Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why am I still losing? EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why am I still losing? EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Why am I still losing? EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why am I still losing? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why am I still losing? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Why am I still losing? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Why am I still losing? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Why am I still losing? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Why am I still losing? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why am I still losing?

+10
dennycrane
ElmoSuper8
Kazbar
australian
CausticSymmetry
alphadelta
iuyyighghghgkh
rofl
Growdamnit
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why am I still losing? Empty Why am I still losing?

Post  Growdamnit Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:31 am

Entire IH line since March. Cook regularly with healthy foods. I exercise often, yet I am still losing it slowly. The left temple has a bunch of short hairs with dead ends now. My scalp is becoming more visible. What in the fuck?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Why am I still losing? Empty Re: Why am I still losing?

Post  rofl Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:27 pm

because mpb is largely genetic. you can take away the triggers like bad diet and lack of excercise( if they are triggers and im not sure that they are) but at the end of the day you still have a genetic trait, or plan that will result in you ending up at a certain level of baldness by the time your old. bad health only exaccerbates the condition.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:47 pm

So, essentially I can't grow my hair back.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:04 pm

it's not genetic.

you have one ethnic group, the White British.

They have less hair loss in Australia.
More hair loss if they live in Britain.

It's obvious why

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:21 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:it's not genetic.

It's obvious why

when i was in Australia i noticed that way fewer people were bald here than in europe. dunno if this still hold when looking at the statistics but that was my general observation

alphadelta

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:32 pm

then why am i losing hair in exactly the same pattern as my brothers and father.

rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:35 am

Growdamnit - You use some type of heavy metal detox right?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  australian Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:31 pm

alphadelta wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:it's not genetic.

It's obvious why

when i was in Australia i noticed that way fewer people were bald here than in europe. dunno if this still hold when looking at the statistics but that was my general observation
To me it seems like there are way more bald people here in the cities than in the small coastal towns. I don't know about rural towns, I don't head out to those areas often. It could be the iodine in the air (and water), it could be the lack of pollution, it could just be healthier lifestyles in general, but there's always less bald blokes in coastal towns.

I don't understand what iuy is getting at though, and I'd like to see the source for that claim. Are you saying that vit D deficiency is the main reason for baldness?
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:19 am

This is true. This was my reason for inquiring about heavy metal detox. According to a few studies, baldness is more pervasive in cities with all the sort of industrialization.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:29 am

no

entire lifestyle is the difference

sunshine, beaches, a happy country, will lower your stress hormones better than any pill can

although vitamin D has to be considered

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:37 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Growdamnit - You use some type of heavy metal detox right?
Yeah, use the Immune Boost 77.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:44 am

Growdamnit wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:Growdamnit - You use some type of heavy metal detox right?
Yeah, use the Immune Boost 77.

What's your diet like?

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Vegan. Try to get as much produce in as I can. Have been slacking on diet last few weeks.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Growdamnit wrote:Vegan. Try to get as much produce in as I can. Have been slacking on diet last few weeks.

Okay, that's interesting. Do you consume any calcium (other than leafy green's)?

Making a short story shorter, a vegan diet for some is not conducive for optimal health. One way to check
is serum albumin level (when too low, suggests a problem).

Also for what it is worth, in places known for higher concentration of vegans, those who opt for dairy products
do perform better from a hair growth standpoint.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Vegan! Thats too vague!

Keep a journal. Write down what you're eating for a week. Also, when and with what you are taking you're supplements with. Then post it up. We can get a better understanding that way and maybe pinpoint whats going on.

Kazbar

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:04 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Vegan. Try to get as much produce in as I can. Have been slacking on diet last few weeks.

Okay, that's interesting. Do you consume any calcium (other than leafy green's)?

Making a short story shorter, a vegan diet for some is not conducive for optimal health. One way to check

Also for what it is worth, in places known for higher concentration of vegans, those who opt for dairy products

Really great point concerning serum albumin level. High-carb low-fat vegans are especially living a fairly harmful lifestyle in absence of adequate protein. These HCLF vegans also literally pack on pounds of fat around their cells, organs, tissues, systems in mere months.

I personally would never recommend anyone go vegan for health reasons; but yeah, my highest recommendation would be to eat more vegetables, especially leafy greens. Buy a blender and start yesterday with 80% veggie and 20% fruit.

And yeah, consume eggs, milk and butter from quality sources. That represents a way more balanced diet than a pure produce or pure meat. The genuine problem is those trying to reinvent the wheel and resell it. Why change something that was never really broken?

Though what truly needs changing is a marketplace predominantly filled by big pharma, big agriculture and factory farming in depleted soil and overcrowded livestock. And it exists simply because people a) don't know any better b) are looking for easy answers c) don't understand the health tradeoffs for that cheap food and widely-available medicine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:17 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Like what type of dairy products? I'm not sure where else I would get calcium other than leafy greens.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:31 am

4039 wrote:

And yeah, consume eggs, milk and butter from quality sources.

Just wondering... Even if you buy organic/ raw milk and butter do they not still contain IGF-1 which causes inflammation for hair loss sufferers? Or have I got that completely wrong?

Also, eggs are quite high in histamine are they not?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:47 am

Growdamnit - There are some vegan/vegetarian sources of calcium, however part of the concern and 4039 touched on this as well is the protein content. As mentioned you can observe your serum albumin level, and most vegans (not vegetarians) typically have levels hovering in the 4.2 to 4.3 range (European equivalent is 42 to 43), this is much too high. Better to have a 4.6 and/or 46 +.

So it is possible that your challenge may go beyond just the calcium, so I'll list some sources and also mention the "why" of it.

One of the most frequently overlooked reasons for hair shedding (assuming everything is proper) is inadequate protein intake. One way to handle this from a vegan perspective to is to incorporate a lot of amino acids (sulfur-based in particular).

So back to calcium, egg shell derived calcium is a good source, but maybe too "vegetarian" depending on importance. Still though, it lacks protein, and saturated fat.

Saturated fat lowers lipoprotein(a), which is a factor MPB, and it increases when polyunsaturated fats are consumed.

I can simply say that in my observations from years analyzing MBP, including a non-allergic dairy source into one's routine can make a pronounced difference. Many are not aware that there are a few, sometimes even local, non-allergenic diary sources. These include, goat milk, sheep and Yak all produce a type of A2 beta-casein that works well in the human digestive tract. Unfortunately most milk is A1, which creates problems in the gut. Only 1% of cows in the USA produce A2 milk (I've been noticing now that some stores now sell it). 

Regarding growth hormone (look for products that are hormone free when possible) Recombinant bovine growth hormone and/or rBST is a product primarily given to dairy cattle by injection to increase milk production. Bovine somatotropin or bovine somatotrophin (abbreviated bST and BST), or bovine growth hormone (BGH), is a peptide hormone produced by cows' pituitary gland.

Other options include full fat, Greek yogurt, which is both protein and saturated fat rich, and of course calcium.

What it does is a lot for hair. It positively affects one of the major factors in MPB, that being 11-Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, which catalyzes both cortisone and cortisol. This enzyme is found in concentrated levels in liver, fat stores and the CNS. So one could be doing all the right things, and if this enzyme is expressed on high, it will be a losing battle.

Calcium in short supply will increase this enzyme. The protein content can be relevant as well, because vegan protein is not robust in insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). In short, not enough of this and hair will not grow. It will fail to grow even without DHT expressly on the follicles.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:00 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

Other options include full fat, Greek yogurt, which is both protein and saturated fat rich, and of course calcium.

What it does is a lot for hair. It positively affects one of the major factors in MPB, that being 11-Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, which catalyzes both cortisone and cortisol. This enzyme is found in concentrated levels in liver, fat stores and the CNS. So one could be doing all the right things, and if this enzyme is expressed on high, it will be a losing battle.

Calcium in short supply will increase this enzyme. The protein content can be relevant as well, because vegan protein is not robust in insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). In short, not enough of this and hair will not grow. It will fail to grow even without DHT expressly on the follicles.

Hi CS, so are you saying that full fat, Greek yogurt lowers 11-Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus being a positive for hair loss because both cortisone and cortisol are lowered? Or have I misunderstood?

Also when you promote dairy, are you always referring to raw as opposed to pasteurized?

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:19 am

ElmoSuper8 - Raw is always preferred, but when it comes to yogurt, its more acceptable due to the cultures. Even a wrong type of diary will work better (so doesn't have to be perfect). I would suggest whatever form of calcium will work with your GI system. That was just a suggestion.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:02 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:ElmoSuper8 - Raw is always preferred, but when it comes to yogurt, its more acceptable due to the cultures. Even a wrong type of diary will work better (so doesn't have to be perfect). I would suggest whatever form of calcium will work with your GI system. That was just a suggestion.

Thanks CS, just trying to understand the whole dairy angle because it seems quite a polarized area. Some say it's really important to have dairy in your diet for the reasons you've listed etc. and others say dairy is bad for hair loss sufferers because it is very inflammatory, so I'm just really confused to be honest. I mean, what is it in dairy that could be inflammatory? Is it the IGF-1?

I found this on your site from an article called" The Case For Raw Milk" -

"Pasteurization alters the quality and structure of the milk itself.  For example, when milk is pasteurized and homogenized, the lactose sugar is converted to beta-lactose, a form that can cause milk allergy.  Beta-lactose causes blood glucose levels to rise sharply in comparison to raw milk. Pasteurized milk is a recipe for DHT, as it stimulates insulin growth factor-1."

And did I understand correctly when I summized your previous post CS? - I said -

"are you saying that full fat, Greek yogurt lowers 11-Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus being a positive for hair loss because both cortisone and cortisol are lowered? Or have I misunderstood?"

As an addendum, I have lost loads of weight since quitting dairy; nothing keeps your weight regular like dairy in my opinion, but I was concerned that its inflammatory.

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:19 am

ElmoSuper8 - Yes, milk/dairy is a double-edge sword, so that's why went on a tangent about the importance of choosing A2 milk.  Personally I won't even try standard cow milk under any circumstances. For me, it has to be raw and/or unpasteurized, A2 milk. However, when it comes to cheese (my system can handle it), however for those who have a dairy problem, would try goat cheese (it is A2).

Also, for the most part, a Greek yogurt (despite being pasteurized) will go down better because of the cultures.

About the IGF-1...the main split on here is the beneficial effects that come from animal sourced protein (not necessarily only from dairy) and the kind of IGF-1 to avoid is rBST (Recombinant bovine growth hormone). We generally do want to avoid the additive form, which is designed to boost weight in animals. 

So the natural uptick in IGF-1 is welcomed. Fact of the matter is, one can take away all of the DHT and it won't make a single hair grow without some IGF-1. This I believe is the reason why low protein intake is a risk factor.

Acta Paediatr. 2014 May;103(5):512-7. doi: 10.1111/apa.12576. Epub 2014 Feb 21.
Animal protein intake at 12 months is associated with growth factors at the age of six.

AIM: To study the associations between protein intake from different sources with anthropometry and serum insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) in infancy and childhood.

METHODS:

Children (n = 199) born in Iceland were followed up to six years of age. Their intake of various animal proteins and vegetable protein was calculated from weighed food records at 12 months and 6 years. Information about their weight and height at birth, 12 and 18 months, and 6 years was gathered. Serum IGF-1 was measured at 12 months and 6 years.

RESULTS:

At the age of six, children in the highest quartile for animal protein intake at 12 months (≥12.2% of total energy) had 0.8 kg/m(2) (95% CI = 0.1, 1.5) higher body mass index (BMI) than children in the lowest quartile (<7.6% of total energy). They were also heavier and longer in infancy and childhood. At 12 months, dairy protein intake as a percentage of total energy was associated with IGF-1 in six-year-old girls, β = 5.4 μg/L (95% CI = 2.5, 8.2).

CONCLUSION:

High animal protein intake in infancy, but not vegetable protein intake, was associated with accelerated growth and higher BMI in childhood. Dairy protein intake in infancy may be positively associated with linear growth and also with IGF-1 in six-year-old girls.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:40 am

Thanks CS, how much protein do you take everyday? Is it all organic?

So is milk only A2 if it's raw/ organic and unpasteurized? I mean, if I got organic goat's milk which was pasteurized is that any good?

Cheers

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:06 am

CS,

I have natural protein powders I use, but what would be a good source for protein?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next