Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Niacinamide? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Niacinamide? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Niacinamide? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Niacinamide? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Niacinamide? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Niacinamide? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Niacinamide? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Niacinamide? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Niacinamide? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Niacinamide?

4 posters

Go down

Niacinamide? Empty Niacinamide?

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:07 am

Anyone taking this B vitamin, how does it work?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Niacinamide? Empty Re: Niacinamide?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:57 am

cpio - I grabbed this from my site to save time: "Niacinamide is a very powerful way to induce mast cell degranulation and histamine release. Studies are underway will be demonstrating the efficacy of both Niacinamide and zinc together in a whole array of inflammatory skin diseases.

Cutis. 2006 Jan;77(1 Suppl):5-10.

High dose Niacinamide has numerous applications to fighting hair loss. Besides its ability to reduce the negative influences of mast cells on fibrosis, Niacinamide inhibits vasoconstriction, allowing better blood flow and circulation. Niacinamide reduces free radical damage from high glucose metabolites. In addition, Niacinamide increases the biosynthesis of ceramides by keratinocytes, which results in better hydration in the epidermal layers of the skin. In other words, it reduces dry skin often seen in inflammatory skin diseases."

Niacinamide can dampen inflammation by inhibiting Interleukin-1, which prevents cytokine release. Niacinamide also inhibits TNF-a (Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha), especially when coupled with N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC). Additionally, Niacinamide appears to modulate the Phospholipase A2 enzyme, cutting off Arachidonic acid, the precursor for prostaglandins, such as PGI2, and thromboxanes, which are derived from the COX-1 and COX-2 pathways.

Science. 2005 May 6;308(5723):866-70.

This in reference to high dose niacinamide (flush free niacin), 500 milligrams three times per day. It's extremely cheap.
Based on some older research that was largely forgotten, niacinamide works well for joint mobility and arthritis.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Ive been taking this for about 3 months now. I can report through some experimentation that there is a real benefit to this. In addition to inflammation, I feel it has a somewhat mild but positive effect on allergies. Between this, Fibroboost (and the other supplements Im taking on IH's regimen) I can tell you my allergies have been significantly reduced. If you get it from Swanson's it is dirt cheap as IH mentioned.

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:08 pm

Project, do you take 3 x 500 mg or more/less per day?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 pm

I've been taking it for a while now too and I have a gut feeling that it is doing something. I started it to kill candida but what I didn't expect to find out was that it has anxiolytic effects comparable to benzodiazepines! This stuff is great Smile I take other things for mood, but I definitely notice it alleviate anxiety- especially with magnesium, and ashwagandha. Here is a great article on everything it does: http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art397&zTYPE=2

Snip:

A Safe Alternative for Fighting Stress and Anxiety
Niacinamide reduces the psychological effects of stress and anxiety. Niacinamide has been shown to be effective in alleviating anxiety, elevating the aggressive reaction
threshold, and decreasing fighting (Akhundov et.al. 1993). It may be an effective natural alternative to benzodiazepines. Niacinamide has demonstrated benzodiazepine-like actions (Mohler et.al. 1979). Niacinamide is thought to be an endogenous ligand for the benzodiazepine-GABA receptor complex. It potentiates the anticonvulsant effects of diazepam (Kryzhanovskii, Shandra 1985). Study participants report they sleep better when taking niacinamide.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:41 pm

Wow, sounds pretty powerfull ..

Thanks for this info.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm

JHarsh, I forgot to ask: what dosage are you taking? I think IH suggested 3 x 500 mg daily. Anyone know of a safety study regarding dosage?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 pm

Good article JHarsh! I'm even more sold on niacin now then ever..

cpio – I took 500mg as much as 6 times a day for a couple days with no problems when I first started to get sick with a cold recently. It didn't necessarily cure me, but Im sure it didnt make me get any worse. Actually, I suspect it made breathing, esp. at night, easier.

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:15 pm

What about candida in the small or large intestines, you guys have experience with niacinamide as a candida killer?

In my experience oregano oil and olive leaf extract, might be very helpful in this regard. Probably also as a natural broad-spectrum antibiotic. I been taking both in large doses for the last 2 weeks. It totally cleared up my rosacea. To my initial surprise it also had a positive effect on my hair. Just not sure if this positive advance can be sustained. Thus, enter niacinamide.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:37 am

cpio wrote:JHarsh, I forgot to ask: what dosage are you taking? I think IH suggested 3 x 500 mg daily. Anyone know of a safety study regarding dosage?

For anxiety I've read that you can take up to 3 grams a day safely, but my usage varies from day to day. I would say I typically end up taking 2 grams (2 500mg pills twice a day), but sometimes I take another 2. It kind of just depends on how busy I am etc. I think for anxiety that 1 gram at a time is a lot more noticeable than 500mg.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:42 am

cpio wrote:What about candida in the small or large intestines, you guys have experience with niacinamide as a candida killer?

In my experience oregano oil and olive leaf extract, might be very helpful in this regard. Probably also as a natural broad-spectrum antibiotic. I been taking both in large doses for the last 2 weeks. It totally cleared up my rosacea. To my initial surprise it also had a positive effect on my hair. Just not sure if this positive advance can be sustained. Thus, enter niacinamide.

cpio,

I know that niacinamide is used by some to kill candida. Usually as a compliment to other things. That is why I bought it originally. I have read that the best approach is to take something for a week (garlic, niacinamide, etc.) and then switch to something else so the candida doesn't adapt (apparently it can) I have read that garlic really effective but only for about 2 weeks. What I did was use Kolorex everyday and niacinamide at the same time. There are actually many things that kill it. Iodine is probably the best and I doubt they would develop resistance to iodine.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:53 am

Jharsh, I am switching as soon as possible to Now garlic tablets (enteric coated) and grapefruit extract.

And then maybe switch back to oregano oil and olive leaf after a few weeks. I started taking Niacinamide yesterday.

I agree with you, that there are many things which can kill it, but it can probably develop resistance to anything! And
maybe fairly quick, maybe even to iodine.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down