Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyYesterday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it)

+2
Complexx
sizzlinghairs
6 posters

Go down

Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) Empty Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it)

Post  sizzlinghairs Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:40 am

Hey everyone. So Im currently only using bbrushing as my only manual. Im unable to do detumescence for the time being due to problems with the nerves in my left hand.

My regimen for brushing is following a reccomendation that ferox gave me awhile ago. He was given the information by someone name "mukunda_M" who said he had regrown his hair through a combination of bbrushing w/ olive oil.

So what Ive been doing per recommendation is, rubbing in olive oil, and brushing semi vigorously, 150 strokes each temple and 150 in the front. Scalp does get pink and I believe the olive does enhance the stimulation. My scalp tends to feel sore for some time after as well.

Initially, about 2 months in, I had little black hairs popping up along the hairline (not 100% they were new or just miniaturizing) but they definitely appeared to be new.

Now 4 1/2 months later, some have gone, some have stayed (maybe a bit longer). Its very possible im just going through a shed regrowth phase, but MY QUESTION is:

Do you guys think this kind of brushing could actually damage a hair follice? I mean ferox said he would bleed sometimes and he thought it would actually speed up his growth through micro wounding. Ive never bled, but I do brush daily, even if the scalp feels a bit sore.

When I see some little black hairs missing or more thin (possibly because they are just coming in and will thicken later?), I get paranoid that I might be doing damage to the follicles? But then I think how people have to go for tons and tons of laser treatments just to stop hairgrowth. This makes me think Im ok. But I wanted to get your guy's opinions.

Thanks in advance!

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) Empty Re: Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it)

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it) Empty Re: Question about boar brushing (for those still brushing or anyone else familiar with it)

Post  Complexx Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:01 pm

No... People dermaroll with 2mm needles, bleed, and see regrowth. Follicles are 4mm deep and I feel there is no way brushing can damage a follicle. Just my 2c
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:24 am

I hope youre right. I mean what youre saying does make sense.

I do brush *every* day. People who needle do like once a week. But needling is much more intense.

Hopefully Im good to go, even with daily brushing..

Complexx, just to clarify, I assume you still think its fine even as a daily routine correct?

Thanks

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post   Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Is there a thread with photos of people's regrowth from dermaneedling?

There is that woman's blog who got hairline regrowth from brushing (http://recedinghairline.blogspot.co.uk/), the photos take a long time to load, but are archived here: https://web.archive.org/web/20120608033532/http://community.webshots.com/album/134834966CJnqdG
I can't really say regarding potential damage and whether it is beneficial, but it worked for her at least over many years...

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 am

Thanks for the link to that woman's blog. From my own experience over many years, it's true, brushing is great for hair. My hair is naturally fine and thin. With sufficient brushing, it looks and feels thicker and is more manageable. Brushing won't damage hair unless you pull the brush through tangles etc. With shorter hair, damage is even more unlikely.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 am

I have a hard time dealing with the amount of hair that comes out when I brush. I can't brush my spots with hair. It damages me mentally.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 am

I've been brushing regularly for over a year. I've seen no signs of harm. If anything my hair looks healthier, stays cleaner longer, and brushing is a very good way to exfoliate your scalp and keep it clean. I cut my hair down short though..about 3/4 inch on the top and a half inch on the sides and back and this helps me get to the scalp better. I always feel the brushing does more for me right after I get a haircut and it's at it's shortest. I cut it once a month so I think next month I'll experiment with a shorter hair cut and see if I feel I get down to the scalp any better.

If you're worried about pulling hair out while brushing you can cut your hair down lower, I think that should help somewhat with it less likely to get caught in the brush. Don't be afraid of the hair that is shedding while you brush..it's most likely hair that was going to fall sooner or later anyways. I don't go crazy with how hard or long I brush but I'm not afraid to be firm with it..whatever you shed was most likely at the end of the growth cycle and was going to go soon anyways. I do not believe that brushing can accelerate hair loss like 'qualified' 'professionals' will tell you. This is just what I have experienced and over a year of daily vigorous brushing has not set me back at all.

I haven't been doing this religiously, but I have been doing it daily for at least a few minutes per day for over a year and I have the same amount of hair as I did before I started and if anything slightly more..but I am not sure what to attribute it to and there's no cosmetic improvement but the brushing did not hurt me. I dont brush until I bleed from my scalp but I do brush until I feel a good amount of bloodflow going on and my scalp feels stimulated. The main reason I do this is to distribute the sebum evenly over the hair shafts rather than have buildup all over my scalp and to keep my hair looking healthy. I don't believe this is anywhere near a cure all solution but it is a step in the right direction and can make your scalp a healthier environment for potential regrowth. But with the wounding/blood flow/scalp stretching it promotes I could be wrong on that.

If you feel brushing may help you and it mentally damages you seeing hair come out..you can always buzz it down low and give it a try. But to me, shedding is not negative..even the 20 year old Latino guy with the ridiculously low hairline who's scalp you couldn't get to with a hacksaw sheds hair..don't let it get to you it only hurts your cause to stress over it.

IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 am

That's right. Think of the shedding a a necessary step on the way to improvement. It is!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am

thanks for the advice guys. I just did get up the nerve to derma roll my existing hair, so this will be next.

stresssucks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down