Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best food for hair as a vegan?

+11
Delphine
mistermr
sanderson
Hotspur
SonofOdin
australian
Sage 1
CausticSymmetry
25yearold
iuyyighghghgkh
Growdamnit
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best food for hair as a vegan?

Post  4039 Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:08 am

Shinobi wrote:
sorry but this is 100% bullshit. I can explain myself but problem is now the debate start now from so low. I will start to make a blog to explain scientifically every point.

You introduced rhetoric not I. My diet is based in science and intuition not religion. At least the stuff you said about cholesterol is totally misguided and potentially harmful. Anyway for every pro study, I can find you the mirror opposite. Welcome to science-for-profit 2015.

And I've spent several summers on a working farm, so I know how much the average animal lacks sentience, no matter how much some project their own humanity. Pigs are smart; that's a given. They are also very tasty.

Back to top Go down

Best food for hair as a vegan? - Page 3 Empty Re: Best food for hair as a vegan?

Post  Growdamnit Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:42 am

I'm sorry, but no shit the world is run off of slave labor. Welcome to 2015. It's about minimalizing damage and suffering.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:07 am

This thread made me hungry and I am now enjoying 3-egger scrambled eggs with green onion, orange bell pepper and a good helping of Gouda cheese
(high in K2). Yum Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Delphine wrote:

This thread made me hungry and I am now enjoying 3-egger scrambled eggs with green onion, orange bell pepper and a good helping of Gouda cheese
(high in K2).  Yum Very Happy

Lol. You're aware we believe eggs are a risk factor in heart-disease, hair-loss and impotence aren't ya? Go knock yourself out kid : )

It's sad guys like 4039 have been duped by bloggers into believing saturated fat is harmless. For the neutrals, here's a few links outlining the health benefits of a plant based diet:

http://nutritionfacts.org/
http://plantpositive.com/
http://healthylongevity.blogspot.com/
http://nutritionstudies.org/articles/

And here's an entertaining YouTuber (You'll love this guy Delphine):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cig4tNvulAc

Anyway Merry Christmas Guys : )

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Hotspur wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cig4tNvulAc

Anyway Merry Christmas Guys : )

I knew that would be a vegan gains video before even clicking your link. I've been duped... while he posts a video of a self-confessed sociopath and sadist. His immune system was so low as a twenty-something male, he claims they almost amputated his leg after contracting e-coli. umm, ok?

At best veganism is a fad, at worse it's a passive aggressive religion. As long as no one imposes their lifestyle on me or proselytizes, we cool. Enjoy.

Might also want to search on what oxidation does to all lipids, not just saturated or cholesterol. Might want to search on what increases cholesterol synthesis or how all steroid hormones are manufactured, including testosterone and progesterone.

Delphine wrote:

Sounds yummy and packed with choline. Just don't watch Richard Burgess (aka Vegan Gains) or you might lose your appetite. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:17 pm

4039 wrote:
Might also want to search on what oxidation does to all lipids, not just saturated or cholesterol. Might want to search on what increases cholesterol synthesis or how all steroid hormones are manufactured, including testosterone and progesterone.

Looks like someone's been reading a little bit too much Danny Roddy, eh?

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Yeah I'm pretty much his antithesis in many ways. Also been posting here 5 years, if you haven't noticed that as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:22 pm

Delphine wrote:

4039 wrote:Sounds yummy and packed with choline. Just don't watch Richard Burgess (aka Vegan Gains) or you might lose your appetite. Very Happy

Alright, I'll steer clear of him Wink

Stocked up on lecithin again today, I've learned some things from you about choline.  cheers
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:01 pm

4039 wrote:Yeah I'm pretty much his antithesis in many ways.

Really? How so.

I actually like Danny Roddy. His thoughts on the DHT myth and his advocacy of self-diagnostics are compelling contributions to the community. That aside, his total cholesterol recommendations -- 160-200mg/dl -- do more harm than good.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  australian Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Vegan gains is living proof that not all protein is created equal
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Obviously, I'm vegan and very much into fitness. Vegan gains is a piece of shit who doesn't truly know his stuff. That is all.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  hairmaniac Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:59 pm

Try dried figs...from what I've read around the web they are helpful to remove estrogen. Plus they taste awesome and are nutritious!

hairmaniac

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:31 am

People who speak bad against vegan still not have looked deeped in the topic thats all.
Im on a vegan diet and cured my hairloss 110%. 110% because i also see now thickening from a year to another. A friend of mine who is obessed with hairloss too admit as well than my hair is better and better. I think I played fast enough to have my full head of hair (i have more hair than a danny roddy for instance). But its not really my diet which helped i believe but more my local action because my case was strong hair loss and itchy scalp (people can search my previous post here, i dont post much these days since I cured myself). So I think important is that everyone found the way they want.

Now I can wash my hair once every 3 days without problem, less sebum than ever. Meat / eggs / dairy / fish are direct pro DHT / inflammatory. Indirect is gluten / high sugar diet and possiblity also sex (see dr lin blog for all the reference)and sleep too late (you miss the melatonin pick train). You can test yourself and see result in terms of sebum and itchy scalp at least (the 2 comes packaged), this is a strong indicator of how strong is your hairloss, so you can see result from a week to another etc.

Finally I also make a personal spray every 2 days because i use 25ml of it every day (i use it twice a day).

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:05 am

Have been vegan for about two years now. My hair continues to fall. Riddle me that.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinobi Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:53 am

Growdamnit wrote:Have been vegan for about two years now. My hair continues to fall. Riddle me that.
Diet is not a cause, its just somethin wich faster or slow the process. You cant handle androgeninc alopecia if you dont really attack it in an holistic way

Shinobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Have been vegan for about two years now. My hair continues to fall. Riddle me that.
Diet is not a cause, its just somethin wich faster or slow the process. You cant handle androgeninc alopecia if you dont really attack it in an holistic way

Grow. I really like Vegan Gains. In a demographic rife with passive-aggressive unicorn huggers, it's nice to have someone who knows his shit call the shots. Long may it continue.

... And if you're still losing hair, perhaps you should consider a blood test?

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Hotspur wrote:

Grow. I really like Vegan Gains. In a demographic rife with passive-aggressive unicorn huggers, it's nice to have someone who knows his shit call the shots. Long may it continue.

His message and specious science doesn't resound with me. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Just keep the trolling to his channel and elsewhere. If it happens here and you disrespect the forum, I'm going to call you out on it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:42 pm

4039 wrote:
Hotspur wrote:

His message and specious science doesn't resound with me. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.  

Just keep the trolling to his channel and elsewhere. If it happens here and you disrespect the forum, I'm going to call you out on it.

... And why don't you offer us an example of his specious science? If you bullshit us I'm going to call you out on it.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Cholesterol goes up, heart disease goes down.
http://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2015/12/21/cholesterol-goes-up-heart-disease-goes-down/
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:09 am

Hey Delphine. I thought you tapped out of this debate a long time ago? So you think you've disproved the lipid hypothesis ...

Every so often a paper is cited to this effect. In reality these papers are often funded by industry and/or anomalous and later discounted. Siri-Tarino and the so called 'French Paradox' are examples of this trend.

I haven't been able to read the full text of the study Kendrick has cited. Here are studies that demonstrate a positive association between cholesterol and heart-disease:

Major dietary protein sources and risk of coronary heart disease in women.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20713902

Red meat consumption and mortality: results from 2 prospective cohort studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22412075

Cholesterol Reduction Yields Clinical Benefit. A Meta Analysis:

https://circ.ahajournals.org/content/97/10/946.full

'The only significant factors affecting CHD mortality risk reduction are net cholesterol reduction. Our previous meta-analysis gave the same result. There is no evidence to conclude that CHD mortality risk reduction is anything other than proportional to net reduction in total cholesterol.'

Finally, if you believe consuming eggs has benefited your hair, all power to you. I'd just encourage you to have an open mind and adapt your opinions based on new research.

Hotspur

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:25 am

Shinobi wrote:

You just said the vegan diet is basically how you fixed it. What holistic method did you use? Thyroid is the problem. How is your libido on this diet?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:33 am

jackson's tortilla chips and crisps

the perfect vegan food

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:10 am

There is not one food is right for everyone.  Some may do good on low fat while others high fat.  If one does good on low fat such as myself nowadays then look into FL1953.

May also be arginine content causing the issue as well and not just fat content.

Regarding hair loss and diet for vegan it's more about avoidance of certain foods and other issues but brags Apple cider vinegar And put in water before a meal may be helpful.  Be careful of teeth so drink some water after.

In addition can spray some white vinegar in hair after shampoo to remove residue from shampoo left in hair.  Not too much or left too long in hair... Just spray on and wash off right away to remove chemical residue.  

Both Braggs ACV and spray on vinegar to remove shampoo residue is anti viral interestingly.

If one still can't get a grasp on stopping hair loss after trying all these methods on this forum then look into mold bio toxins. Easiest way to know if there is a problem here is if one vacuums house for long periods of time everyday and if symptoms reduce dramatically then this could be the issue. ... Mycotoxins stick to dust. Remove dust from home and will remove good amount of the problem in house.

Last edited by ubraj on Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:13 am

I don't bother with selective or reactive science. Diet is a very personal and complex decision.

Otherwise humans have been eating meat for millions of years, while most Western chronic diseases are relatively new. And veganism is even more of a blip.

The pros of a vegan diet would be the elimination of processed oil, refined sugar and grains with an increase in leafy greens. Yet, if I were a vegan, for hair or health, my concern would be supplemental vitamin A, B4, B12 and D3, iron, zinc and DHA... for starters.

Also plant proteins aren't nearly as bioavailable as animal and vegans don't get enough protein in general. So I would supplement with the most bioavailable plant-based protein soy isolate. I'd say protein is important for hair health being over 90% of its composition.

With limited dietary cholesterol, I'd at least try to get enough daily saturated fats to keep hormones at an optimal level. A diet packed with choline rich foods like animal and organ meat and dairy products decreases the risk for cardiovascular disease. Saturated fat also helps to raise HDL cholesterol and increase LDL particle size, which reduces cardiovascular disease.

Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2010/01/13/ajcn.2009.27725.abstract

Basically eggs are a rich source of vitamin D, protein iron, choline and address many vegan deficienies.

Egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies
http://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539

The only truly controlled study of veganism was a 2009 74-week clinical trial. The weight loss between vegans and diabetes group was negligible. There were also no differences in blood pressure, blood sugar or HDL and triglycerides.

A low-fat vegan diet and a conventional diabetes diet in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: a randomized, controlled, 74-wk clinical trial
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1588S.full.pdf+html

As far as ethics, there's hardly any on factory farms, whether it be agriculture or animals. Many native animals and environments have been plowed under to further our monocrop society. Not to mention a majority of the earth's landmass is unarable and can only be used for livestock. And placing those out-of-season fruits and vegetables on our plates means human enslavement, and yes starvation, elsewhere in the world.

I have been organic gardening for a good portion of my life btw. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:12 am

Adding something to these nice recent posts. 

Of interest, saturated fat helps reduce Lp(a) levels, whereas vegetable oils brings them up.

Lp(a) or Lipoprotein(a) has an association with aggressive MPB according the Lancet in 2000.

Though having said that, diet is individual and also as stated earlier avoiding processed foods helps.

However, MPB is not solvable by diet alone.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next