Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Nothing works? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Nothing works? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Nothing works? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Nothing works? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Nothing works? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Nothing works? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Nothing works? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Nothing works? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Nothing works? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Nothing works?

+5
Warren
lund
Silverlin
CausticSymmetry
lukso
9 posters

Go down

Nothing works? Empty Nothing works?

Post  lukso Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Hello, I am fighting with my hairloss two years and it seems like nothing works for me. I am 24 years old, with strong androgenetic alopecia predisposition. After 3 years of thinning it remains approximately 30% of hair coverage on top of my head. My treatments:

Finasteride 1,25mg - 15 months
Many IH supplements (ALA, ALC, 7hmr, CLO, Antioxidants, DIM, Biotin, ZMA, Maca) - 12 months (Last 3 months added curcumin)
Homemade laser hlemet with 100 diodes (moovable cluster 3x20min, 3 times per week) - 8 months
Mag oil, Lugol's iodine - 3 months
Topical oils (Coconut, Aloe vera, Jojoba), GFSE - 8 months
Healthy food, sports, gym - 15 months

I lost many hairs in last year and my temples become uncovered.
Only positive things, what i noticed are less oily and itchy scalp.. possibly thanks to lllt, GFSE cure and Aloe vera.
I've got some another small health improvements like fewer acne, but one problem still remains: cold hands. I have cold hands and feet almost always, although I am taking more than 35mg of Lugol's iodine per day.

This regimen doesn't stop my hairloss, but why?

lukso

Back to top Go down

Nothing works? Empty Re: Nothing works?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:42 am

lukso - Do you have family history of stroke, heart disease or clotting disorder?

You might want to look into getting a toxic urine test for heavy metals. Let's say if you were found to have high levels of mercury, lead, copper or iron this could make an impact and a form of chelation would help.

Have you tried the Candida spit test?

If you happen to be low thyroid, it can take a while to recover from it. You might need to take a glandular in addition to
the iodine. If you're taking iodine, it would be a mistake to take it without selenium. In fact, it's really a good idea to be taking the full range of vitamins and minerals, especially also vitamin C and b-vitamins and the vitamin E family (tocopherols/tocotrienols.

Have you tried Ecklonia Cava? This might have been within your antioxidants but I've found this to be the most useful of anything I have ever used.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 am

lukso - "Healthy food" can be somewhat of an ambiguous term these days. Could you be more specific with your diet? Have you tried cutting out gluten?

Just thought I'd throw some questions out there on top of everything CS mentioned.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:10 am

have you checked your thyroids? There are 4-5 blood tests and you can do your basal temperature test as well. You may be hypo. If Iodine is not working for you - then your next course of action should be armour - but 1st check to see if you have a hypo situation....basal temp check is easy.

Also, adrenals should be checked as well - how is your sleep? if you are not sleeping well, then do the 4 times saliva test.

You have spent so much money on supps that are not working for you, why not do some testing for thyroid and adrenals. For non performing situations thyroid / adrenals / allergies (gluten is hot these days) testing should be in order... time to find some answers vs blindly trying supps...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Let's say you have low basal temp but your thyroid blood tests are immaculate. Then what do you do? How can you get Armor? I doubt a doctor would prescribe it without blood tests confirming the hypothyroidism.

lund wrote:have you checked your thyroids? There are 4-5 blood tests and you can do your basal temperature test as well. You may be hypo. If Iodine is not working for you - then your next course of action should be armour - but 1st check to see if you have a hypo situation....basal temp check is easy.

Also, adrenals should be checked as well - how is your sleep? if you are not sleeping well, then do the 4 times saliva test.

You have spent so much money on supps that are not working for you, why not do some testing for thyroid and adrenals. For non performing situations thyroid / adrenals / allergies (gluten is hot these days) testing should be in order... time to find some answers vs blindly trying supps...

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Sub-clinical hypo-thyroidism is as real as getting fever in your lifetime - well may be I went too far with that statement.

But seriously the Naturopath / DO / MD willing to consider Armour for hypothroid is most likely to be open minded about your basal temperature results as well. The alternative community (where Armour belongs) definitely considers the basal temp as a source of info as well.

If you wait couple weeks, I will tell you about my experience. I do not know yet about my blood tests, but my basal temps are in the 96es which definitely puts me as hypo from the basal temp results - we will see what my blood work for Thyroid comes up with - but the doc I am going states that he takes into account basal temp results.

Warren wrote:Let's say you have low basal temp but your thyroid blood tests are immaculate. Then what do you do? How can you get Armor? I doubt a doctor would prescribe it without blood tests confirming the hypothyroidism.

lund wrote:have you checked your thyroids? There are 4-5 blood tests and you can do your basal temperature test as well. You may be hypo. If Iodine is not working for you - then your next course of action should be armour - but 1st check to see if you have a hypo situation....basal temp check is easy.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 pm

And again Armour is taken in grains - it is a sliding dosage, you start with 1 grain or so and go from there, folks who really need this goto 4-5 grains on a regular basis. So depending on the need the dosage is experimented. If your serum results for Thyroid are all in the upper range but your basal temp is still low, perhaps you will start and stay at a very low dosage of Armour.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lukso Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks guys for your interest..

CS:
My father overcame small heart stroke around his 63. But he was strong smoker.

How can i get metal urine test?

I tried candida spit test before 1 year with negative result. I will try it tomorrow again.

I incline to my possibility be low-thyroid, but i didn't test it. I am not tired or weak and i am not gaining weight - rather the opposite i have a difficulty to gain some. Only symptoms what i am noticing are cold hands since i remember.
My next step in this will be morning temp test and add selenium and maybe those glandular.

To question about gluten. I was on warrior diet for 4 months with minimum of gluten and i didn't notice change.

When i find out something new i will post it here.

lukso

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Something that may be worth a try is 100% tea tree oil in olive oil, into the dry.flakey and thinning places.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 am

cpio wrote:Something that may be worth a try is 100% tea tree oil in olive oil, into the dry.flakey and thinning places.
I really DO LOVE these cheap "treatments"...
cheers
tommmash
tommmash

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:55 am

Spit test is a joke in my opinion - look at your tongue, white coating (thrush) is bad sign, the thicker the coating the worst the situation.

Also, for gluten allergy you have to completely (200%) eliminate it from your envionment, going down to the point of paranoi (to see if that helps). I have a family member who was diagnosed with this and his food was to be prepared in a separate part of the kitchen using quranteened pots/pans as the rest of the house was eating normal food items. So you really have to look at everything when trying to be gluten free. I am not saying you have the issue - but to see the effect, it has to be annihilated from your environment.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lukso Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 am

I have decided to move forward and give it a next try. As soon as possible i will look for thyroid test. Also i've find out, that i have spreaded candida. My vision about next regimen is something like this: (Please check any conflicts and deficiencies)

--7:00
lugol, green clay drink, multi-vitamin-mineral

--8:00
whey protein, vit c, full spectrum e , d3 + k2

--10:00
probiotics, oregano oil, ubiquinol, selenium
meal1(veggies, fats)

--14:00
digestive enzymes, vit d, b5, b12, brewers yeast
meal2(veggies, meat)

--19:00
ALA, ALC, turmeric
meal3(main meal with carbs)

--22:00
omega3, topical magnesium, sleep........

Probably i'll try one-two weeks without yeast and almost without carbs, because candida.
In addition i am upgrading my laser helmet for full scalp coverage.

lukso

Back to top Go down

Post  baroudeur Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:45 am

cpio wrote:Something that may be worth a try is 100% tea tree oil in olive oil, into the dry.flakey and thinning places.
Hi Cpi,did it work on you? how much TTO you put in olive oil??
thanks

baroudeur

Back to top Go down

Post  lukso Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Hello. I have some news about me. I tried to fix the overgrowth of candida. I was almost 3 weeks on carbs free diet, only proteins and fats. My supplements to fight candida were 50 mg of iodine, french green clay, zeolite, oregano oil and a lot of coconut oil. After about 6 days I experienced realy bad times, perhaps die-off syndrom. From that time it became nice clarity to me, no headache, no diarrhea. Then i added probiotics - Saccharomyces boulardii with L-glutamine on the morning and multi strain on the evening.
Now i am taking another supplements about 3 weeks: iodine 20 mg, vitamin C, D, full-spectrum E, Zn, topical Mg, biotin, brewers yeast, ALA, ALC, ubiquinol, probiotics, selenium.
What does it change after this time: I have no headaches anymore, before i had more time through the day. I have more energy. And what is the most amazing to me is the morning wake up. Before it was suffering, now i can get up fresh after first alarm.
But there is one long term problem what i would like to solve - cold hands almost all the time. I do sport very often, i dont know that bad circulation comes from, whether it is low thyroid related or no. So before i started taking lugol i had been on thyroid hormones blood test.
I got these results: free T3: 5.55, T4: 19.8, TSH: 0.85. By standard ranges the values are ok, but I am aware, that these standard tests aren't accurate.
I would like to ask you guys, what could be my next step?

lukso

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 am

Post the ranges for the thyroid tests as well. So for example, your TSH is 0.85 - next to that on the report it should say what is the normal range (0.05 --> 5.0) as an example. You did not do Antibodies and reverse T3? The numbers for T4 and T4 are these the Free form?

How are your adrenals? Check that angle as well...

lukso wrote:Hello. I have some news about me. I tried to fix the overgrowth of candida. I was almost 3 weeks on carbs free diet, only proteins and fats. My supplements to fight candida were 50 mg of iodine, french green clay, zeolite, oregano oil and a lot of coconut oil. After about 6 days I experienced realy bad times, perhaps die-off syndrom. From that time it became nice clarity to me, no headache, no diarrhea. Then i added probiotics - Saccharomyces boulardii with L-glutamine on the morning and multi strain on the evening.
Now i am taking another supplements about 3 weeks: iodine 20 mg, vitamin C, D, full-spectrum E, Zn, topical Mg, biotin, brewers yeast, ALA, ALC, ubiquinol, probiotics, selenium.
What does it change after this time: I have no headaches anymore, before i had more time through the day. I have more energy. And what is the most amazing to me is the morning wake up. Before it was suffering, now i can get up fresh after first alarm.
But there is one long term problem what i would like to solve - cold hands almost all the time. I do sport very often, i dont know that bad circulation comes from, whether it is low thyroid related or no. So before i started taking lugol i had been on thyroid hormones blood test.
I got these results: free T3: 5.55, T4: 19.8, TSH: 0.85. By standard ranges the values are ok, but I am aware, that these standard tests aren't accurate.
I would like to ask you guys, what could be my next step?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  lukso Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:10 am

I didn't write down the ranges. Yes, the values were marked "free".

lukso

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:54 am

Did you test FERRITIN?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  lukso Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:34 pm

I found some ranges for tsh, ft3 and ft4 values. They can vary little between different laboratories. But what i found, usually they are in our country:
tsh: 0,32 - 4.8 mlu/l ft4: 13 - 25 pmol/l ft3: 3.5 - 6.8 pmol/l

My values are:
tsh: 0.85 ft4: 19.8 ft3: 5.55

Does It mean, that i am ok with my thyroid at all? And my temp / blood circulation problem lies in the other place?

lukso

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 am

yeah actually your thyroid looks good surprising. i rarely see a good thyroid number without taking thyroid meds.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:41 am

I suppose your free t3 could come up just a slight difference, maybe you could accomplish this by taking some Iodoral and Selenium if your already not taking these.

You should see if you can test your Ferritin, most docs will easily test this.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:55 am

The thing you did not do was antibodies and reverse T3. But I would agree, your numbers otherwise look good. D3, B12, and Feritin - would be other items to rule out thyroid completely. My TH numbers are good as well - but my rt3 appears to be high to me - so that is perhaps my issue. So unless you test completely you cannot rule out...

Linked to Thyroid are the adrenals - even if your Thyroids are good and your adrenals are not producing the correct amount of cortisol/aldosterone you will stay screwed up. So 4x saliva test would tell you that.

If all what you worry about is circulation - then perhaps looking into that by itself may be something to consider - cayene, ginko, etc.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:03 am

lukso - Great to hear you did well with reducing Candida overgrowth. In time, taking the Lugol's will help increase your temperature. I would suggest the Broda barnes test, which is done at home.

Here is a good link that explains how to do it:

http://drbate.com/Ref/thyroid.html

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:12 am

yes Reverse t3 is a good test..

http://thyroid-rt3.com/

blackjack

Back to top Go down