Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best food for hair as a vegan?

+11
Delphine
mistermr
sanderson
Hotspur
SonofOdin
australian
Sage 1
CausticSymmetry
25yearold
iuyyighghghgkh
Growdamnit
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best food for hair as a vegan?

Post  Hotspur Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:06 pm

4039 wrote:I don't bother with selective or reactive science.

The Siri-Tarino paper you cited was funded by the National Dairy Council. An independent review of this paper by Jeremiah Stamler actually found a positive association between saturated fat and heart-disease.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/91/3/497.full

At this point an impartial observer may be left to wonder why the National Dairy Council pays researchers to create misleading studies? After all if eggs and dairy are healthy these studies would be readily available. Apparently not.

Your second citation is misleading too. The analysis failed to consider which foods were substituted for eggs. Substituting eggs for other foods rich in dietary cholesterol, for example, would render these findings meaningless.

http://healthylongevity.blogspot.com/2013/04/cracking-down-on-eggs-and-cholesterol.html

'Firstly, the association between egg intake and the risk of cardiovascular disease is meaningless without considering suitable substitutes for eggs. As a lower intake of eggs implies a higher intake of other foods in order to maintain caloric balance, the effect that egg intake has on coronary heart disease depends on which foods eggs are substituted for. For example, data from the Nurses’ Health Study, one of the largest studies included in these meta-analyses suggested that replacing one serving of nuts, but not red meat and dairy with one serving of eggs per day is associated with a significantly increased risk of coronary heart disease.3

The authors of both meta-analyses failed to address this factor despite the fact that the importance of evaluating suitable food alternatives has been strongly emphasized by many prominent diet-heart researchers.4 The findings from these meta-analyses should therefore be interpreted with caution as eggs may have been primarily compared to processed foods and other animal foods which make up the majority of caloric intake in developed nations.'

Your final citation is baffling -- It actually lends support to a vegan diet.

A low-fat vegan diet and a conventional diabetes diet in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a randomized, controlled, 74-wk clinical trial.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19339401

'Both diets were associated with sustained reductions in weight and plasma lipid concentrations. In an analysis controlling for medication changes, a low-fat vegan diet appeared to improve glycemia and plasma lipids more than did conventional diabetes diet recommendations.'

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 4 Empty Re: Best food for hair as a vegan?

Post  Shinobi Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 am

sanderson wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Have been vegan for about two years now. My hair continues to fall. Riddle me that.
Diet is not a cause, its just somethin wich faster or slow the process. You cant handle androgeninc alopecia if you dont really attack it in an holistic way

You just said the vegan diet is basically how you fixed it. What holistic method did you use? Thyroid is the problem. How is your libido on this diet?

No I wanted to say that the diet is just somethin that can push or not your hair loss at a faser rate. You can notice it aroudn you. Everytime for instance i speak to a girl i found very in love of meat i can notice a diffuse thinning hair loss. Its logical. Just make a test yourself: send some food sample of meat to a lab and make some HPLC test for the DHT content: CAS № 521-18-6  You will ask your body already sensitive to DHT to manage more DHT and even cortisol and others bad hormones naturally in the meat and fish.

I dont even speak about the problem to digest meat: 3 times more digestive acid production needed compared to vegetable and others plant based protein rich. and the pro inflammatory property of the meat or even the bad iron from the meat : Heme iron from meat only and the risk of colorectal cancer. Its also logical since cancer comes from DNA Mutation. Heme Iron is pure pro oxidativ and increase greatly all the ROS within the cell. Here again, dont forget that DHT end result after all the inflammatory pathway (tgfb, dkk1, PG2D2..) is ROS production within the dp cells > calcification.

Look, im not here to be an agressiv vegan or whatever.. I just ask people to educate themselv. Dont even believe me, again make your own study, but start first to stop to believe in what you though because you will always want to continue to consume meat. I used to do the same with gluten as well.. I though gluten was a problem only for some people. I was wrong. When you love a food, you dont xant learn its bad actually. I can speak long now about this topic. And I will but on a specific page where i will edit and update often in order to no need for repeat.

Then about my cure, its a custom made spray i use every day. It can cost a lot for someone to buy it and use like i do, but everyone should make their own. If you want I can explain it. I did already 2 blogs to speak a bit deeper about the 2 mains ingredients I use.

My libido is fine, since i use less and less the phyto estrogen wich was the best for my skin however. my hair loss remain cured and under control since my spray

For my thyroid is use almost daily kelp to bring me 360mcg of pure iodine per capsule. But Ideally we shold consume macro seaweed in our diet

Last edited by Shinobi on Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:35 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Adding something to these nice recent posts. 

Of interest, saturated fat helps reduce Lp(a) levels, whereas vegetable oils brings them up.

Lp(a) or Lipoprotein(a) has an association with aggressive MPB according the Lancet in 2000.

Though having said that, diet is individual and also as stated earlier avoiding processed foods helps.

However, MPB is not solvable by diet alone.

Yes but dont forget that all plant based oil contain saturated fat too, even extra virgin oilive oil does: for 91g of olive oil fat organic extra virgin for instance, my bottle contain 18g of pure saturated fat wich decrease Lp(a). + the saturated fat we found naturally already in all plant based food is maybe more than enough.

I say that because as explained earlier in this forum, even coco nut oil should be used carefully. I start to think we should use the plain coco nut instead of only the oil

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:04 am

Shinobi wrote:
sanderson wrote:
Shinobi wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Have been vegan for about two years now. My hair continues to fall. Riddle me that.
Diet is not a cause, its just somethin wich faster or slow the process. You cant handle androgeninc alopecia if you dont really attack it in an holistic way

You just said the vegan diet is basically how you fixed it. What holistic method did you use? Thyroid is the problem. How is your libido on this diet?

No I wanted to say that the diet is just somethin that can push or not your hair loss at a faser rate. You can notice it aroudn you. Everytime for instance i speak to a girl i found very in love of meat i can notice a diffuse thinning hair loss. Its logical. Just make a test yourself: send some food sample of meat to a lab and make some HPLC test for the DHT content: CAS № 521-18-6  You will ask your body already sensitive to DHT to manage more DHT and even cortisol and others bad hormones naturally in the meat and fish.

I dont even speak about the problem to digest meat: 3 times more digestive acid production needed compared to vegetable and others plant based protein rich. and the pro inflammatory property of the meat or even the bad iron from the meat : Heme iron from meat only and the risk of colorectal cancer. Its also logical since cancer comes from DNA Mutation. Heme Iron is pure pro oxidativ and increase greatly all the ROS within the cell. Here again, dont forget that DHT end result after all the inflammatory pathway (tgfb, dkk1, PG2D2..) is ROS production within the dp cells > calcification.

Look, im not here to be an agressiv vegan or whatever.. I just ask people to educate themselv. Dont even believe me, again make your own study, but start first to stop to believe in what you though because you will always want to continue to consume meat. I used to do the same with gluten as well.. I though gluten was a problem only for some people. I was wrong. When you love a food, you dont xant learn its bad actually. I can speak long now about this topic. And I will but on a specific page where i will edit and update often in order to no need for repeat.

Then about my cure, its a custom made spray i use every day. It can cost a lot for someone to buy it and use like i do, but everyone should make their own. If you want I can explain it. I did already 2 blogs to speak a bit deeper about the 2 mains ingredients I use.

My libido is fine, since i use less and less the phyto estrogen wich was the best for my skin however. my hair loss remain cured and under control since my spray

For my thyroid is use almost daily kelp to bring me 360mcg of pure iodine per capsule. But Ideally we shold consume macro seaweed in our diet

Yeah man you should definitely share it. That would be very, very useful. I hear where you are coming from in your talk though. There are for sure certain diets that don't work well.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Protein will always require the most energy to breakdown and absorb, whether plant or animal based.  Both require hydrochloric acid be activated with pepsinogen. They combine to form pepsin which then digests everything that enters the stomach.

Humans are designed to be ominvores based on availability. Millions of years we have evolved eating meat.

Plant based matter simply has lower protein weight by volume and/or bioavailability than animal. Though a dense plant-based protein like soy isolate requires just as much acid to digest as animal flesh or whey isolate. Any potential malabsorption creates just as much gastrointestinal distress without adequate acids, enzymes, good gut bacteria. Those both would be my advice for someone suffering from food malabsorption of any kind.

The blood is designed to be slightly more alkaline than acidic for a reason. Without oxidation you aren't absorbing that food, without acids nutrients have limited entrance to the cells. So our diets should mimic this process for optimal health. Again we're looking for balance, not to ostracize oxidation, protein, fats and cholesterol (acids in general.)

As well, the cell membranes of every human cell are made up phospholipids, glycolipids, and cholesterol. Phospholipids are made up of saturated and unsaturated fat. Lipids are what define our very structure. They insulate our nerves from shorting. Without healthy cell membranes our cells cannot effectively hold an ionic charge or take in nutrients and eliminate wastes. The better the quality of lipid the stronger the cell membrane.

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:15 pm

"Failure to thrive" (FTT) on vegetarian diets:
http://beyondveg.com/nicholson-w/veg-prob/veg-prob-scen1b.shtml

I knew a vegetarian family wherein the husband/father confided to me that he thought they were undernourished.
Said their 2 y.o. son couldn't walk without wobbling.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:58 am

Veganism would be like viewing only two colors of the rainbow, or attempting to write this sentence with a scant few letters of the alphabet. Of course I would instead recommend eating a wide variety in moderation on a health forum.

There are some days I eat like vegetarian, when my garden is fully in season. Vegetarianism is a much more logical (less radical) option. At least if you do decide on veganism, let it be as the most knowledgeable and astute person possible.

I sometimes become a pescetarian at the peak of fishing season. There are some days when I'm pure carnivore with animal flesh, organ meat and healthy fats.

But I most try to maintain my intermittent fasting and a modified keto diet all year round. For optimal health, I attempt to mimic a diet based on how our bodies evolved. We didn't evolve solely eating the world's plant based matter while sitting sedentary in a virtual somewhere.

The reality is that every day living organisms (sentient ones too) either suffer or die for our own self preservation, no matter the diet.

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:48 am

jackson's tortilla chips

jackson's crisps

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:29 pm

While I don't identify myself as a vegetarian, I eat way more veggies than animal food.   I find meat, fish and eggs boring on their own.  Need those veggies or at least a green salad for a complete meal!

And vegetarian protein sources like miso, tahini, and nut butters are prominent in my diet.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Mostly all base ingredients on their own are boring. For meats and fishes, I marinate them in my food sealer to keep them moist and tasty. Although naturally grazing animals taste much better to me plain. There's nothing better than a grass-fed steak with Montreal seasoning.

For eggs, I have natural seasoning blends to make cooking easier. Too bad many people become accustomed to overcooked eggs.

The first tenet of my diet is getting adequate enough protein (either animal or vegetable,) and my requirements are very large. My next concern is healthy fats or around 30-40% of my calories.

That leaves only carbs. I eat as much as desired from whole foods, especially green leafy vegetables and other vegetables and fruits. I have been known (at times) to eat a pound or more of greens daily. This year I grew a ton of dinosaur kale and couldn't get enough. The winter was so warm here, I recently harvested my last watermelon. I ate an entire 20 pounder in a few days. Smile

I like to constantly mix up my diet to keep everything in flux depending on availability and other factors. The confusion principle applies not just to exercise but diet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:50 am

Just got organic, local A2 milk.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:41 am

Sorry for the double post but I want to bump it so people see. I got A2 organic milk and organic ghee. Yes, I guess I gave in a little.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:32 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Sorry for the double post but I want to bump it so people see. I got A2 organic milk and organic ghee. Yes, I guess I gave in a little.

Great, now you can start making kefir.  These are the grains I got:
http://www.amazon.com/1TBSP-Active-Organic-Kefir-Grains/dp/B007GGRJTG
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4