Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Nettle Root EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Nettle Root EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Nettle Root EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Nettle Root EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Nettle Root EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Nettle Root EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Nettle Root EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Nettle Root EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Nettle Root EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Nettle Root

5 posters

Go down

Nettle Root Empty Nettle Root

Post  DM5 Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:50 pm

I have been taking Nettle Root for about 8 months. There may be some problems because of raising free testosterone. Isn't it that you want to lower free testosterone instead of raising it. Wouldn't this cause an excess of DHT from the Testosterone freed up and attacking your hair? Maybe Nettle Root is why I lost a bunch of hair. Alot of the reports on it looked at its anti-inflammatory affect and SHBG affect and not the fact that some of this excess freed up testosterone-- then--DHT may be attacking your hairline or scalp. Caustic have you heard of Nettle Root causing a problem for some people? Thanks.
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Nettle Root Empty Re: Nettle Root

Post  HanginInthere Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Why would there be excess DHT
the natural DHT blockers, from what i heard and read, do not change the serum blood levels of DHT, they simply preven the already present DHT from attaching to the androgen receptors at the base of the hair follicles. they also do the same on the prostate.

HanginInthere

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:12 pm

danmrtini - I never heard or recall any negative reports from users of nettle. At one point in time, I used it for a period. What are you taking overall?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Supplements:Pygeum Extract 25mg
Nettle Root Extract 300mg
Fish Oil 1000mg
Gotu Kola 100mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 250mg
Grape Seed Extract 50mg
Blueberry Leaf Extract 60mg

Soy Protein 2x a week
Advanced Whey Protein 1-2x

Aubrey Organics Shampoo--Blue Cammomile
Aubrey Organics Conditioner--Glycogen Balancing
Nizoral 3x a week
5% Minoxidil 1x

Had a hair sample taken 1 month ago with results:
Low Potassium
Low Selenium
Low Copper
Low L-Methione
Low DL-Phenlalanine
Low Tyrosine
Low a bunch Amino Acids
Low Adrenal
Low Immuni

Just Added:
Prox-N(Copper Peptide Formula)2x
Adding Potassium Chloride 1x
Mag Oil
Milk Thistle(Had Gallbladder out last Sept)
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:47 am

danmrtini - What you stated here is very revealing.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect much in the way of positive results from what you've listed.

Acetyl L-Carnitine generates ATP, but shouldn't be used without lipoic acid, as it can increase free-radicals.

I have a section about gallbladder removal/post cholecystetomy on this page.

http://www.immortalhair.org/physiology.htm

Essentially, bile salts are essential and without them it will be extremely difficult to help hair loss. Bile is one of the most
powerful antioxidants in the body and it protects against pathogens. Without a gallbladder the increased prevalence of skin diseases is almost certain. Bile coats acts like a barrier and protects waste matter from reentering the system.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:02 am

I read this before. Great information, and that's why I just added Milk Thistle. I think I bought them from Gallbladder Attack.com (bile salts). But it was like HCL hydrochloric acid and gave me reflux, breathing problems and stabbing chest and lower abdomen pains. Apple Cider Vinegar did this to me as well. Is there any alternative. I just started Milk Thistle. Maybe add Artichoke to stimulate bile.

danmrtini

DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:37 am

HanginInthere wrote:Why would there be excess DHT
the natural DHT blockers, from what i heard and read, do not change the serum blood levels of DHT, they simply preven the already present DHT from attaching to the androgen receptors at the base of the hair follicles. they also do the same on the prostate.

Nettle seems somewhat contradictory in nature. One of Nettle's properties is that it decreases SHBG.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9434605?ordinalpos=3&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

SHBG binds to testosterone, if SHBG is inhibited it leads to a greater amount of free testosterone. This free testosterone is "free" to convert to DHT, thereby increasing DHT.

Here's a somewhat interesting discussion...
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/87565-nettle-root-increases.html

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 am

As far as the Acetyl-l-Carnitine goes. I couldn't take ALA because it caused me serious reflux problems. So I switched to green tea and then blueberry leaf extract. I added ecklonia cava but had problems there too. So I added grape seed extract. Probably blueberry and grape seed extract aren't powerful enough to keep up with the Acetyl-l-Carnitine. I am going to try Resveratrol and Biocurcumin soon as well. Do you think they might give the ALC what it needs?
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 am

danmrtini - Have you tried a product like this: http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Bile-Acid-Factors-333-mg-90-Capsules/172?at=0

Aside from that, a good probiotic should help with digestive problems.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:24 pm

No, I have not tried this. But most acids have a negative effect on me. I will order it and try. Would Reseveratrol or BioCurcumin be a good ALA or Ecklonia Cava substitute? Thanks for all your help!
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:32 pm

danmrtini - Those supplements you're looking for alternatives for are not normally difficult to digest, so getting this resolved maybe paramount in importance. However, curcumin is helpful in stimulating bile flow but this would not be as helpful without a gallbladder.

Hopefully this bile acid product will work.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am

What do you think about the conflicting info on Nettle Root though? In regards to the bile acids, Thanks! I will try it as soon as it arrives and report back.
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:20 am

danmrtini wrote:What do you think about the conflicting info on Nettle Root though? In regards to the bile acids, Thanks! I will try it as soon as it arrives and report back.

danmrtini - Probably the most frequently asked question I get is about SHBG. Young men who are balding are negatively affected by low SHBG. Does this mean that young men talking nettle will have a low SHBG even lower? Unlikely. How does one normalize a low SHBG? Reduce consumption of refined grains and sugars.

In older men, SHBG becomes too high. This is bad because estrogen becomes more dominant which will increase inflammation, oxidation and DHT.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 pm

CS- Green Tea increases SHBG. I absolutely love green tea, but does this mean that I need to perhaps limit it as I grow older? I'm 36 now.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:19 pm

johnt - No, not at all. I've been using high dose EGCG for years, it's terrific for the immune system. The only study related to SHBG so far is in premenopausal women. In men, having a higher SHBG level is associated with both aging and obesity. Since EGCG may help with weight loss, it is possible that it could help lower SHBG, but there just isn't enough data to know one way or the other. To keep SHBG lower, avoiding refined sugars and grains does work.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:52 pm

I just got my order delivered for the Nettle Seeds - will report back what I experience. My understanding is that it is a good source of clean energy and supports fatigured Adrenals and secondarily thyroids as well.

For my hypoThyroid I plan to continue/start the Lugol's + Nettle Seeds + EVCO protocol and see where it lands...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down