Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Swanson Quality? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Swanson Quality? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Swanson Quality? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Swanson Quality? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Swanson Quality? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Swanson Quality? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Swanson Quality? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Swanson Quality? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Swanson Quality? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Swanson Quality?

4 posters

Go down

Swanson Quality? Empty Swanson Quality?

Post  NewReg Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows what level of quality Swanson supplements would be considered. The reason I ask is that they seem like a private label brand (one company that I've never seen in a health food store can't have that many original formulas), and that they are about 1/4 the price of other more mainstream brands. They say they are GMP, which is great, but ISO 9001 and 17025 certification is just as important when considering toxins, nutritional bioavailability, etc. Who knows if the companies that actually make their supplements follow these guidelines?

In the past, the only thing I've taken from Swanson is 7HMR and Sensoril, which I didn't have any results from (not sure if it was their brand or just the substances themselves). Their supplements are definitely attractive because they're so cheap, but if the optimum nutrition can't be derived, then the value is nil to me. Thoughts? Results? Studies?

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Swanson Quality? Empty Re: Swanson Quality?

Post  VermontBeauty Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:44 am

They get if from a reputable source in the Netherlands. The same place other Mag oil suppliers get it from, but charge way too much for it.

http://www.zechsteininside.com/indexeng.html

NewReg wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows what level of quality Swanson supplements would be considered. The reason I ask is that they seem like a private label brand (one company that I've never seen in a health food store can't have that many original formulas), and that they are about 1/4 the price of other more mainstream brands. They say they are GMP, which is great, but ISO 9001 and 17025 certification is just as important when considering toxins, nutritional bioavailability, etc. Who knows if the companies that actually make their supplements follow these guidelines?

In the past, the only thing I've taken from Swanson is 7HMR and Sensoril, which I didn't have any results from (not sure if it was their brand or just the substances themselves). Their supplements are definitely attractive because they're so cheap, but if the optimum nutrition can't be derived, then the value is nil to me. Thoughts? Results? Studies?

VermontBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:47 am

I asked this question when I was a newbie on these boards and never got an answer. But now I have had plenty of experience and can offer one.

Generally, Swansons is a brand you can trust. I think they take pride in their name and seek a genuine relationship with their customers. They also are unique in their ability to pass along value with their own branded stuff, in that they cut out the middle man (straight from source to retail with no brick and mortar store).

Another way they pass along value is that they don't spend much on marketing. You'll note that their bottles look shabby, with labels that seem printed from some shabby ink jet printer more akin to makeshift operation. You should actually be happy about this. Yes, it is nice to get a product in a fancy package, but don't be fooled, that package isn't free: you, the consumer, PAID FOR IT. Any investment in marketing gets passed directly to the consumer through an inflated price.

It's best to research source or standards for products. In other words Keneka Ubiquinol should be the same regardless of label. It gets a little trickier with some of their other stuff. For instance, I think their Astaxanthin is excellent and a great value. Their Deer Antler Velvet, I wasn't as thrilled with and prefer to pay a bit more and get elsewhere. So it may be a matter of sampling stuff, but they do offer a satisfaction guarantee which is the best in the business.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Christos Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:33 pm

I've been pretty happy with Swanson's. The damiana, sarsaparilla, maca, GH stimulants, DIM that I buy of them seems to have the desired hormonal effect. DIM from them and any other place seems to oestrogenise me so I'll discontinue it. Kudzu Recovery seems to lessen the appetite for alcohol.

So all in all their products that produce a quick effect seem to work. Harder to tell if their GSE, Vitamin C, E etc. work, but they seem to as I don't get colds since I started taking vitamins years ago.

Christos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down