Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why?

+7
CausticSymmetry
The Hulk
sanderson
Columbo
iuyyighghghgkh
magic_gro
Growdamnit
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why?

Post  Biffy Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:58 am

My advice would be to forget about aspirin and caffeine for hair loss, it won't do anything. It was tested already and no positive results, you have much better and efficient alternatives.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why? - Page 2 Empty Re: Caffeine, niacinamide, & aspirin. Why?

Post  The Hulk Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks Biffy.

So all those tests were not worth a dime?

With regards to the much better and efficient alternatives, can you please list them?

Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:00 am

Renky wrote:Thanks Biffy.

So all those tests were not worth a dime?

With regards to the much better and efficient alternatives, can you please list them?

Thanks

I didn't find a single study listed providing evidence that Caffeine or Niancinamide increase hair thickness or hair count, even if there is such effect it is probably negligible. Use Brewer's Yeast to get Niancinamide - you will get full body and skin benefit of all the B vitamins or maybe supplement with additional oral Niancinamide, if you really believe that can help your hair. It is a proven fact that Adenosine topical is significantly superior to Niancinamide topical as hair growth stimulator. Adenosine works as good as 5% Minoxidil (but faster and no side effects). If you have the money try AHK-Cu, this is pretty good topical, it's proven to work.

As far as Aspirin goes, Garza and Cotsarelis have concluded it does not work as it should on paper...not to mention potential health implications. So your alternative would be powerful internal COX-2 inhibitors (Krill Oil, Curcumin, Ecklonia Cava) along with something like Castor Oil + DMSO to produce exogenous PGE2 and weekly wounding followed by 10mg of Lithium Chloride (if you are looking for hairline regrowth), also add Stemoxydine for additional hair thickness and to revive progenitor cells. Ofkors add Vitamin A and D3, K2 if you aren't on them already. You could also experiment with stuff like Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil - studies found they posses similar potency than Minoxidil. If you are adventurous try topical Valerian Root Extract (for progenitor cells and follicle neogenesis) and Thyme Oil (some user here has stated Thyme Oil stops his hair loss immediately).

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks again Biffy.

I have been consistently on the IH regimen for around 4 years now with fine tuning along the way, so most of the internals you suggest I am already taking. I am about 85% certain that my hair issues come back to adrenals, high cortisol, hypothyroid, stress and gut health. I am still fine tuning these areas, but think I am on a win. I used to freak out when I originally notice my hair thinning. Over time (with CS' suggestions and chatting to you good folk), I feel that I have either halted the hair loss or really slowed it down to a snail's pace. I believe the IH regimen is solid and it has cured most (if not all) of the extreme inflammation I used to experience. I believe the missing link in my situation now is dealing with the hypothyroid and cortisol. I skim read Danny Roddy's book yesterday and saw that he states an out of whack thyroid can cause cholesterol issues. My cholesterol is sky high (and I am a natural bodybuilder).

With the topical suggestions, are you able to provide some links on further information as well as where I can purchase these items?

Thanks again

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 am

Renky wrote:With the topical suggestions, are you able to provide some links on further information as well as where I can purchase these items?

Thanks again  

AHK:
http://hairevo.com/shop/17-copper-tri-peptides or http://amzn.to/1PrXqwC
Mode of action: In short it helps with inflammation and fibrosis. AHK-Cu increased follicular cell growth while decreasing programmed cell death (apoptosis)...

ADENOSINE (cheaper alternative would be to buy it in a bulk from Alibaba or from group buy):
http://amzn.to/1PrUGPW
Mode of action: Minoxidil works primarily by upregulating Adenosine. Activation of the adenosine a2b receptor triggers the release of FGF2, FGF7, VEGF, IGF-1 and inhibition of gsk3b and hence, activation of b-catenin. Adenosine also helps with shed and inflammation.

STEMOXYDINE:
http://amzn.to/1MfZTWP
Mode of action: stimulates progenitor cells CD200 AND CD34+ progenitor cells, hypoxia causes increase in VEGF (growth factors) and PGE2ep1 activity, increases Nitric Oxide.

PEPPERMINT OIL:
http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-essential-oils-peppermint-2-fl-oz-59-ml/21127?rcode=dfq107
Mode of action: anti-androgenic, enhances IGF-1.
Study on hair growth: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/

ROSEMARY OIL:
http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-essential-oils-rosemary-2-fl-oz-59-ml/21128?rcode=dfq107
Mode of action: increases PGE2.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25842469

THYME OIL:
http://www.iherb.com/eclectic-institute-organic-thyme-2-fl-oz-60-ml/7738?rcode=dfq107
Mode of action: inhibits pgd2 (via COX-2), inhibits interleukin and activates PPARα/γ.

CASTOR OIL (must be cold pressed):
http://www.iherb.com/heritage-products-castor-oil-16-fl-oz-480-ml/55689?rcode=dfq107
Mode of action: Activates the EP3 and Ep4 prostanoid receptor for PGE2. Helps some with inflammation, it darkens hair.

DMSO:
http://amzn.to/1MnAg9K
Mode of action: helps activate WNT proteins, helps with fibrosis and inflammation.

LITHIUM CHLORIDE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NC-4851-Lithium-Chloride-100g-Red-Flame-Color-/271568615541?hash=item3f3ac03875:g:GR8AAOSw0vBUb8Mz
Mode of action: Inhibits GSK-3 and is WNT agonist which increases CD34, DKK-1 antagonist, inhibits TGF-b. There was some experimentation with it on this forum but no real results, maybe needs to be done along with wounding.

VALERIAN ROOT EXTRACT:
http://www.iherb.com/now-foods-valerian-root-extract-2-fl-oz-60-ml/845?rcode=dfq107
Mode of action: Natural alternative to Valproic Acid, Wakes up stem cells CD34+ and inhibits GSK-3 (this regulates sebum). Study on Valproic Acid and hair: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24533507.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 am

they also all act on pgd2

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Do you still do this, iuyy?

Solban?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks again Biffy...

I am considering making my own topical by combining the following;

DMSO
Thyme oil
Castor oil
Peppermint oil
Rosemary oil
Valerian Root extract
Niamacide

I think if I mixed everything up evenly and went low dose on the DMSO and put it in a dropper or spray bottle, then it may be a good topical? Yes? Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks!

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:52 am

well, the only real way to block pgd2 is to avoid all nut/seed oils

yes, I drink coffee to speed up getting rid of the unsaturated fats in my body (sunflower oil, soybean oil, etc), you don't technically need a topical solution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linoleic_acid

only coconut oil, butter and cocoa butter would be safe fats

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:53 am

Renky wrote:Thanks again Biffy...

I am considering making my own topical by combining the following;

DMSO
Thyme oil
Castor oil
Peppermint oil
Rosemary oil
Valerian Root extract
Niamacide

I think if I mixed everything up evenly and went low dose on the DMSO and put it in a dropper or spray bottle, then it may be a good topical? Yes? Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks!

no, the oil won't mix well with the other ingredients

dmso
caffeine
aspirin

would definitely block the pgd2, maybe coconut oil too

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:46 pm

no, the oil won't mix well with the other ingredients

I just placed the order for these, so it looks like I will apply each one and rub in then. I am sure they will mix when applied and rubbed in.

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:57 pm

Wait.

Just stop.

The only way to get rid of pgd2

is to avoid all oils except coconut oil, butter and cocoa

and take substances that remove unsaturated fat like caffeine and niacin. maybe taurine

That's it in a nutshell / however, removing stored fat can take up to 2 years.

hair loss is caused by DIET

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  daniibee Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:15 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:honestly, alpecin may be enough, although it has unwanted chemicals

is it really that bad?

daniibee

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:42 pm

a lot of chemicals in it, but it can produce some results

but that alone is not enough

it's the diet that is producing the pgd2

the caffeine, niacin, etc will release the pgd2 from the fat - which temporarily wrecks metabolism when you release the stored soybean/sunflower/peanut oil from your tissue and scalp

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:05 pm

Whoa... So you are saying that

Thyme oil
Castor oil
Peppermint oil
Rosemary oil
Valerian Root extract

Applied topically are all bad???

I avoid soy and vegetable oils like crazy by the way and have done so for a number of years.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:18 am

no, I'm saying they don't do what you want them to - release the pgd2

only caffeine and niacin can do this.

I think aspirin and niacinamide suppress the body from burning fat, you actually want to burn off the stored sunflower oil/canola oil/soybean oil , which is creating the prostaglandins

Some have written they stay in the body for 4 years - but that is questionable.

coconut oil may displace the stored soybean oil, but as it is released, pgd2 rises,

niacin causes pgd2 to rise because it is releasing the soybean oil from the body - this may be a bad thing. I am not sure.

vitamin E allegedly turns the fat into saturated fat in the body, but I am also not sure about this.

what are all the fat sources in your diet ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 am

Fish oil DOES block pgd2 ,

"because the more highly unsaturated long chain fats interfere with the conversion of linoleic acid into arachidonic acid and prostaglandins. "

That sentence means that it is more unsaturated than even things like sunflower oil, soybean oil etc.

also carnitine - this forces you to burn fat - so isn't good either if you are burning built up soybean/sunflower oil in your body tissue.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:24 pm

Thanks, but are you certain about Niacin? Even Solban contains niacinamide.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:26 pm

I know

however, niacin can eliminate it quicker - this may not be ideal though, you don't want your stored soybean oil in your bloodstream .

aspirin will block the effects when the sunflower oil/soybean oil gets poured into the bloodstream.

niacinamide has other benefits anyway

niacinamide won't force the soybean oil out the body, instead it will make sure you burn it out slowly over 4 years.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:15 am

What about olive oil?

It seems to have a very low amount of PUFA

I always cook certain dinners with it though which I know is recommended to not do (heating it is bad apparently).

I also use it for skin care and on scalp.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:03 am

it's questionable

maybe in small amounts

start coconut oil and see how you react

but most importantly, monitor your hair, and detect changes based on diet

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:14 am

When you mention peanut oil, do you mean natural oil in PB jars? If I get organic peanut butter as a vegan, is it bad that I have some of that oil? I always have coconut oil every day and sometimes caffeine, but I get jittery when I have coffee.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:23 am

I would avoid peanut products, and oil

that's almost worse than soybean oil

generally, sunflower,peanut, canola, safflower, flax , hemp, grapeseed oil, will be avoided on the "pgd2 reduction regimen"

only coconut oil, dairy, and cocoa are allowed fats on the "pgd2 reduction regimen"

whatever regimen you do, is up to you

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Maybe I am over thinking this?

If I do the coffee and niacinamide one day and the rosemary, peppermint castor oil the other day (alternating days), is this a fair approach to take? Or can you do both on the same day? I am cautious about doing too much at once.

Thanks

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Bump...

I am doing the caffeine and niacinamide spray each morning. I personally love it. Feels refreshing and I look forward to it. Next order of supplements, I will order straight niacin and mix that with the caffeine and see how it goes. Overall, I am not sure what this exercise will achieve, but I am enjoying it none the less.

Before bed I am applying rosemary and peppermint oil and letting it sit about 10 minutes. Then I wash my hair with some ordinary soap. Can anyone tell me how long topicals generally need to sit on the skin for absorption to occur?

Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next