Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyYesterday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine

+4
chapat
CausticSymmetry
hadrion
nidhogge
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine Empty Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine

Post  nidhogge Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 am

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU317/ItemDetail?SourceCode=INTE438

$30/month, not bad! Same deal I actually got at Puritan.com, except one less pill needed to take a day with Swanson's Triple-Strength. Someone ought to jump on this and do it for 6-months with me to see what it does for our hair! *nod*

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine Empty Re: Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine

Post  hadrion Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:42 am

They also have buy one get one 7HMR Lignans -- get a 4 month supply for the price of the two month supply. That's a great deal.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine Empty Re: Swanson Buy One get One Phosphatidylserine

Post  hadrion Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:36 am

nidhogge wrote:http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU317/ItemDetail?SourceCode=INTE438

$30/month, not bad! Same deal I actually got at Puritan.com, except one less pill needed to take a day with Swanson's Triple-Strength. Someone ought to jump on this and do it for 6-months with me to see what it does for our hair! *nod*

Nid -- what's it supposed to do? I'm out of the loop on this one.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:54 am

The phospholipid content is really high in here, IH said it may lead to regrowth/thickening. I hope he chimes in here!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:41 am

I'm using a combo of Krill Oil and mega high dose Lecithin to get those phospholipids. But Phosphatidylserine is another source and is more concentrated. Phosphatidylserine (PS) has some pretty cool benefits on its own, such as increasing testosterone and lowering cortisol.

This is experimental, but it may grow hair.

There is research to support phospholipids in hair growth, but no one has reported on whether an internal intake will work--so I've been taking a high dose of it for a while to find out. So far it seems promising, but if others get a similar effect it would be a extra positive sign.

While it's true that we manufacture phospholipids internally, our ability to make it declines. It's worth noting that you can forget about getting Alzheimer's disease because it won't happen with a lot of phospholipids--then again other things in our arsenal also prevent us from getting it.

Anyway, the additional intake of phospholipids in theory would "shield" our hair against destructive proteins. Phosphatic acid in particular is the primary phospholipid we're looking to find in PS and high PC-Lecithin. Phosphatic acid content is found in both PS and Lecithin (high phosphatidylcholine) but in relatively small amounts.

It seems that the number of enzymes that break down these phospholipids leave us vulnerable. I've mentioned phospholipase A2 in this regard.

Take a look at this patent I found:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=US1992000070&DISPLAY=DESC
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:43 am

I wanted to add that high PC Lecithin contains PS, you just have to take a lot of it, preferably high PC Lecithin. So either taking PS or high PC lecithin will do the job.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:50 am

Here's an old regrowth thread I posted, as some of these links are hard to find:

http://www.regrowthsite.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=1&t=15378
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:31 am

IH,

I'm already taking the Krill Oil (2g a day) and high dose Lecithin (4 of the Swansons gel caps with each meal). I shouldn't need to add this too, right?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:34 am

hadrion - That's right--you're already covered.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:00 am

Hadrion--

That's what I'm doing too. I'm gonna add in the 600mg of PS a day though as I'm all about overkill. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 am

I forget who posted it but this stuff is suppose to lower cortisol levels too right?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:11 am

chapat wrote:I forget who posted it but this stuff is suppose to lower cortisol levels too right?

This is from Dr. John over at All Things Male forum.

100mgs of PS has been shown to lower cortisol by 35%.

It has also been reported to improve cognitive function. Until you take too much--for many over 300mgs per day--then it can impede cognitive function.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:32 am

Hey Joejoe thanks for that post if it was you awhile ago, I have been using around 200mg a day and I feel great. Thanks again

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am

Ah fuck, so I'm overdosing basically. Well, guess I'll keep it up for a while and see if my cognitive function gets impaired. So, if I start sucking real bad at Rock Band, I'll know something is up! Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:18 am

chapat wrote:Hey Joejoe thanks for that post if it was you awhile ago, I have been using around 200mg a day and I feel great. Thanks again

Nice! Really glad I could help chapat. 200mg seems to be the sweet spot for me as well. Anymore and I literally can't move I'm so tired.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 am

nidhogge wrote:Ah fuck, so I'm overdosing basically. Well, guess I'll keep it up for a while and see if my cognitive function gets impaired. So, if I start sucking real bad at Rock Band, I'll know something is up! Wink

lol
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:03 am

Nid
That's great LOL I was going to try the Swanson's deal but that much I might look like a zombie with drool running down my face.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:50 am

But PS can make us tired????Why? Neutral
And should I take it also,beeing a female??

Joejoebaggins wrote:
chapat wrote:Hey Joejoe thanks for that post if it was you awhile ago, I have been using around 200mg a day and I feel great. Thanks again

Nice! Really glad I could help chapat. 200mg seems to be the sweet spot for me as well. Anymore and I literally can't move I'm so tired.
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:42 pm

So what's the interest in Phosphatidylserine (PS)?

It's a type of phospholipid and is found in high phospholipid content lecithin, it's also found in egg yolks, and the brain.

Studies show that at the right amount can lower cortisol and boost testosterone levels under stressful conditions.

So if you're under a lot of stress, may be a consideration.

Experimentally, Phosphatidylserine & high phospholipid content lecithin contain some phosphatic acid, which as been shown to increase hair growth. Whether this occurs with oral use has not been studied and is a total unknown.

Our bodies can produce phospholipids, yet as we age our ability to produce them dwindles. Phospholipids allow a superior transport of essential fatty acids into the cell membrane. They also serve as a protective sheath, and in theory, may protect us against transforming growth factor beta type inflammation, as well as oxidative stress itself.

When we are poisoned with metals (especially mercury) phospholipids become externalized. There is then little to protect against oxidation. Our brains make up a good portion in phospholipids and will improve memory as well.

I believe at least at this stage that phospholipids may be having a positive effect on my hair. Of course, my hair has been improving progressively, yet I believe the last 6-months of phospholipid consumption may be partly responsible.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:49 pm

IH so is that why one of the symptoms when I had mercury poisoning was brain fog, depression, loss of memory since I have gotten out the mercury fillings and taking the PS I have been felling really good?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:53 pm

chapat - Yes, I would almost bet on it. When mercury is extracted, even by the very best mercury removal equipped dentists, mercury toxicity is a given and even a small amount pushes out protective phospholipids, so it would make perfect sense.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:23 pm

I´ve already took soy lecithin,because of phosphatidilcoline,for memory,but latter I heard a doctor talking about soy,that it may increase cancer affraid .It´s frustrating,I really don´t know who to believe anymore Crying or Very sad

CausticSymmetry wrote:So what's the interest in Phosphatidylserine (PS)?

It's a type of phospholipid and is found in high phospholipid content lecithin, it's also found in egg yolks, and the brain.

Studies show that at the right amount can lower cortisol and boost testosterone levels under stressful conditions.

So if you're under a lot of stress, may be a consideration.

Experimentally, Phosphatidylserine & high phospholipid content lecithin contain some phosphatic acid, which as been shown to increase hair growth. Whether this occurs with oral use has not been studied and is a total unknown.

Our bodies can produce phospholipids, yet as we age our ability to produce them dwindles. Phospholipids allow a superior transport of essential fatty acids into the cell membrane. They also serve as a protective sheath, and in theory, may protect us against transforming growth factor beta type inflammation, as well as oxidative stress itself.

When we are poisoned with metals (especially mercury) phospholipids become externalized. There is then little to protect against oxidation. Our brains make up a good portion in phospholipids and will improve memory as well.

I believe at least at this stage that phospholipids may be having a positive effect on my hair. Of course, my hair has been improving progressively, yet I believe the last 6-months of phospholipid consumption may be partly responsible.
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:30 pm

sissi - Okay, well I have an easy answer for you. Soy derived lecithin contains virtually no soy protein. Also, soy doesn't necessarily cause cancer. There is no such thing as an undeniable fact in medicine.

Whether there is a risk with soy or not, lecithin is not going to be a problem in this case.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:19 am

Ohh,so the lecithin (from soy) doesn´t contain soy???Is that correct,Immorthal???
If ´s that,I´m gonna start it again Smile
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:06 pm

sissi - The "bad' stuff in soy isn't contained within the soy lecithin, which is extracted from soy to any amount that deems any concern. If there's any bad stuff in there at all, say do to poor extraction methods, it would be very very low, and not worthy of your attention.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next