascular problems, etc.

Low thyroid precipitates elevation of inflammatory cytokines.

Most medical professionals, have very little knowledge about the differences in natural lithium and the drug lithium carbonate. Most of them only know about the problems with the drug and are not aware of the natural alternative, much less its safety profile.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Wed May 19, 2010 11:30 am

In regards to DHT blockers, any idea what the best one to take?

Though pricey, this one seems to have all the big hitters

Superior Hair

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed May 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Good call brandnew! I didn't know such good combos existed out there, I had only really seem/heard of the often poor over-marketed ones like Procerin and Provillus and all that stuff. Also the guys who make Crinagen make one: http://www.hairsite.com/secure/razack_natrecia.htm but it doesn't strike me as being that great o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down