Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Also losing the battle EmptyToday at 7:03 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Also losing the battle EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Also losing the battle EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Also losing the battle EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Also losing the battle EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Also losing the battle EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Also losing the battle EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Also losing the battle EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Also losing the battle EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Also losing the battle

3 posters

Go down

Also losing the battle Empty Also losing the battle

Post  Socceroo Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Hey guys, I guess its time for a catch up. Being wondering in the wilderness of hairloss for too long. I was 'Ozguy' in the regrowth forums...this was my hair status as of oct 07.

Stats:
First signs of hairloss: 19 years
Current hair condition: Diffuse thinning all over, NW2

Trialled Treatments:

Rogaine
In late 2004 at age 19 I began using Rogaine extra strength on the front hairline, it was working well and I noticed thick regrowth (although some of the hairs were bent and ‘unnatural’ looking).
Sides: Discontinued treatment in mid 2006 over a range of sides: increased acne on the forehead and face, hair on the upper cheeks, hair on fingers, tight chest and panic attacks. Side effects subsided after discontinuing use.

Propecia
Reeling from the effects of my worst shed ever, I took on Propecia in Jan 06 and it brought an instant end to the shedding – within two doses in fact. I thought it was a miracle drug.
Sides: Discontinued use after four days – experienced dizziness, heavy head, hot flashes, loss of ibido. Tried to take it again after a 3 day break, but the sides reappeared.

IH: Top 3 started in March 06: Green Tea, Beta Sis, Flax Ligans - noticed little effect over the months, heavy shedding
Picked up ACA/ALA and Biotin in Sept 06 – better concentration and nails grew at a rapid rate, still no effect on the hair
Picked up Cod Liver Oil Dec 06 – Instant effect in reducing acne and improving my complexion, joint pains in knees were relieved (no more clicking). Shedding seemed to slow and thought I noticed new growth on the hairline (mind playing tricks most likely).
Dropped Beta Sis in Dec 06 – noticed a slight shed, wanted to go back on it but immortal advised against

Current Regimen:

Vitacost HMR Lignans – 1 each morning
Doctors Trust Green tea Extract – 3 caps a day
Doctors Trust Cod Liver Oil – 8 caps a day
Doctors Trust Biotin – 5 caps a day
Doctors trust Acetyl L-Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid – Reduced to 1 cap with each meal (cost factor) and have noticed little difference

Topicals: Head and Shoulders, TTO, Emu Oil Shampoo (on rotation), Nizoral 1% (added 2 weeks ago)

Diet: Decent but could be better. I eat plenty of fruit and veggies and have a protein shake after a workout. However, my diet has high levels of carbohydrates due to my Italian background and trying to put on weight through the gym. I’m guilty of 2-3 beers a week.

Pysical Condition: Slim/Athletic build, 74kgs 182cm (5’11)

Mental Well being: Since being on the regimen the hair loss hasn’t played on my mind as much. I think the fact when I was on rogaine and constantly checking in the mirror made me think about it more. I do experience periods of depression over it, especially when looking at photos – these normally last a week or so (going through a mild one atm).

Exercise: Gym 4 times a weeks, Indoor/Outdoor Soccer twice a week

Assessment:
Positives: High levels of energy, superb complexion, elevated mood, increased libido. Metabolism seems to be working in overdrive as well. Shedding seems to have subsided since adding Cod Liver Oil and the Lignans in Dec 06 and March 07 respectively.

Negatives: Hair has continued to deteriorate; however based on my father’s hair loss pattern mine is going along more slowly. Scalp is still flaky and itchy, and skin is very oily.

Outlook: At the current rate of loss I’m probably looking at being a dome head by the age of 26/27 (About the same as Dad). I still however hold onto the hope that IH’s regimen will kick in at full thunder and will regrow my hair soon. I definitely rate his regimen for curing almost every health problem I had before (acne, mild depression, poor energy levels, joint pain in the knees from soccer) but as a hair loss remedy I’m still not entirely convinced its right for me.

If I had to point to the golden vitamin, the cod liver oil seems to have had the most profound effect on my hair and other aspects of health.

From then Ive progressed to a NW3-4 with continued thinning all over. I'm not sure if the caffeine is doing anything effective (added to shampoo in dec 07). My regimen is as follows.

Doctors Trust Products:
Cod liver oil x 8 per day
biotin x5
green tea extract x3
probiotic x2
zinc x2

Vitacost
HMR Lignans x1 a day

I dropped the Acetyl L-Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid due to cost factor and i didnt feel it was effective. I 'phased' it out over a period of 4 months.

I really feel like im fighting a losing battle, hair has been shocking of late. I really feel like the key is attacking the top of the hair since i had good results with rogaine but poor side effects - there seems to be no other solution though. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Diet is still pretty average, but i really can't get around the carbs - i need it for the amount of exercise i do and the culture im part of.

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

Also losing the battle Empty Re: Also losing the battle

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:49 am

If the IH regimen has been effective with all the other health issues that you mention, chances are very good that
it will be effective re your hair loss as well. If you are high on carbs you need something to control glucose/insulin,
like R-lipoic acid. I think you also need a much more potent anti-inflammatory: fibroboost or pycnogenol. Fibroboost is
probablky the better choice especially now with the affordable price on iherb.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:15 am

Socceroo - I second cpio.

Ecklonia Cava is easily the most important supplement. Also Lipoic acid is needed for the free radical factor.
From a hormone standpoint, you might try Pueraria mirifica.

A cursory check for Candida is really important as it can prevent progress of any kind. Check out this page here:
http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm

It will explain all the details.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down